Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/12/2020 at 2:52 PM, bojesphob said:

I initially didn't want the Storm Giant. I have no real need for it, and it doesn't fit with my Dragons, Pirates, Dinosaurs and Lovecraftian mythos theme of my miniatures, but once I saw the actual mini I couldn't help but get it. I can't wait to paint it :)

Just give him a eye patch  & a big hat & he'll fit right in!! ^_^

6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Either that or they have a number set aside for retail.  Most likely, as they trickle the KS releases into retail over the course of a year (or longer), they will just release the out of stock figures later in the cycle to allow restocking time.

ETA:  I also added to my order a couple of days ago; I am now getting just about one of everything (with a few exceptions) and a couple of dupes.  Still can't talk myself into the GITD Pirate Ship.  Don't think I'll use it and it would take up way too much space.

Yah there never was any temptation for that version. The pirate ship itself was the 2nd thing into my cart in my initial pledge thou. The first was the Core set.  It might be cause, I don't play my weekly games in the dark (thou we were close, as I finally installed the LED shop light above the table last week.....^_^), I've got the unpainted version of the Falling Star & if I need even more ships I can always print something. GitD is gimmicky to me. When they first announced it, I was like eh, kinda like the new Chessex Lab sets. Some of them have GitD features but are really cool to see in the daylight.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StarFyre said:

do people know if we update our shipping address now, will that mess up our estimate shipping date/phase?

sanjay

I would say you'd probably want to have it updated with them by the time they started shipping stuff. As long as you do it before then, you should be fine. If you need to change closer to the actual ship date, I would imagine your best bet at that point would be to contact Reaper directly, as they may still be able to do something for you.

Are we REALLY virtually half way through December? With how quick this year went, we'll be getting our boxes of stuff before it feels like 2020 should be over!

• Like 4

thanks. will update. normally, i ship to a friends rented storage box in buffalo for cheaper shipping and whenever friend drives across border from canada, picks up all our stuff there. BUT no idea when USA border will b open and if it doesnt open for general travel by march-may, id rather have it shipped to Toronto and pay a bit more to get it sooner.

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 3

Just made my final, final, order*, as seeing the ever-growing list of missing sets made me want to go take a last look in a "get them before they're all gone" kind of mentality.

Ended up adding another set of the Constructs because the Stained Glass Knight just seems like an encounter that should happen in a pair.  Also, the Shadow Dragon. I'm not a big dragon person, but I thought playing with the translucent effect would be fun.  Lastly, I added the Mandupar Pass.  I was always hesitant to get this set, becuase I was worried that the giant yeti temple face was just a facade, and not really a functional play space from the back.  I didn't realize until I looked at the PM listing today that they had posted pictures of the backside, showing it does have structure and detail, and could be used on the game table as a realistic free-standing piece of terrain.

* To be followed at a latter date by my "final, final, final", order and most likely my "final, final, final, final" :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

thanks. will update. normally, i ship to a friends rented storage box in buffalo for cheaping shipping and whenever friend drives across border from canada, picks up all our stuff there. BUT no idea when USA border will b open and if it doesnt open for general travel by march-may, id rather have it shipped to Toronto and pay a bit more to get it sooner.

Sanjay

As a heads up, in previous PM's you have had to email Reaper to have your country changed because they have to change a few things in the background as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Last Fridays Bones 5 live is up on YouTube! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDsX7zI_V64

It might've been shown before, but this was my first time seeing how large some of the minis actually were. Not talking about the giants or such, but I expected the gem dragon and the catoblepas to be much smaller! I'm not disappointed! ;)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Last Fridays Bones 5 live is up on YouTube! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDsX7zI_V64

Not sure if you can answer this, Jon, but do you know how the anchor on the ship compares in size to the anchor in the Brinewind expansion? I was thinking about doing some modifications on one of my ships and making the anchor on one of my ships have the skeleton from the expansion replacing it. Do you think this would be feasible? Since part of the brinewind anchor is covered by the base, I wouldn't probably be able to replace the whole thing, but the shaft and eye for the rope I could if the sizes line up. If you can't answer that easily, that's ok, I'll find out when it all arrives, but was curious :)

• Like 3

• Super Administrators
14 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

Not sure if you can answer this, Jon, but do you know how the anchor on the ship compares in size to the anchor in the Brinewind expansion? I was thinking about doing some modifications on one of my ships and making the anchor on one of my ships have the skeleton from the expansion replacing it. Do you think this would be feasible? Since part of the brinewind anchor is covered by the base, I wouldn't probably be able to replace the whole thing, but the shaft and eye for the rope I could if the sizes line up. If you can't answer that easily, that's ok, I'll find out when it all arrives, but was curious :)

I will have to check when im in the studio again. probably tomorrow or wednesday.!

• Like 3

Added a few final items to my order.  Those extra bases I'd been talking about, as well as Daimyo and Greek.  Daimyo is for a friend who finally caved and pitched in for his favorite theme.  Greek is mostly for Medusa, the Cloud Giant, the Lion and the Harpies.  I'll likely try to sell off most of the rest as I don't really see a place for Greek-styled minis in my games.  And with that my order nears $1000 and I'm DONE.  No more.

Until next time...

• Like 5