ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

36 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

I'm honestly surprised Daimyo didn't get a bonus or anything during the Pledge Manager.  We've seen several items added as freebies to other expansions and poor Daimyo just feels very bare in comparison to its companions.

Did they? What was added? I feel like the expansions I pledged for haven't changed 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Did they? What was added? I feel like the expansions I pledged for haven't changed 

The only new thing was the hand of disapproval:) They have added some new mini's to a few of the expansions and also a few new power ups. As mentioned in one of the other forums, the addition of a dedicated PR guy to post and comment on things OTHER then livestreams would go a long way (honestly, he should be on all media including the livestream)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

They have added some new mini's to a few of the expansions

'

that's what i was asking about, since Lidless Eye said 

"We've seen several items added as freebies to other expansions and poor Daimyo just feels very bare in comparison to its companions."

so i was wondering what items were added to what expansions, because the expansions i pledged for look the same as they did when i pledged for them, unless i am completely blind

• Like 3

They added a DungeonQuest-style Mage to Dungeon Dwellers. See page 701 of this thread.

They added a set (3?) of shark fins to Dark Depths (so they look like shark fin mini's coming out of the table top).

They added a male Rakshasa to the Fan Favorites expansion (in addition to the female that was previewed). See page 693 of this thread for the Rakshasas. 

I think I'm forgetting one other addition to an existing expansion. 

Edit: Brinewind had a seated  Geisha-style Elven doxie added to it, as well as two "Sons of Barty" (making for a total of 4; three males, 1 female). The doxie is on page 690.  The extra Sons of Barty were announced in the May 1st KS update. No one posted the picture here, so here you go. 

image.jpeg.58b99621c4247716fba877d1a7d6e43f.jpeg

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ksbsnowowl said:

They added a DungeonQuest-style Mage to Dungeon Dwellers. See page 701 of this thread.

They added a set (3?) of shark fins to Dark Depths (so they look like shark fin mini's coming out of the table top).

They added a male Rakshasa to the Fan Favorites expansion (in addition to the female that was previewed). See page 693 of this thread for the Rakshasas. 

Edit: Brinewind had a seated  Geisha-style Elven doxie added to it, as well as two "Sons of Barty" (making for a total of 4; three males, 1 female). The doxie is on page 690.  The extra Sons of Barty were announced in the May 1st KS update. No one posted the picture here, so here you go. 

Yes, there were also a few revisions during the "live" part of the KS like a female Halfling getting added to Dungeon Dwellers to fix a numbering issue, , and the Air Scion to Fan Favorites.  I kind of count those as they weren't originally part of the set or stretch goals. @ksbsnowowl summed up the others I could think of.

• Like 3

On 6/19/2020 at 4:32 PM, ksbsnowowl said:

They are putting an extra, separate, Forceful Hand spell effect miniature in the Pledge Manager.  Should be $3 each.

182193248_ScreenShot2020-06-19at5_30_32PM.png.8adf26608255c352f866915353f3931e.png

:ik_oops:

*facepalm* Of all the things to add to the Pledge Manager................

Yes, I got two of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

23 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*facepalm* Of all the things to add to the Pledge Manager................

Yes, I got two of them.

Dag nabbit!

I just made another PM purchase, and completely forgot about this.  Should have bought the Disapproving Hand instead of a pack of bases.  Oh well, I'll add it to my spreadsheet and remember to buy it next month.

Here's my little drop in the bucket:

• Extra Constructs x1
  • Power Up: Demonic Legion Option x1
  • Valfuryx the Vile x1
  • Aganzarax x1
  • Mammoth x1
  • Shavynra the Slayer x1
  • Storm Giant x1
  • Krateryx, Shadow Dragon x1
  • Ildraedis the Devourer x1
  • Song of the Sirens x1
  • Encounter: Shadows of Ravenhome x1
  • Kalanzar the Wicked x1
  • Base Boss 1" Round RPG Bases x1

All of these were doubles for me (my first "Extra Constructs," but I got the Core set), aside from the Base Boss 1" bases.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I got

Brinewind

Brinewind Expansion

Greek Odyssey

Dark Depths

Fan Favorites

Monsters

Living Death

Shadows of Ravenhome

Arakoth

Goroloth

War Mammoth

Yog Sototh

Pirate ship

Extra stone Walls

Campground/Trailer Park

I regret not getting the succubi, but I've already spent more than I wanted.

With all the STL stuff I'm buying and the Desert of the Dead, I won't add more.

Edited out.

I'm not getting the Daymo (not my thing), the dungeon delvers (I have most those monsters) or the Brinewind, but I'm getting the other expansions including the core.

I love those updated images on the pm, so amazing to go through it drooling over what's coming!

Edited by Venun
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At the moment, I'm planning on getting Dungeon Dwellers, Brinewind, Fan Favorites, and Greek Odyssey. I like enough minis in each of the sets that I feel like it's justified. I probably don't need that many more "PC/Human" minis from Dungeon Dwellers, but I just like the variety and quality, and I've only got two of them in pewter already.

I was really disappointed with the Daimyo expansion - too many dinosaur people and not enough "normal" races. I'd have loved to have some dwarf samurai, as their culture in my campaign is heavily based on Shogunate-era Japan, but I just don't use dinosaur-folk. I was in the market for a lung dragon several years ago, but Rising Sun met that need a while back.

I don't do aquatic much, and, while it'll probably be more useful once I have a pirate ship and all the pirates from Brinewind, Dark Depths is just a little too niche for me to pull the trigger on right now.

Chronoscope would be nice if I played in modern/sci-fi settings, but I have no functional use for the minis in the set as a whole right now....

• Like 2

So much for sticking to just dragons this time around.  I only want the dragon from Daimyo but that wasn't worth the whole expansion, unless we see a print and it's bigger than i expect.

Power Up: Rocky Brush Holder Option x2
Power Up: Hippocampus Figurehead Option x1
Power Up: Pirate Maiden Figurehead Option x1
Power Up: Reaper Figurehead Option x1
Extra Elves x1
Extra Living Dead x1
Extra Kid Heroes x1
Extra Spell Effects x1
Monsters x1
Extra Gem Dragon x1
Extra Halloween x2
Mounted Wraiths x1
Extra Loot Golem x1
Extra Overgourd x2
Extra Murkillor x1
Extra Walls of Stone x2
Extra Walls of Thorns x2
Valfuryx the Vile x1
Aganzarax x1
Mouslings x1
Troll Bridge Encounter x1
Goroloth x1
Shavynra the Slayer x1
Storm Giant x1
The Spiders of Emrith Kul x1
Rune Wights x2
Arakoth the Ancient x1
Option: Elemental Scions x1
Encounter at Gallowgard x1
Ildraedis the Devourer x1
Song of the Sirens x1
Encounter: Shadows of Ravenhome x1
Kalanzar the Wicked x1
Brinewind Extras Option x1
Kaiju Chaos Option x1
Greek Odyssey Expansion x1
Dark Depths Expansion x1
Brinewind Expansion x1
New MSP Paint Colors x2
Fan Favorites x1

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

So much for sticking to just dragons this time around.  I only want the dragon from Daimyo but that wasn't worth the whole expansion, unless we see a print and it's bigger than i expect.

They showed a 3D print of the Chinese dragon in the very first episode of Reaper Live I ever saw (YouTube recommended it). It was around the last week of August, 2019.

Edit: It's episode 48.  I maybe vaguely remember a statement that the 3D print they were showing might not be the final size, but I'm not 100% positive on that. 

Here's a link to the YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B6rdoEjpTz0

They start talking about and showing close-ups at the 40 minute mark. Ron does say the one in the KS probably won't be that big. 

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 1

Pic so everyone can see it easily in relation to Ron's hand. 

image.thumb.png.b0d29ee8c3816d26bebdf0fd699f34cd.png

They did say they would have an accurate print size to show during the KS campaign, but I don't recall that such a thing actually happened. 

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Adding to this list, they also revealed an extra, fifth, Brine Goblin for Dark Depths.  You can see a video turn-around in update #94.

image.png.fe5e5bc48b4a0f884c6fd15532de9052.png

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Adding to this list, they also revealed an extra, fifth, Brine Goblin for Dark Depths.  You can see a video turn-around in update #94.

image.png.fe5e5bc48b4a0f884c6fd15532de9052.png

Nah, she was always in the third part of Dark Depths, just not with the other Brine Goblins.  They split up a few things like that.  She's on the front graphic on KS

• Like 1