Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

On 12/30/2020 at 9:12 AM, PhantomAsh said:

Not too shabby, considering how frigging big some of those minis are!

That might be a bit of a pinch. :poke: Assuming you're doing the core + 1 or 2 expansions, that's a of 250 - 300 minis across 8 months, or a minimum of 30+ minis a month. That'd be pretty impressive if you do manage it! Though I'd maybe keep "a year since they arrived" or "before the next kickstarter arrives" in mind as alternatives... ::P:

My goal is to finish painting all my existing miniatures before the kickstarter arrives. Not as ambitious, but considering how slowly I'm going, I might be able to pull most of it off.

Good luck!

For me that would be impossible...I need a Potion of Immortality to be able to paint my current collection.

But I got everything under control...Prints minis while waiting for Bones V

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something i drew many many many years ago   seems fitting

I totally agree with you in that those particular exaggerations are not very realistic in function. This was a challenging character/figure to create because I wanted her to read as feminine but als

Posted Images

• Forum Mascot
2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

did they ever tell us who did the dragons? because i dont' remember hearing about it, but i also miss a lot of info

Edit:  The Company's name is Questron.  

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because I've sold lots of stuff to buy others my overall collection has shrunk  .  Also I sold a 6-7k lizardmen army when rumors stated no more major kizardmen models would be released for warhammer other than a few models.

I guess I could paint everything if I focused on it for a few years with several hours of work each week.  But getting new models etc would make that never happen.

Also I tier my collection, with different types/brands being models i would be willing to spend even 100s of hours on them and others I paint in like 2-3 hours max...

I'll have a big influx of models from bones 5 so the collection  will go up again hehe.

Sanjay

• Like 3

I know it's a big task to take on trying to paint them all in the single year, but it'll be a fun challenge tackling some monster groups or party all in the same weekend.  The killers are the big boys - dragons, giants, etc.  My goal (and i hope i can hold myself accountable) is trying to use this buy as a means to NOT buying more minis this year.  This will be my first bones, so i could be way off.  I'd like to think i could.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
9 hours ago, R2ED said:

My goal (and i hope i can hold myself accountable) is trying to use this buy as a means to NOT buying more minis this year.  This will be my first bones, so i could be way off.  I'd like to think i could.  

This is my first time actually getting in during the kickstarter.  I late backed 4, and just missed 3 (though I tracked down most of the things I wanted through re-sellers.)

I am also hoping I'll buy less this year, but based on my past track record...  I have a feeling I'll by *less* than I otherwise would, but definitely not spend less total.  It's a trap!

• Like 7
18 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Geez, the KS comments sections this last week or two has me thinking of a quote often misattributed to John Wayne...

Life’s hard...

Indeed.

I sympathize with those who were not able to get the sets they wanted, but the PM has been open for quite some time.

Reaper's doing it right, IMO, by shutting off the itemd.  It's rough, but the fairest method.

• Like 11
4 hours ago, strawhat said:

I sympathize with those who were not able to get the sets they wanted, but the PM has been open for quite some time.

Reaper's doing it right, IMO, by shutting off the itemd.  It's rough, but the fairest method.

Been feeling this way as well.  It seems like it was obvious to me, but hopefully next time they will learn from this and announce in big flashing letters "CLOSE YOUR PLEDGE TO GUARANTEE THE ITEMS YOU WANT" just to avoid the flack.

• Like 10

Indeed, If they left it open and then had to issue credit vouchers for items they didn't have enough of people would be even more upset 

In the long run this is the better way, there has been plenty of time to lock in what was wanted before the cut off date 

• Like 12
On 1/2/2021 at 10:42 PM, MoonglowMinis said:

Been feeling this way as well.  It seems like it was obvious to me, but hopefully next time they will learn from this and announce in big flashing letters "CLOSE YOUR PLEDGE TO GUARANTEE THE ITEMS YOU WANT" just to avoid the flack.

Well, they DID say things were going to be turned off in multiple updates. So much so that I ended up buying a third ship because I decided I wanted to keep 2 and sell one to help take the sting out of buying 2, knowing they could be turned off. That said, there would be people who would still complain and Reaper would still get some flack if they did the flashing letters. Heck, one other campaign I'm waiting on rewards for gave free minis to people for a mess up from Wal-mart because they didn't care what the release date was, and lo and behold there were people complaining that we're getting 2 free minis because Wal-mart screwed up. Reminds me of working at Wendy's in high school (what seems like a lifetime ago) and people would complain about promotions that were going on where they got free food, or would complain because something was wrong with their order and the manager gave them not only replacement for their food but vouchers to come in and get another meal for free.

• Like 6
On 1/1/2021 at 10:43 PM, R2ED said:

I know it's a big task to take on trying to paint them all in the single year, but it'll be a fun challenge tackling some monster groups or party all in the same weekend.  The killers are the big boys - dragons, giants, etc.  My goal (and i hope i can hold myself accountable) is trying to use this buy as a means to NOT buying more minis this year.  This will be my first bones, so i could be way off.  I'd like to think i could.  

It is a big task. I did it with Bones one,  aka the Vampire pledge. You end up with something like this:  https://forum.reapermini.com/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-7580-0-19726700-1394757747_thumb.jpg

If you do tackle the project post updates of your progress. I did this with Buckyball's kickstarter vampire workshop. I think you will find people on here are very interested and encouraging.

buckyball

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1