Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

...And the list of shut-offs keeps growing. 

* Brinewind Extras 
* Demonic Temptation 
* Encounter at The Dwarf King's Crypt
* Henchmen and Hirelings 
* Power Up Dragonslayers 
* Power Up Henchwomen 
* Dragon Folk 
* Rune Wights 
* Yokai

I guess we know what mini's will not be on Reaper store after fulfillment:) Makes me wonder if there will be much (if anything) available. Maybe that's how they planned it and why PM is still open (less to sit in their warehouse?). Very Clever.

• Like 6

I talked myself into another order, adding things I don’t really need, or wasn’t originally planning on getting, but the value was crazy good, or I realized it might end up being useful, and there’s no better time than now to get it. 

• Power Up: Disapproving Hand Spell Effect x1
  • Power Up: Beastmen Option x1
  • Option: Hammerfist Catapult x1
  • Option: Dragon Bust x1
  • Option: War Mammoth x1
  • Option: Fantasy Dinos/Reptaur Adventurers x1
  • Option: Storm Giant x1
  • Option: Elemental Scions x1
  • Option: Encounter at Mandupar Pass x1
  • Expansion: Dark Depths x1

I got a second copy of Dark Depths due to the insane value they packed into that expansion. I’ll now have a little army of not-Sahaugin, as well as Merfolk. A second Eye of the Deep was a heavy swayer as well. I also have two pirate ships, so we’re definitely going to be playing some sea-based campaigns in the future. 

Talked myself into Mandupar Pass, because I can slightly mod the yeti’s (get rid of the top point in their hair), and paint them up as Bar-Lgura, which is a D&D monster that hasn’t gotten much love in official mini form. And the way the terrain set has been cut for molding, it should be quite useful. The stairs are a separate part; I’ll set them up to attach via magnets. I might be able to do a similar thing with the yeti face, and make a separate façade out of green stuff, which I can switch out with magnets. 

I hate the fish-headed Marid (and I got entirely too many of them in my case of the recent Fangs & Talons D&D set), but I like the other two elemental scions. Again, cheaper and easier to get them in the KS; the genies are all going to be sold together as a single pack at retail anyway.

The extra set of Dino men are for my dinosaur-obsessed kid. The rest of it is just filling out my “eh, it’d be nice to get another copy, if I can” list. Better get them while the gettin’ is good. There were a few things I missed out on getting some extra copies of, with them having been turned off earlier this week (not a great loss; I already had my bare minimum numbers purchased), so I figured I’d best get these other things bought now. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I guess we know what mini's will not be on Reaper store after fulfillment:) Makes me wonder if there will be much (if anything) available. Maybe that's how they planned it and why PM is still open (less to sit in their warehouse?). Very Clever.

Either that or they have a number set aside for retail.  Most likely, as they trickle the KS releases into retail over the course of a year (or longer), they will just release the out of stock figures later in the cycle to allow restocking time.

ETA:  I also added to my order a couple of days ago; I am now getting just about one of everything (with a few exceptions) and a couple of dupes.  Still can't talk myself into the GITD Pirate Ship.  Don't think I'll use it and it would take up way too much space.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Adrift said:

Are the “shut-offs” cut offs and permanent or are they off bc of the previously mentioned glitch?

2 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

They sold out of what they ordered.

And to answer the first part of your question,  these shut-offs are permanent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Give me the old 2e/3e/Pathfinder design. Hate the fish guy. 

Marid_Dao.jpg

The fire scion is a pretty good efreet. The earth scion looks nothing like a Dao (see above), but it’s an interesting sculpt that could easily be used as something else (fiendish Giant of some type).  But the 5e fish man Marid design is just terrible, IMO. He is why I was holding off getting the elemental scions until just now. 

To each their own. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

.the fish one is the only one I liked haha. So i am waiting for retail for him

Did you not hear that the four elemental scions (the $12 trio, plus the air scion from Fan Favorites) are going to be bundled together for retail? If you are only interested in the fish-headed Marid, the $12 KS add on is by far your best and most economical means of getting him. 

(Not withstanding a box of good will pick-up, or the like.)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Did you not hear that the four elemental scions (the $12 trio, plus the air scion from Fan Favorites) are going to be bundled together for retail? If you are only interested in the fish-headed Marid, the $12 KS add on is by far your best and most economical means of getting him. 

(Not withstanding a box of good will pick-up, or the like.)

Oh. Oh well. Don't feel like it is worth $12 to me so I just won't get him then. He looked fun to paint, I don't actually game with Minis so what they are supposed to look like isn't as big a deal breaker for me 

I haven't participated in a box of goodwill for many years now 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 2