ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

Finally pulled the trigger on what was in my cart, after the funeral yesterday I needed to get my mind off of things and finish up this business. Here's what I added to my initial order:

Power Up: Full Moon Fever Option x1
Power Up: Rocky Brush Holder Option x1
Power Up: Hippocampus Figurehead Option x1
Power Up: Reaper Figurehead Option x1
Disapproving Hand Spell Effect x2
Extra Murkillor x1
Power Up: Henchwomen Option x1
Valfuryx the Vile x1
Dragon Folk x1
Catapult x1
Fire Giant Hellbringer x1
Aganzarax x1
Troll Bridge Encounter x1
Ballista x1
Trebuchet x1
Shavynra the Slayer x1
Krateryx, Shadow Dragon x1
Encounter at Gallowgard x1
Ildraedis the Devourer x1
Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen x1
Encounter: Shadows of Ravenhome x1
Demonic Temptation Option x1
Kalanzar the Wicked x1
Brinewind Extras Option x1
Opton: Kaiju Chaos x1
Henchmen and Hirelings Option x1

On 7/13/2020 at 5:22 PM, Fnordlover said:

Welcome! As a fair warning, I think we all say things like, "set for life" after our first Bones Kickstarter. Doesn't stop us from backing the next one.

I have no idea what you're talking about, you're crazy. :mellow:

*looks at the boxes from Bones 3 and 4 stored away, checks order for Bones 5* :ph34r:

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

Finalized my pledge and decided to only do two ships; I feel like my self control is getting better in that my original pledge was $600 and never changed and then only just changed another $94 which includes the shipping. Sitting amongst my piles of Bones 1-4 and various other Kickstarters littering the floor of my bonus room helped me maintain my self control. 

Hippocampus Figurehead

Reaper Figurehead

Core set

Mounted wraiths (extra)

Wall of thorns (extra)

Demonic legion

Beastmen

Valfuryx

Dragonfolk

Catapult x2

Fire Giant Hellbringer

Aganzarax

Ballista x2

Goroloth

Trebuchet

Shavynra

Storm Giant

Arakoth

Pirate ship x2

Yog-Sothoth

Kalanzar

Brinewind extras

Greek Odyssey

Fan Favorites 

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Now that more time as passed and we are nearing the end of the PM, I am wondering which things people are ordering duplicates of and why.

For instance, I see the most recent posts have duplicates of the disapproving hand, pirate ship, ballista, and catapult. Why not the trebuchet too? Also, why not other spell effects?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Talae said:

Now that more time as passed and we are nearing the end of the PM, I am wondering which things people are ordering duplicates of and why.

Well, I'm looking at doubles for the Overgourd, the wraith riders, Halloween Knight & All Hallow's Eve, and maybe a couple others.  Mostly they're things that I just really want to paint in different ways.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Talae said:

Most of my duplicates are for gaming purpose., Mostly so I can make 8-12 figure units.

1) Dark Depths Expansion x2  (So I can make units of the Merfolk, Slithe, Merrow, and Brine Goblins.  Things like the Jelly fish will be nice to deploy in pairs as well.)

2) Dungeon Dwellers Expansion  x2   (So I can make units of the Orcs, Goblins, Wolf Riders,  and Kobolds                                

3) Dwarf King Crypt X2  (Mainly for the pair of statues, and perhaps some of the other terrain bits, as well as a unit of Dwarves and Zombie Dwarves)

4) Catapult  (Because I can see times where I would want two in a game) 

While I'm not technically ordering two of any of these Extra Sets, I am ordering single extra sets to go with the ones that I'm already getting in the Core set. So technically I'm getting two of each set for unit building.

5) Catfolk  

6) Boulderkin

7) Zombies

8) Elves                                                   

And speaking of catapults, was anything ever said again about the possibility of them making crews to go with them?  I remember it was brought up very early in the post Kickstarter days...

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 9

I've ordered duplicates of each siege engine, and also the dwarf king's crypt, so I can field an extra statue and have more zombie dwarves. I'm also adding on the zombies set so I get duplicates of those.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Talae said:

For instance, I see the most recent posts have duplicates of the disapproving hand, pirate ship, ballista, and catapult. Why not the trebuchet too? Also, why not other spell effects?

I have duplicates of all the dragons, dragon bust, spell effects, the giant awesome spider, goroloth and the core set. There was so much stuff in the core set that I wanted more of for Pathfinder encounters that it worked out cheaper getting a second box. I couldn't decide what colour I wanted the dragons to be, so I figured one chromatic and one metallic for each dragon was the way to go.

Valfuryx- green and brass

Agansarax- black and bronze

Shauna - blue and copper

Iildreadis-white and silver

Kalanzar- red and gold

Oh, and since he's a shadow dragon....Krayteryx- solid inky and one transitioning from smoke to solid

• Like 7

8 hours ago, strawhat said:

Well, I'm looking at doubles for the Overgourd, the wraith riders, Halloween Knight & All Hallow's Eve, and maybe a couple others.  Mostly they're things that I just really want to paint in different ways.

As Chris Palmer stated, I’m mostly picking up stuff for my dnd gaming at this point. Three wraith riders wasn’t enough in the course pledge to satisfy my perceived need. I have the Halloween knight and All Hallows’ eve figs in Metal from ReaperCon so extra of those aren’t a need, for instance. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Talae said:

I doubled up on Petey, because I want to paint them up as concrete statues (one of them will be damaged) on either side of the entrance to a post-apocalyptic restaurant that will be the start of a "dungeon" for my players to explore. I doubled up on Brinewind because I think I'll enjoy painting everything in the set except the Sons of Barty and the critterfolk. I doubled up on the Brinewind extras because I fell hard for Brinewind and there are a lot of interesting and useful bits in it. I doubled up on Chronoscope because they put together a good Chronoscope collection for Bones 5 and should be encouraged to do more of that in the future, also, nightgaunts (Tickle, tickle). 

I'm considering doubling up on Gallowgard (because I think I might want to make a permanent display piece and definitely want one to use on the table), Krateryx (because my plans involve hollowing him out and shoving a light in his head, which may result in a need for a backup), and if the PM goes on too long maybe the core set (because it is chock full of so much good stuff)

I ordered one catapult and one balista. I don't think the trebuchet looks very good, I can't put my finger on why, but it doesn't work for me. I'm not trying to fill out a large army, so couldn't think of any justification to get multiple catapults or balistas.

• Like 6

I've gotten duplicate for either painting variations or gaming, and i always buy 2 sets of the new paints.  I dont currently play a character who uses the wall effects, but when I do I'll probably regret not getting more.

Extra Walls of Stone x2

Extra Walls of Thorns x2

Rune Wights x2

Extra Overgourd x2

Extra Halloween x2

New MSP Paint Colors x2

Disapproving Hand Spell Effect x2

• Like 6

On 7/20/2020 at 2:09 PM, Talae said:

No duplicate for me. There is so much other fun stuff the I could be getting instead of a duplicate (and I try to keep to a budget). But if I had the budget for duplicates it would probably be civilians, dragons or an expansion/encounter.

• Like 7

i rarely buy duplicates, but sometimes i will

for this Kickstarter, i'm getting 2 gem dragons. because i want a sapphire one, and a amethyst/ruby one. Last kickstarter i got 2 of the beasts pack to get 2 griffons because i had 2 tropical griffon designs i wanted to paint up on them

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i rarely buy duplicates, but sometimes i will

for this Kickstarter, i'm getting 2 gem dragons. because i want a sapphire one, and a amethyst/ruby one. Last kickstarter i got 2 of the beasts pack to get 2 griffons because i had 2 tropical griffon designs i wanted to paint up on them

Have you done the tropical griffons yet? I'm curious to see them.

• Like 3

I normally don't do duplicates.

And when I do, I try to convert them to look different.

Didn't get dupes this time.

• Like 3