Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

I saw the eye of the deep zbrush design in one of the early shots of it and had to have it.  Worth it just for that alone as its somewhat a rare monster.  There isn't an official mi I of it and this one looks quite good.  I think the catoblepas, eye of the deep and bronze golem are the highlights for me.

Sanjay

• Like 5

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

The weeping and gnashing of teeth in the KS comments and Update 111 comments is sad, but predictable. 

I get the frustration, but I feel like it was pretty clear that if you wanted to guarantee your selections they needed to be finalized by the 5th.  Anyways, came here to be thankful that there's not angry chaos in this thread.  I'm just excited to get my items in a few months.  So I can stare at them in person instead of digitally.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

The weeping and gnashing of teeth in the KS comments and Update 111 comments is sad, but predictable. 

In their defense, there was no mention in "the only place for official updates" (aka Kickstarter updates) about how things would be turned off when they announced the extending of the pledge manager in Update #109.

While it was briefly mentioned in update #110 about items possibly being turned off, it was also sandwiched between a bunch of photos, wasn't part of the header/title for the update and could very well have been easily missed due to being right near the bottom of the update.

• Like 2

I agree that Reaper didn’t do a good job of communicating this in Kickstarter updates. I’m pretty sure many people mentioned this to Reaper several times in this thread (their over-heavy reliance on Twitch, and failing to include those important tidbits in KS communications). So, yeah, some of the griping is a bit justified. But, Reaper did clearly state it in the Dec 4th update (though without emphasizing it adequately). Rather short notice, as far as official KS communication, though. 

• Like 3

Some things could be done better, just to make sure of things.  This also includes some of us minions going over to check and make sure everyone's up to speed, which I didn't do.  Sometimes it can be hard to know where an information gap might be if you have the info and think everyone has been given it.  It never even occured to me to go check in over there to be sure everyone was fully aware.  

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Guyra said:

Yeah. Some people are just terrible. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that the ones vociferously expressing their displeasure have a high correlation to the ones who effectively caused the shortage in the first place (the 1/4 of backers who refused to spend their initial KS funds, despite Reaper begging people to do so for the last 6 months). If they’d spent their KS funds earlier, Reaper would have had better data upon which to base their final production numbers. 

1 minute ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Some things could be done better, just to make sure of things.  This also includes some of us minions going over to check and make sure everyone's up to speed, which I didn't do.  Sometimes it can be hard to know where an information gap might be if you have the info and think everyone has been given it.  It never even occured to me to go check in over there to be sure everyone was fully aware.  

I know that I, and others, would often relay important bits of info into the KS comments. But that doesn’t solve the issue, because that only informs the small percentage of people who continue to check the KS comments after the campaign ends. 

The only way solve the issue is for Reaper to adequately address important bits of information in the updates that get e-mailed to every backer. You and I can’t fill that gap. 

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

I agree that Reaper didn’t do a good job of communicating this in Kickstarter updates. I’m pretty sure many people mentioned this to Reaper several times in this thread (their over-heavy reliance on Twitch, and failing to include those important tidbits in KS communications). So, yeah, some of the griping is a bit justified. But, Reaper did clearly state it in the Dec 4th update (though without emphasizing it adequately). Rather short notice, as far as official KS communication, though. 

Yes, many of us have been mentioning the need for a dedicated PR guy, but unfortunately that has gone nowhere. Oh, and it looks like just the GITD ship is left (as far as ships go)

• Like 2

They could've communicated the change better for sure, but they've improved media and communications a lot in the last two years too. I still think they need a dedicated PR/Communications person, but at least they've gotten better.

I did last minute decide on adding a ship. Uncle sent some holiday money so.... it went to a boat. I didn't need a boat, but then I thought of how cute my bearded dragon will be sitting on it pretending to wreck players. SO CUTE.

• Like 8