ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

Ron just told us there are ~600 minis this time around!

According to them, last time it was ~400.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

What time is the Twitch again? I have never done it before, but I'd like to get in on this giveaway thing...

And you won! Congrats! ☺

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

What time is the Twitch again? I have never done it before, but I'd like to get in on this giveaway thing...

Congratulations, you got the limited edition Rose Gold paint!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dan Goodchild said:

And you won! Congrats! ☺

Thanks. I didn't catch how to claim my prize, though. My son was talking over them...

44 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

They forgot to put an Air Scion in the Fan Favorites graphic, so they are adding this in to it:

837096598_ScreenShot2019-11-07at6_18_11PM.png.0ae3d52ee506a4feefaa97a821832060.png

I really wish they'd just put that into the Elemental Scions add-on, rather than Fan Favorites...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Thanks. I didn't catch how to claim my prize, though. My son was talking over them...

I really wish they'd just put that into the Elemental Scions add-on, rather than Fan Favorites...

They basically said they couldn't due to it being too much in the $12 Elemental Scions' price point.

Also... Bones 6 confirmed?  (Not really, but Ron's sick and thinking out loud.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

They basically said they couldn't due to it being too much in the $12 Elemental Scions' price point.

Also... Bones 6 confirmed?  (Not really, but Ron's sick and thinking out loud.)

Not "confirmed" but mentioned in passing.

I'm sure it has been on his mind, but on the back burner, since before Bones V went live.

GEM

• Like 3

Just now, Green Eyed Monster said:

Not "confirmed" but mentioned in passing.

I'm sure it has been on his mind, but on the back burner, since before Bones V went live.

GEM

Let them (and us) survive Bones 5 before confirming any Bones 6.

P.S. Congrats on your own win too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ksbsnowowl said:

They forgot to put an Air Scion in the Fan Favorites graphic, so they are adding this in to it:

837096598_ScreenShot2019-11-07at6_18_11PM.png.0ae3d52ee506a4feefaa97a821832060.png

Oof.  That would get me the matched set for the efreet and the djinn!  Now I have to re-consider the scions.

They should have just made the scions $20, and added in the other two as well.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Oof.  That would get me the matched set for the efreet and the djinn!  Now I have to re-consider the scions.

They should have just made the scions $20, and added in the other two as well.

I imagine changing the price after the kickstarter closed would get them into trouble. Especially since they are unable to change the text and graphics on kickstarter.com now that the project is over.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Let them (and us) survive Bones 5 before confirming any Bones 6.

P.S. Congrats on your own win too.

Floored me. ::):

But that doesn't mean I will refuse goodies from Reaper. :bday:

I put a note in pleading for a limited run of Rose Gold.

GEM

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Dan Goodchild said:

I imagine changing the price after the kickstarter closed would get them into trouble. Especially since they are unable to change the text and graphics on kickstarter.com now that the project is over.

Agreed. And it just solidifies my intention to get the Fan Favorites (of which, less than half is actually useful to me).

I'm glad that the possibility of a Norse expansion is on Ron's mind. It makes it much more likely my suggestion in the KS comments may eventually come to fruition. 

Just think of a Norse expansion that came with a longboat, much like the Brinewind Extras add-on ship, but probably twice as long (~12+ inches), and maybe 3" wide at the widest. 

Different sized trolls (kind of like the Oni in Daimyo). Some standing stones/runestones. 

Ten or so Norse PC types (warriors, shepherds, priests, Vikings) in each sex. One or two of them Enlarged to Large (on a 2" base).

Some big-but-still-Medium half-giants (could be painted up as Goliath). Huldrefolk (with a tail peeking from under her skirts).

A Norse-looking ghost (a Deildeghast). 

Drakes (wingless dragons).

A linnorm (serpentine dragons w/o wings or hind legs)... Maybe a two-headed one...

Sorry... Ron got me daydreaming.

Back on topic, I wasn't planning to get the Elemental Scions.  Now I probably will, with the Djinn in Fan Favorites. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan Goodchild said:

Well, you could assume that I meant that they should have changed things after the fact (which would be unethical if not outright illegal), or you could assume that I meant that (since they have the artwork, and it wouldn't be the first time that we've had expansions with mixed renders and concept art), they should have done a six-pack of the scions from the get-go.

I'll let you choose.

• Like 4

Who ended up winning the subs giveaway, I haven't been able to watch yet.

Also agree that this new air scion is a nice add to fan favourites, and I think it'll make me jump in for the elemental pack as well. Might as well if I'm already getting 1/4th of the set. :p 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pineapple said:

It seems to me Ron likes to hope for a lot, and then eventually has to walk a lot of it back.

I would rather they did the research first and then reported back with what's actually feasible later.

About what specifically?

The shipping and logistics?

or

something to do with the Galleon?

• Like 3