Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

Honestly thought I was in the clear having dropped Brinewind and sticking to just three expansions... Now looks like I'm back to 4. :rolleyes:

My spreadsheet is telling me  $643.00 USD (before shipping) and  $846.16 CAD (before shipping). I might have to trim that somewhere...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, rubegon said:

I think after day 1 it was already pretty apparent they would get over $3M - anything less would have been a very disappointing finish.  I'm convinced they'll raise FAR more in the PM though, as lots of people will wait to give them money in 9 months for all the stuff they want rather than giving it all now.

I know they'll be getting a lot more than the $120 I've got invested right now.  Just couldn't afford to increase it.  Gotta keep the critters healthy and tires on the car, ya know?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, rubegon said:

It did.  In retrospect it was front loaded.  The finish was big, but a big drop from day 1 compared to the other Bones KS.

I thought this one would be the biggest Bones yet. I think Reaper offered enough models and value to get there, but maybe the timing or promotion was off. For periods they can't keep up like the first and last days I think they should be earlier and more prepared with the information that drives pledges like unlocks and graphics. I'm happy with what I ordered and saw and I'm impressed how much they juiced up the core set in the last 24 hours. I feel like everything that happened today should have been spread out starting from Reaper Live on Thursday night. I expect some hefty additions in the pledge manager. Congratulations Reaper on your campaign.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, AutumnHare said:

Axolotl adventurers!  :wub:

No idea what I'd do with them. But, I need Axolotls, because I've always though them rather intesting creatures ever since I saw them in the Brooke Bond Tea card set Wildlife in Danger ( if I remember correctly ) many, many years ago.

Edited by Pangolin d'AntEater
Correct card set title
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, TripleH said:

Agree. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the Forum posts, twitch, and trying to paint. :lol: 

Tell me about it!  I got everything sorted out so I could assemble some Infinity miniatures...  Of the six on my desk, only three managed to get assembled there was so much going on with the Kickstarter video!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Pangolin d'AntEater said:

No idea what I'd do with them. But, I need Axolotls, because I've always though them rather intesting creatures ever since I saw them in the Brooke Bond Tea card set Wildlife in Dange ( if I remember correctly ) many, many years ago.

D&D Forgotten Realms has Fire Newts as a race/monster.  That's how I'll paint mine up.

image.png.987f5534bd1dc29516e20603bce834f5.png

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Huh, no official Pathfinder minis this time.

I think most of the current line up is in Bones material already. Probably not enough to warrant a slot. Granted they could have made up new ones to fill the slot.

• Like 5

Just now, buglips*the*goblin said:

Now that I have material form I can get into a lot more mischief.  

I was going to ask if it was a good idea to let Buglips into thousands (tens of thousands?) of people's houses. Now that we have you here, maybe you can calm our nerves...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Metzgar said:

I have a question of anyone brave enough to wade through all the kickstarter comments or patient enough to watch all the twitch videos.  Has Reaper said whether the ship model will have removeable cannons and closeable ports?

In other words, can I use this ship in a non-gunpowder medieval fantasy setting with no cannons?  I would just put my own ballista minis on the deck.

I thought I read somewhere that Reaper stated it would be possible to seal up the gun ports with the port "doors?" but I cant find it, and I really don't if that is confirmed.

I'm afraid that more info on the ship will not come out until after the KS ends.

Thanks

They have stated that the ship is still a work in progress but they are working to make the guns removable and the ports capable of being sealed.

I'm pleased to see that they have already settled on a basic configuration that allows for three decks to be used, plus possibly crows nest/fighting platform on the masts.

I've made some suggestions in the "minis we would like to see" thread on how to accomplish the various configurations, time will tell if my ideas prove viable.

GEM

• Like 6

1 minute ago, haldir said:

I think most of the current line up is in Bones material already. Probably not enough to warrant a slot. Granted they could have made up new ones to fill the slot.

I heard that Paizo has to approve all sculpts, etc., and they were not getting back to Reaper on the matter (Paizo just released their 2nd edition in August, so they have been rather busy of late).

• Like 9