Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

3 hours ago, Venun said:

Aw, sadly the images are broken on your linked post :( 

I had skipped on that one, his size was incredible, and I could not foresee a use for him within our D&D games.

Though that model is bloody amazing aswell!

I think I have an idea of why, but I added some links to the main post. You should be able to click on those to see the pics (I've had other people have the same issue and the links work for them). He was EXTREMELY fun to paint! Yog I anticipate I'll spend more time on (more eyes LOL), but the sculpt is just so darned intriguing! Models like Narl and Yog are exactly why I am so enamored with what Reaper has done with Bones. Ok, and I admit, I LOVE the dragons they do as well! Julie can't make a bad dragon in my mind! Also why I can't wait to get my grubby hands on the Pirate ships. Ugh, is it time for fulfillment yet? :lol:

• Like 6
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something i drew many many many years ago   seems fitting

I totally agree with you in that those particular exaggerations are not very realistic in function. This was a challenging character/figure to create because I wanted her to read as feminine but als

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Venun said:

Aw, sadly the images are broken on your linked post :( 

I had skipped on that one, his size was incredible, and I could not foresee a use for him within our D&D games.

Though that model is bloody amazing aswell!

No they aren’t. If they aren’t showing up, it has to do with the hardware on your end. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

No they aren’t. If they aren’t showing up, it has to do with the hardware on your end. 

They don't show on my end either.  It's something with how the forum handles things.

• Like 2

They don't show for me either but the links did work - it looks fantastic, @bojesphob! You did good work. I don't think I have ever seen that sculpt before you brought it up and I am kinda disappointed it doesn't appear to have hit the store yet - I want to give it a go...

I saw in the kickstarter comments that they turned more things off in the PM - it's looking very bare now, but the extra wall of thorns pack is back again! All encounters but Ravenhome are gone though, all the siege weapons and really all the other loose options previously still hanging around - only the dragons, giants, the mammoth and the mini godzilla left now. Daimyo's gone too (just Dungeon Dwellers, Dark Depths and Greek Odysses now). Paints still there.

.... Sort of tempted to snag some wall of thorns.... I didn't get any extras for it in the end because I felt I should also get wall of stone extras if I did that - but now they aren't available! So it's way cheaper. Technically. Except for the part where I buy more minis.

Also whoa, yeah - I've been following some of the discussion involving the kickstarter complaints and honestly, I thought I was late, not even finalizing my first order until October, but yeesh. Who doesn't triple-check these things? I swear I can't make a single purchase without flipping my card over to make sure the details somehow haven't changed or reopening my wallet the moment I leave the store to see if I actually put the damn thing back in there...

(Have either of those two things ever happened? No. Might they still happen one day? Maybe.)

1 minute ago, Fnordlover said:

That out of the way...We're like, three months from start of shipping! Holy crap!

This is absolutely killing me right now for some reason. I think it's the ADHD; no concept of time, so my brain only recognizes "not now" and "now" and the same year as delivery is considered to be "now". :( I was planning all the taunting messages I'm going to send to my players once they come in, last night. Look at this picture of this lovely thing that I absolutely won't make you fight........

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

I bought the last two dragons I had dithered over, and decided not to buy at least twice. 

ah well.  I like dragons. 

I regret missing the scions, they were not my list until I painted a few Avatars and a genie, and realized I really like the size at the moment.  

but I did avoid adding any more expansions!  see some self control remained. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Evilhalfling said:

I bought the last two dragons I had dithered over, and decided not to buy at least twice. 

ah well.  I like dragons. 

I regret missing the scions, they were not my list until I painted a few Avatars and a genie, and realized I really like the size at the moment.  

but I did avoid adding any more expansions!  see some self control remained. 

I definitely dithered a lot over the dragons - ended up picking out 2 or 3 I liked... and then went back and got the other chromatics to get the set and then went back a third time to get Nathavarr, since that was the only one I hadn't gotten. (in my defence, I don't own a single dragon at the moment) I don't know what it is about dragons... but the allure is irresistible.

There's one or two things I regret not getting too. <_< You don't even realize what you'll regret until it's gone. The scions I only ended up getting because I got Fan Favourites and I didn't want to be out most of the set. Lessons for next kickstarter, I suppose.

Though speaking of adding things - I did end up grabbing two packs of the wall of thorns. I wasn't sure initially, but I did eventually realize my counting was off and they were 10'/2" across (or close enough) and I was counting them as 5'/1"... ended up being less in that case. Feels a bit better than going for a bunch of them.

• Like 6
23 minutes ago, Smallbunyanga said:

I would've gotten everything but I'm blaming that on my firstborn arriving a year ago

Excuses, excuses LOL

I completely missed out on Bones III for the same exact reason. Didn't even know it happened until Bones IV was announced.

• Haha 5

I don't think I've ever shared my finalized selection:

Your Selected Rewards

• Bones 5 Core Set x1
  • Expansion: Daimyo x1
  • Expansion: Greek Odyssey x1
  • Expansion: Dark Depths x1
  • Expansion: Brinewind, City of Pirates x1
  • Expansion: Dungeon Dwellers x1
  • Expansion: Fan Favorites x1
  • Power Up: Full Moon Fever Option x1
  • Power Up: Dragonslayers x1
  • Power Up: Hippocampus Figurehead Option x1
  • Power Up: Glow in the Dark Reaper Figurehead Option x1
  • Power Up: Disapproving Hand Spell Effect x1
  • Power Up: Demonic Legion Option x1
  • Power Up: Beastmen Option x1
  • Power Up: Henchwomen Option x1
  • Option: Valfuryx the Vile, Huge Dragon x1
  • Option: Dragon Folk Adventurers x1
  • Option: Hammerfist Catapult x1
  • Option: Townsfolk x1
  • Option: Dragon Bust x1
  • Option: Fire Giant Hellbringer x1
  • Option: Aganzarax the Foul, Huge Dragon x1
  • Option: War Mammoth x1
  • Option: Deathrattle Ballista x1
  • Option: Goroloth x1
  • Option: Farflinger Trebuchet x1
  • Option: Shavynra the Slayer, Huge Dragon x1
  • Option: Storm Giant x1
  • Option: Krateryx, Shadow Dragon x1
  • Option: Rune Wights x1
  • Option: Arakoth the Ancient, Colossal Spider x1
  • Option: Elemental Scions x1
  • Option: Bust Collection x1
  • Option: Pirate Ship x1
  • Option: Ildraedis the Devourer, Huge Dragon x1
  • Option: Encounter - Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen x1
  • Option: Encounter - Shadows of Ravenhome x1
  • Option: Demonic Temptation x1
  • Option: Yog-Sothoth x1
  • Option: Kalanzar the Wicked x1
  • Option: Brinewind Extras x1
  • Option: Kaiju Chaos x1
  • Option: Henchmen and Hirelings x1
  • New MSP Paint Colors x1

Subtotal: $934.00
Shipping: $104.95 <_<

Total: $1038.95

The sets I typically never get are the modern, futuristic, terrain sets and most mouslings. I do like them, just not enough to get that many.
Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You have to wonder if Reaper team is sitting around a table, all wearing smoking jackets, monocle in one eye, pipes in hand going, "Looks like the US stimulus worked. How many did we collect?  Muhhahahaha, hahahhaha, muhhaahhahaha!"

... but seriously. 

• Haha 7