ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

@TGP doggone it! now I'm trying to figure it out again! You big meanie!

Ummmmmm. (?) I’m here to help (?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That hardware element that the Swivel Guns are mounted on ..?.. that is called a Pintle.  Or more specifically, particularly with more modern guns: Gun Pintle, Gun Pintle Mount Assembly, etc. 

There are Pintles involved with the ship’s rudder as well ...completely different piece of hardware. 

Swivel Guns, scratchbuild 

For a tiny bit of hardware search for “ T-Pin Swivel Bases “ (from the jewelry making hobby).

• Like 6

On 11/3/2019 at 6:52 PM, ShaneB said:

Here's a first run at a spreadsheet list of all the minis in Bones 5.  I play D&D 5e, so the extra fields work mostly around that system, but they could be useful for sorting otherwise.

Reaper didn't put names on as many of these minis as last time, so there's a lot of minis named "Grave Knight 3" or similar.  I tried to track down everything currently available in one of the metal lines, and name it according to its name in that version.

The numbering scheme for the Options also wound up so big (due to all the minis in the Encounter sets) that it overlapped with the numbers for the Dungeon Dwellers set.  I don't know if that's a problem for Reaper's management of the Kickstarter.  If it is, they'll change it and I'll have to change the numbers.

Let me know if you see anything I missed.  Hope this is useful,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tza7h0aj-icHh-rD2z5RM6E-DQmMqR3g

This is fantastic!! Thank you!

On 11/4/2019 at 10:25 AM, PaganMegan said:

I want cheap.

I want plastic.

And I DON'T want trees or stalagmites.

If I am buying stirges it will be Otherworlds, which at least don't have trees and stalagmites attached to them.

Since Reaper isn't making them, I hope WizKids does.

Yes!!

In for $650, current want list is $834...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

my players have made some... questionable decisions... that have eaten up a lot of game time without progressing the story all that much.  

Story of my Life...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

I'm recovering from the wallet hit which ended up being greater than I expected.

Yeah.  I know what you mean.  That seems to be the norm with this.  I know I'm going to be adding a couple things later too.  Just to spread out the pain a bit.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

In my case it led to the deaths of two party members in as many weeks...

Well, nobody died yet, but only because the BBEG rolled a bunch of 1s in a row. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

What time is the Twitch again? I have never done it before, but I'd like to get in on this giveaway thing...

5:00pm CT, so just under an hour from now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dan Goodchild said:

5:00pm CT, so just under an hour from now. 

Thanks. I just signed up for Twitch, trying to figure out how to get in to the channel. I think I'm there, but not 100%. I guess I'll see how it pans out in an hour...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Thanks. I just signed up for Twitch, trying to figure out how to get in to the channel. I think I'm there, but not 100%. I guess I'll see how it pans out in an hour...

Right now, they are hosting another streamer which means you'll see someone else's video on Reaper's channel. The channel you want is https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan Goodchild said:

Right now, they are hosting another streamer which means you'll see someone else's video on Reaper's channel. The channel you want is https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures/

Thanks. That's what I was seeing, but that sorta confused me. Appreciate it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

6:00 pm central.  Not 5:00.

Is that right? Seems like, at least in the past, people have been posting things from the Twitch stream while I'm at work, and I get off work at 7pm EST, which would be 6pm Central...

• Like 3