Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

I'm pretty sure the horse is immortal or undead, cause it's there waiting for me every update when I start obsessively checking for the update by 3 pm.

The sirens being translucent was a selling point for me. I just hope they go light on the color, so that it can have some washes and dry brushing on it without becoming opaque. I got a couple of oozes from Bones 4 and they're so dark that I wouldn't attempt to put more paint on them beyond maybe a supremely light dry brush.

• Like 4
  • Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something i drew many many many years ago   seems fitting

I totally agree with you in that those particular exaggerations are not very realistic in function. This was a challenging character/figure to create because I wanted her to read as feminine but als

Posted Images

10 hours ago, strawhat said:

Why not?

Most of us (I think) prime before we get to painting anyway, so it's just a matter of how carefully you prime.

I've painted a few translucents.

Those I wanted to use as ghosts worked fine.

But I still find even after priming, translucents have lost some detail when compared to the normal material.

I stay clear from translucents when I don't need them as ghosts,

• Like 3

I have had no issues painting translucents to be opaque, as long as I've had decent cover, and I'm glad the sirens are translucent specifically because it allows  them to blend into the water easier. I wish they weren't tinted, because I prefer translucents to be colorless so they can be tinted however I want, but I get why they are.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Cicciopiu said:

I really can't see the problem: translucent? Primer = no more translucent. :winkthumbs:

Still I find the translucent ones have less detail than the normal ones.

Could just be me of course, but with the ones I have I can barely make out faces, of course I use those as ghosts.

• Like 4

I have been waiting so long to lock in my pledge because I have been going back and forth with what I wanted and how much I felt comfortable spending. My wallet is crying.

Definitely would of wanted a second ship but oh well.
Im pretty sure Im set for life with minis to paint though.

Power Up: Full Moon Fever Option x1

Power Up: Dragonslayers x1

Power Up: Rocky Brush Holder Option x1

Power Up: Hippocampus Figurehead Option x1

Power Up: Reaper Figurehead Option x1

Disapproving Hand Spell Effect x1

Bones 5 Core Set x1

Extra Gem Dragon x3

Power Up: Campground and Trailer Park Scenics Option x1

Power Up: Demonic Legion Option x1

Power Up: Beastmen Option x1

Power Up: Henchwomen Option x1

Valfuryx the Vile x1

Dragon Folk x1

Catapult x1

Townsfolk x1

Dragon Bust x1

Fire Giant Hellbringer x1

Aganzarax x1

Mouslings x1

Troll Bridge Encounter x1

Mammoth x2

Fantasy Dinos x1

Yokai x1

Ballista x1

Goroloth x1

Trebuchet x1

Shavynra the Slayer x1

Storm Giant x1

The Spiders of Emrith Kul x1

Krateryx, Shadow Dragon x1

Rune Wights x1

Arakoth the Ancient x1

Option: Elemental Scions x1

Encounter at Gallowgard x1

Bust Collection x1

The Dwarf King's Crypt x1

Dungeon Dwellers x1

Encounter at Mandupar Pass x1

Pirate Ship x1

Bones 5 Learn to Paint Kit x1

Ildraedis the Devourer x1

Song of the Sirens x2

Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen x1

Encounter: Shadows of Ravenhome x1

Demonic Temptation Option x1

Yog-Sothoth x1

Kalanzar the Wicked x1

Brinewind Extras Option x1

Opton: Kaiju Chaos x1

Henchmen and Hirelings Option x1

Daimyo Expansion x1

Greek Odyssey Expansion x1

Dark Depths Expansion x1

Brinewind Expansion x1

Base Boss 1" Round RPG Bases x1

Base Boss 2" Round RPG Base x1

Base Boss 3" Round RPG Base x1

Chronoscope Expansion x1

New MSP Paint Colors x1

MSP: Foerster's Favorites x1

Fan Favorites x1

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

Welcome! As a fair warning, I think we all say things like, "set for life" after our first Bones Kickstarter. Doesn't stop us from backing the next one.

I've painted at least the equivalent of a full one... over my 3+ soon to be 4+

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

and they looks so good when your done painting them all*  , although it may just be me. 

1155888253_groupshot.thumb.jpg.d4b525a87d5cd9956909bce2c3061711.jpg

*expansion sets and extra dragons not included, cause Im still working on them.  

An inspiration to us all!

The Auld Grump - we have... a couple of stuffed drawers... and paint only when we need when we are painting. (Mostly.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
20 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

Welcome! As a fair warning, I think we all say things like, "set for life" after our first Bones Kickstarter. Doesn't stop us from backing the next one.

Oh im sure ill back the next one. Now Im just trying to get the boyfriend into painting so he can help. (Got the learn to paint kit just for that reason)1 Lol.

• Like 5