Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it was also mentioned they would try to make the dwarf statue an add-on for the kickstarter, for those who want more then 1 of the statue, or who only want 1 or 2 statues without the rest of that set.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Venun said:

I believe it was also mentioned they would try to make the dwarf statue an add-on for the kickstarter, for those who want more then 1 of the statue, or who only want 1 or 2 statues without the rest of that set.

If only they'd make it as a reversed image of the existing one so you'd have a symmetric pair to guard an entryway...  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

If only they'd make it as a reversed image of the existing one so you'd have a symmetric pair to guard an entryway...  

The only distinguishable difference that I can see is which hand is above the other on the hammer handle.  That amount of dissymmetry is minuscule and barely noticeable to me in such a situation.

I assume the Fellowship of the Ring movie poster caused you issues? ::P:

image.png.76d06e04707b8f583380e4814cd3033b.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:
6 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

The only distinguishable difference that I can see is which hand is above the other on the hammer handle.  That amount of dissymmetry is minuscule and barely noticeable to me in such a situation.

I assume the Fellowship of the Ring movie poster caused you issues? ::P:

Yes, it's a small detail with the Dwarf statue.  And it certainly won't discourage me from getting a pair to use.  My wish was more along a "in a perfect world" vein,  than a serious expectation.

And yes, the statues in LoTR did always bug me a little due to the asymmetry of them. :lol:   I'm glad Reaper chose a pose for their Dwarf that was more symmetry neutral.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

Yes, it's a small detail with the Dwarf statue.  And it certainly won't discourage me from getting a pair to use.  My wish was more along a "in a perfect world" vein,  then a serious expectation.

And yes, the statues in LoTR did always bug me a little due to the asymmetry of them. :lol:   I'm glad Reaper chose a pose for their Dwarf that was more symmetry neutral. 

I'm with you on the wish for symmetrical statuary more often. The Greek statues from Bones 4 would've been even better with a nice mirror version of each available as well. With something like this, that's created using 3-D software, the inversion wouldn't be hard to do. It'd just be more expensive, I guess. In a perfect world, these sorts of things would have mirrored options, but I also understand why they don't actually make them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Yes, it's a small detail with the Dwarf statue.  And it certainly won't discourage me from getting a pair to use.  My wish was more along a "in a perfect world" vein,  than a serious expectation.

So you're saying they were too.........heavy handed? :devil:

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
4 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

So you're saying they were too.........heavy handed? :devil:

As a Palmer, such an offhanded remark shakes me and I cannot simply wave it off! ::P:

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Haha 7

These puns are hands down annoying!

I think when we have moved and I can spare some money, I will add that set with the spiders.

The stairs with that statue/door is reason enough on it's own.

It will make a nice photobackdrop for all sorts of minis.

I might add the drawbridge set for the same reason.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3