Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

So before I was asking about what to get/concern about spending half a grand on minis, but where I'm a reservist and... current events, I make more money as part of the Guard... so more money and less time let me indulge myself lol.  

Bones 5 Core Set x1

Valfuryx the Vile x1

Dragon Folk x1

Catapult x1

Dragon Bust x4

Aganzarax x1

Mammoth x1

Ballista x1

Trebuchet x1

Shavynra the Slayer x1

Krateryx, Shadow Dragon x1

Rune Wights x1

Arakoth the Ancient x1

Pirate Ship x1

Ildraedis the Devourer x1

Demonic Temptation Option x1

Yog-Sothoth x1

Kalanzar the Wicked x1

Kaiju Chaos Option x1

Chronoscope Expansion x1

New MSP Paint Colors x1

MSP: Foerster's Favorites x1

Fan Favorites x1

The dragons and the pirate ship are by far my favorites... I'm also running a steampunk campaign so the chronoscope fits too well for me to skip lol.  I can use most of what's there, and the pirate ship will be their airship.  It'll be a heck of set piece to have the ship fights on. 

Altogether quite pleased with it.   The dragon busts are going on top of heavy weights and becoming bookends, one set for me, one set for my mother-in-law, who's a fan of old-style Tolkien dragons, but it's hard to find ones like that painted these days.  

Edited by Evilbookworm
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something i drew many many many years ago   seems fitting

I totally agree with you in that those particular exaggerations are not very realistic in function. This was a challenging character/figure to create because I wanted her to read as feminine but als

Posted Images

On 6/2/2020 at 5:03 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Ideas:

• Stranded ship which became a Town/building
  • Undead Version
  • Flying Version
  • Sunken Version
  • Pirate Version
  • Navy/Merchant version
  • Cut it all up for wreckage ( HERESY!!!)
  • Ship with wheels/legs
  • Ark of the Ages carried by monsters/ undead/slaves as a sort of mount for a supreme sorcerer/necromancer/liche lord/tomb queen?

Wun1IK.png

The Styes - reprinted and illustrated in Ghosts of Saltmarsh.

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I haven't had much luck in looking, but does anyone know who has sculpted the Bones 5 Dragons (Valfuryx, Aganzarax, Shavyrna, Krateryx, Ildraedris, Kalanzar) Most other sculpts I was able to find via the twitch/youtube episode fairly easily but these seem be Super Serious Sekkrets. Just looking because I enjoy the style and was wondering if there are any more from the Artist, any and all help greatly appreciated!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, COGobs said:

I haven't had much luck in looking, but does anyone know who has sculpted the Bones 5 Dragons (Valfuryx, Aganzarax, Shavyrna, Krateryx, Ildraedris, Kalanzar) Most other sculpts I was able to find via the twitch/youtube episode fairly easily but these seem be Super Serious Sekkrets. Just looking because I enjoy the style and was wondering if there are any more from the Artist, any and all help greatly appreciated!

They're slowly getting some more detailed information into the Pledge Manager.  Ilraedis is credited to Jason Wiebe.  Valfuryx is credited to something called Questron Studios.  The other big dragons are as yet uncredited.

For what it's worth, I also find it odd that they never mentioned the sculptors of the big dragons.  Maybe because these Questron Studios people are an outfit that they're new to working with?  I dunno.

• Like 2
On 6/8/2020 at 8:47 AM, Fnordlover said:

Okay, I'm in for $750 and I've doubled up on Brinewind, Brinewind Extras, and Chronoscope. I'm officially done (Barring, of course, that I win the lottery or they add a really cool Power Up).

I currently sit at about $750 with my $600 credit from the original KS and then $61 in shipping so my grand total is sitting at $810. I haven’t yet fully locked in but I think that’s about where I want to be. 

• Like 8

I'm sitting just north of $500, and I think that's pretty much where it's going to stay.

Reasons???

1) I just didn't see as much this time around I need, and didn't want to get crazy like Bones 4

2) Something just didn't feel right this time around, just felt too different from previous kickstarters. Just felt like something was missing??

3) A few personal things that factor in.

I still like what I chose, just not as zealous this round.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I wasn't as excited about this as earlier offerings and I'm still wanting over $400 of things plus shipping. Trying to figure out if I can trim that down somewhere. Good thing I wasn't excited. :blush:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm currently at $333.

Considering I went in to this only wanting two giants, I say Reaper were pretty successful at extracting extra money out of me.

Still need to add one final expansion, but that's going to have to wait until the last minute (Locking down my Dawn of Madness Kickstarter pledge this month has left my hobby funds very drained).

• Like 6
2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

I say Reaper were pretty successful at extracting extra money out of me.

I'd say they are pretty adept at doing that to all of us... 

I've been avoiding the pledge manager for a while due to 3d printing-related expenses, but I'll be swinging by there again soon...  I mean do I need more Reaper dragons?  Not really, but I'm more than likely to buy more Reaper dragons. 

• Like 9

well I loved this one. 

I''m just south of 300, which is a pretty big jump when I wasn't sure I was even going to pledge for the core set this time. 

we are getting 6 dragon or dragon-hybrids with the core st this time around, and I added 2.5 more dragons as extras

there are 3 more extra dragons I want .. but do I need that many more? 

After seeing the bridge terrain, I decided I couldn't wait to own one and just built it.  (mostly over the last week) 

the only hobby stuff that I find as exciting as reaper are all 3-d print models and since I have no access or desire to own a high-quality printer that is just lost oppertunites. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, TheUncannyAK said:

I love the knight's shield. ::D:

Yeah, definitely adding this set.

Yeah, the shield may well be what convinces me to get this set. Love the Gandalf and the knight. Not-Red Sonja and the dragon are okay, but definitely aren't what would sell me on this set. 

(As I've said previously, the Dragonslayers set doesn't seem as great of a value, especially compared to add-ons like Demonic Legions.)

• Like 2