Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

41 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

A few updates (or lack of updates) from tonight's Reaper Live.

1. Reaper submitted the final numbers to the factory today.  So it is imperative you close out your initial pledges.  You can always make more orders up until December 1st, but run the risk of them running out and not being able to fulfill what you ordered closer to Dec 1st.  (In which case they will either substitute, or provide you with a Reaper gift certificate for the eventual MSRP for when the model is released to retail).

I hope more people are made aware of this.  Ed said "a reasonable percentage" of people have not closed their pledges and they are just guessing what people are going to want.... if they run out during fulfillment people who closed late may have to wait months to get their order. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I hope more people are made aware of this.  Ed said "a reasonable percentage" of people have not closed their pledges and they are just guessing what people are going to want.... if they run out during fulfillment people who closed late may have to wait months to get their order. 

It’s ironic that they’d suddenly apply all this pressure while still updating and improving the pledge manager to entice people to spend more money :wacko:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Adrift said:

It’s ironic that they’d suddenly apply all this pressure while still updating and improving the pledge manager to entice people to spend more money :wacko:

I mean, it’s not exactly sudden. They’ve been warning this was coming at least all summer long. 

Sure, more pictures are always nice, but the only thing we’re really still waiting on is the Glow-in-the-Dark ship to be made available for purchase. 

(Yes, yes, always best to remove any work to make it the absolute easiest for a customer to give you their money... But the people refusing to lock in their pledges until there’s pictures of everything in the PM are simply being obstinate, IMO. If they get burned... well, they were warned.)

• Like 5

I just hope that the people in later waves don't get Boned (ha) by people who didn't bother to lock in their initial pledge until the last minute. I'd hate if I didn't get something after locking things in early and adding to it just because somebody couldn't be bothered. Surely Reaper will take such things into consideration (crossed fingers, toes, and other crossable appendages.)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fnordlover said:

I just hope that the people in later waves don't get Boned (ha) by people who didn't bother to lock in their initial pledge until the last minute. I'd hate if I didn't get something after locking things in early and adding to it just because somebody couldn't be bothered. Surely Reaper will take such things into consideration (crossed fingers, toes, and other crossable appendages.)

My orders page in the PM has dates for each one of my orders. So Reaper should at least have the info needed to do it “right.”

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

In which case they will either substitute, or provide you with a Reaper gift certificate for the eventual MSRP for when the model is released to retail).

Subbing product?  ...That's a great way to get those on the fence to not give you more money.. ....Or, y'know, people who've had life stuff happen as well as work screw around with their paycheques, making them scramble to make sure all ends are met.  Saying "it closes Dec 1st, so get your orders in" and "we reserve the right to drop whatever we want in there if you add it in the last two months" are two very, VERY different things. 

Still waiting on those bases they kept swearing would be added to the pledge manager - same thing with comment from them about all the questions many have had about acquiring more of the various types of bases that are currently made, and not just the RPG bases.

Substitution talk has me debating whether I'm adding anything else to my pledge, or if I'll leave it as one of the smallest packs someone will have to pick and just put hobby money for the next two months towards other things. 

• Like 4

I was happy about the December end date because I only get paid a few times a year and should have money by then. I still want to add a couple hundred bucks but can't at the moment. Just cut a bunch of things from my wish list and may cut a bunch more if I have to finalize right away. Be nice if they mention something about this in the email updates because I don't follow Reaper Live.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

A few updates (or lack of updates) from tonight's Reaper Live.

2. I asked about the Brexit/EU Hub situation, mentioning people were waiting for an update/confirmation of a German hub, and Dave gave this response in the chat:

995810872_ScreenShot2020-09-24at6_24_35PM.png.c72392d15a781a4f46eca0bb1054a811.png

Thanks for asking.

I'm not really happy with that though, everybody knows Brexit will happen and normal customs between UK and EU will stop, end 2020.

Since Reaper delivers in 2021 they should think of a contingency plan to deliver to the EU.

Preferably from a EU hub instead of the UK since it will be no different than a USA hub by then.

Oh well..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Zink said:

I was happy about the December end date because I only get paid a few times a year and should have money by then. I still want to add a couple hundred bucks but can't at the moment. Just cut a bunch of things from my wish list and may cut a bunch more if I have to finalize right away. Be nice if they mention something about this in the email updates because I don't follow Reaper Live.

I stopped watching ReaperLive a long time ago and exclusive announcements aren’t the way to get me to watch it. 

If they want people to finalize soon then why have the 12/1 close date on the PM in the first place? If it was suddenly going to be an issue, bump the close date up so that product isn’t subbed or IOUs given out. Mass blast emails, social media and a quick KS update to say as much. People might not be thrilled, but at least they’re getting the communication and are aware of the reasons why. 

Brexit has been a WIP for years; this has been a well-known pending issue.

Many projects I’ve backed have been experiencing delays because of shipping issues and the global state of differing CoVid-19 restrictions, etc. I’ve actually cooled off my KS backing and funding as a result of having so many projects falling into this limbo. 

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adrift said:

I stopped watching ReaperLive a long time ago and exclusive announcements aren’t the way to get me to watch it. 

If they want people to finalize soon then why have the 12/1 close date on the PM in the first place? If it was suddenly going to be an issue, bump the close date up so that product isn’t subbed or IOUs given out. Mass blast emails, social media and a quick KS update to say as much. People might not be thrilled, but at least they’re getting the communication and are aware of the reasons why. 

Brexit has been a WIP for years; this has been a well-known pending issue.

Many projects I’ve backed have been experiencing delays because of shipping issues and the global state of differing CoVid-19 restrictions, etc. I’ve actually cooled off my KS backing and funding as a result of having so many projects falling into this limbo. 

Exactly, WHY keep the PM open till 12/1, if some people will NOT get what they order and have to wait LONGER to get it when retail hits? That could be a whole year longer (or more). I was going to order chronoscope and daiymo expansions if funds came available by 12/1, BUT now I may not. I think I may stop kicking a dead horse and just let it alone seeing as our many requests to have MORE information here NOT less goes on deaf ears. Might just put my money to use somewhere else?? Don't get me wrong, I love reaper, but they need to stop shooting themselves in the foot and get SOMEONE to communicate better, as others said, REAPERLIVE and facebook need to stop being the first line, most of use like this line of communication.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 9/23/2020 at 3:21 PM, Glitterwolf said:

With the Brexit coming it could mean paying VAT twice?

Bearing in mind that I do not work at Reaper HQ and thus have no insider knowledge of the particular peculiars of shipping from the main US hub to the UK hub, I'm not sure how you would get a situation where you would have to pay VAT twice.  If it goes to the UK hub and then gets shipped to you as the rules currently stand, then you would pay VAT or not depending on local trade agreements in place.  If it goes to the UK hub and then to you with altered rules, then you would still only pay VAT upon entry to your country if your country is a VAT applicable state.  If it went to an EU hub, and you are in a VAT or VAT zone, then you would pay VAT.  In all of these scenarios, you only pay the VAT once.  If this were not the case, then any time I (in a VAT country) bought something that transited through a hub in a second country (for clarification, let's say also a VAT country) then I would pay VAT twice or more - but this situation has never arisen, I only pay once upon entry into my country.   

There may be some peculiar local rules for your zone I am not aware of, but if you can more precisely refine how you think a situation might arise for double VAT then it would be easier to get you a specific answer for your concern.  

• Like 3

My understanding is they want folks to close their huge core/base pledges asap so production can start.  If you want to add another $20 to it later, they'll be ordering extras to cover that.  They may not be able to cover your $700 worth of expansion sets if they don't find out until December, after the numbers have gone to manufacturing. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Inarah said:

My understanding is they want folks to close their huge core/base pledges asap so production can start.  If you want to add another $20 to it later, they'll be ordering extras to cover that.  They may not be able to cover your $700 worth of expansion sets if they don't find out until December, after the numbers have gone to manufacturing. 

Then they should close the PM now so everyone gets what they ordered, not keep it open till 12/1 and come april 2021 say, OH sorry, we don't have that available, here's a GC so you can get it in another year to 18 months. I am sorry, I have worked in retail/wholesale for almost 4 decades, and this just seems like a bad way to go.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2