ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

The DDS2 dragon in Bones Black would be epic though...  Sure would solve the drunken dragon kisses the ground or awkwardly hugs the castle issue!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

On 9/4/2020 at 8:53 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

The DDS2 dragon in Bones Black would be epic though...  Sure would solve the drunken dragon kisses the ground or awkwardly hugs the castle issue!

I haven't had any such issues with mine... I wonder why.

• Like 5

On 9/3/2020 at 10:21 AM, Chris Palmer said:

So I went back and checked the photo I posted from FB a couple weeks ago.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/89441-reaper-bones-5-enthusiasm-and-commentary-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1961952

It turns out it's not a hat...but I'm not sure what it is... just a bump on the crate or a casting error?  

I'm guessing it's a wedge of support material, but that's the kind of thing I expect the caster to add, not the sculptor. 

On 9/4/2020 at 1:28 AM, StarFyre said:

question for people. Each bones kickstarter was around summer/fall.  Skips a year, then ships the following year and the new kickstarter begins that following summer/fall.    does that mean we will still expect fullfillment next year and bones 6 campaign end of next year?

Maybe? Soon? Who knows? So much is up in the air this year.  I expect fulfillment more or less on time next year.  No idea on B6, I'm sure a lot depends on how 5 winds up and what things look like next year. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I haven't had any such issues with mine... I wonder why.

Mine developed a semi-prominent lean. Nothing that can't be easily fixed by pinning the tail down I'd suspect... 

• Like 4

I need December to get here because Dungeon Dwellers is starting to draw my attention. For now at least it's easy to resist, but once I get back to work, well, I'm weak.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

I need December to get here because Dungeon Dwellers is starting to draw my attention. For now at least it's easy to resist, but once I get back to work, well, I'm weak.

You’re in the wrong place if you’re looking for supportive strength 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

42 minutes ago, Adrift said:

You’re in the wrong place if you’re looking for supportive strength 

I absolutely realize that. I'm counting on folks here to be a bad influence. I expect suggestive strength is more forthcoming.

Edited by Fnordlover
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

I absolutely realize that. I'm counting on folks here to be a bad influence. I expect suggestive strength is more forthcoming.

Well, since you asked for it :ph34r:

The minis are gorgeous, there's loads of them, they'll cost waaaay more in retail and speaking of retail......there's no guarantee that they'll even be available for sale to the general public a year after the kickstarter is delivered. I'm still waiting on the snake people from 4 to be released, after all. 

Edited by Kuroneko
Autocorrect is a harsh mistress
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Well, since you asked for it :ph34r:

The minis are gorgeous, there's loads of them, they'll cost waaaay more in retail and speaking of retail......there's no guarantee that they'll even be available for sale to the general public a year after the kickstarter is delivered. I'm still waiting on the snake people from 4 to be released, after all. 

Hell, im still waiting for the weapons sprues from Bones 3:(

• Sad 5

5 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

Two words: Plague Doctors!

Also: Wolf Riders

And: Owl bear!  Yes, this should only be one word...

• Like 9

They had me at plague doctors, and worg-riders. Then they added a troll, ogre, succubus, and awesome dragon. 

Legit, this expansion is almost tailor-made to run the first two modules of the 3.0 adventure path (Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury, both of which were updated to 5e in Tales from the Yawning Portal).

• Like 9

I like Dungeon Dwellers so much, I'm getting two of them! ::P:

That gives me:

A 10-figure unit of Orcs.

A 12-figure unit of Goblins.

A 12 figure unit of Kobolds.

A 4-figure troop of Warg riders.

A 4-figure squad of Plague Doctors.

Then, some monsters I'll keep as pairs, and others, along with the double PCs, I'll sell off to defray the cost.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 9

43 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I like Dungeon Dwellers so much, I'm getting two of them! ::P:

That gives me:

A 10-figure unit of Orcs.

A 12-figure unit of Goblins.

A 12 figure unit of Kobolds.

A 4-figure troop of Warg riders.

A 4-figure squad of Plague Doctors.

Then, some monsters I'll keep as pairs, and others, along with the double PCs, I'll sell off to defray the cost.

If I didn't have the entire line already, I would have jumped on the Bones box of them. Last time at the Boneyward, I grabbed at least 2 each of the humanoid figures as they are cool sculpts + hey gotta have lots when using them as monsters!

It's a good line.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

That gives me:

A 10-figure unit of Orcs. (@$30 retail)

A 12-figure unit of Goblins. (@$20 retail)

A 12 figure unit of Kobolds. (@$10 retail)

A 4-figure troop of Warg riders. (@$20 retail)

A 4-figure squad of Plague Doctors. (@14 retail)

So,  just for my own curiosity I added in an approximate retail value based on the current cost for similar figures (see above), and that give me around a  $94 retail cost for just those; then with the other monsters and PCs I'm getting and those I can sell off, I think it is a very good value.

2 minutes ago, haldir said:

If I didn't have the entire line already, I would have jumped on the Bones box of them. Last time at the Boneyward, I grabbed at least 2 each of the humanoid figures as they are cool sculpts + hey gotta have lots when using them as monsters!

It's a good line.

I agree on all points! 

• Like 5