Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

Just now, NyarlaBcn said:

Is it finite though? Always assumed - talking without having any real clue about how this works - that Reaper Bones KS exceed by far any budget issue they could have. 

I don't have any inside information, but Ed and Dave take the accounting and finance side of the business very seriously. They can't know how much money the campaign will raise ahead of time, but I would bet heavily on the idea that the cost of producing each stretch goal has been carefully factored into where those goals fall on the map.

Said another way, the budget is definitely dependent on how much money is raised, but for a given dollar amount X raised, I am pretty sure that there is a pre-determined sculpting budget Y which determines how much new stuff can be produced.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I tend to agree on the bases. Wile *I* have a literal drawer-full of bases that I can pull from for each new project, most newer hobbyists will not. 

I could likely go 3-4 more kickstarters without needing another 1" RPG base.    Shortly after they were released to retail, Reaper had a bulk deal on their webstore that was something like 1000 for $20-30, and I bought it. I think it was supposed to be there for retailers/other manufacturers, but somehow slipped onto the regular retail website. 

Anyway, even though I have more than enough bases, I still like bases in the core set. I wouldn't cry if they were eliminated, but I also appreciate that they're included. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Crowley said:
24 minutes ago, rubegon said:

EDIT:  Whats a goroloth, btw?  Is that the catfish looking thing from an earlier KS?  I think I got something called that at Reapercon.

Goroloth is Reaper's Aboleth type monster. This is a resculpt of a previously released figure that's designed to fit on a 3" base to work with D&D5e

So I'm guessing a different Goroloth from Bones 2 I hope! 

AC4508CA-02F0-4B36-8F13-E9F1F2054177.jpeg

• Like 3

Are we sure the ninjas aren't already there? They're pretty good at hiding...

As for existing sculpt vs. all new, every Bones KS has utilized existing sculpts in addition to new, so this is not unusual.

Edited by DocPiske
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

My main issue about Daimyos expansion now you mention it is a certain lack of commitement. 

Some of you mentioned ninjas: well, that's it. How do you make a japanese inspired expansion without Ninja? Would like it a lot more if it was really cohesive: some warriors, some samurai, some ninja; feudal lord, a monk, etc... and then, classic monsters: Oni, Tengu, Pelanganan (its based on a japanese creature, can't remember its name), a Kapa, several classic Yokai... 

Here its a bit of everything and a whole bunch of nothing.

• Like 4