Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot has changed for the mini market since Bones 1.  I also think a lot of the progress we have seen in this market is due to Reaper.  It was only after they started making things bigger and better that the other miniature companies saw there was money in it.  Now it seems like there are many more miniature companies as well as people buying minis.  In short Reaper is definitely focusing on new blood this time around, but I am not sure that is a bad thing.  I just hope they don't forget to entice the people who have been collecting for a while and also continue to push the bar by making unique minis that are not being offered else ware.

Also if they put elfing dinos in the Greek Mythology expansion   :grr:

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

They need Ninjas though...

Maybe they are there but we can't see them.

28 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

So I'm guessing a different Goroloth from Bones 2 I hope! 

AC4508CA-02F0-4B36-8F13-E9F1F2054177.jpeg

The new one is based on a similar concept to that one, but the pose is quite different and I reinterpreted a lot of the features.  Tentacles are more true to the concept, eyes are different, it is armored like a spiny lobster, etc...  Other things are similar.  Same family, but a different species.

21 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Is the new Goroloth bigger or smaller? 

Hard to say.  I gave them 2 versions, one for a 3" base and one for a 2" base.  I think they are planning on going with the 3" one, if so, the whole is about 5" long, but due to the more vertical pose, it fits on a 3" base.  I can't wait for you all to see it!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 13

Just now, TaleSpinner said:

Hard to say.  I gave them 2 versions, one for a 3" base and one for a 2" base.  I think they are planning on going with the 3" one, if so, the whole is about 5" long, but due to the more vertical pose, it fits on a 3" base.  I can't wait for you all to see it!

I hope they do both... I could use some smaller versions too. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

If they were going to do that, I'd rather repose the smaller one so that they are not exactly the same.

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Hey, I used that exact web page when doing my research!

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Piata said:

I'm going to mirror other people's comments... DD is perfect if you're just starting out and want a collection of heroes and monsters. If I didn't back Bones IV I would likely be picking that up.

Right now, I'm in for:

• the core (always an amazing value) ($120)
  • the paint set (again, value) ($18)
  • the dragonborn set ($10)
  • maybe one of the big dragons ($14)

So I'm already looking at $162. Reaper is very good at extracting money from me.

It also looks like a perfect gift for a starting GM.

I may add a second for just that purpose, though I don't know if we can hold on to it long enough for BD to run her first dungeon!

Grump put together a starter GM box of Bones for Sam, and Chris did the same thing for Becca. BD is MY turn! ::P:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:
8 minutes ago, Crowley said:

If they were going to do that, I'd rather repose the smaller one so that they are not exactly the same.

Works for me!! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JDizzO said:

I love the dinosaurs, but i would rather them not as part of the expansions, feels like they are taking space from something cool in the Daimyo Expansion and until i looked at it again after your comment i wasn't interested in it, but now its like its a cool expansion except for 6 minis that seem unusable.

• Like 1

Just now, frickdog said:
15 minutes ago, JDizzO said:

I love the dinosaurs, but i would rather them not as part of the expansions, feels like they are taking space from something cool in the Daimyo Expansion and until i looked at it again after your comment i wasn't interested in it, but now its like its a cool expansion except for 6 minis that seem unusable.

How are dinosaur samurai any more unusable than hobgoblin or elemental or or undead or succubus samurai? 

• Like 5

Just now, Mcat said:

In the pre-launch thread (https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86871-pre-launch-bones-5-excitement-thread/), these guys are featured. Any guess if they're going to actually make it in or what they would be called?
0B9DE8B5-3382-461F-BBE5-30A70F9FEE8F.jpeg

bronze golems. not sure when.  at reapercon the resin print versions were used for a painting class.

been searching for any on ebay but no one has sold theirs :(

SAnjay

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mcat said:

In the pre-launch thread (https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86871-pre-launch-bones-5-excitement-thread/), these guys are featured. Any guess if they're going to actually make it in or what they would be called?
0B9DE8B5-3382-461F-BBE5-30A70F9FEE8F.jpeg

Just a guess, but I'd say bronze Golems, possibly in a Greek set?

• Like 6