Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

2 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

My wife would never speak to me again if I got that spider and left it out where she could see it!

you got that wrong,. you dont leave it out. you hide it in a corner, and use the greenstuffworld spider web airbrush spray , to create webs, etc :P then add some glue mixed with coffee grounds so it kinda looks like insect bits from a distance :P

sanjay

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something i drew many many many years ago   seems fitting

I totally agree with you in that those particular exaggerations are not very realistic in function. This was a challenging character/figure to create because I wanted her to read as feminine but als

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

you got that wrong,. you dont leave it out. you hide it in a corner, and use the greenstuffworld spider web airbrush spray , to create webs, etc :P then add some glue mixed with coffee grounds so it kinda looks like insect bits from a distance :P

sanjay

That... would not end well...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

it would for us. it would be funny if you record it and put it on youtube :D

sanjay

In all seriousness, given the level of my wife's arachnophobia, I would never do this to her.  The concept is amusing, but the reality would not be something I would want to deal with. 

Still, it IS an awesome model (for other households)!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

hehe

i dont like spiders (or any bugs other than ladybugs/ladybirds, bees and butterflies) much but i dont have actual arachnophobia as far as i know.

it is nice. getting one of those. could use it for my lolth based campaign right now :D (if we ever play in person again) hehe also have the GW arachnarok and mierce gol gul.

regarding dealing with it, you know the saying: its all fun and games till someone gets hurt. Then its hilarious   :)

Sanjay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

I should start a Lisa Frank challenge once the new KS is here, between existing models, the leopards and dolphins from the new ones, there are plenty of traditional Lisa frank animal species to paint as well as more out there ones like the spider haha

I would love to participate in that kind of challenge!

6 hours ago, StarFyre said:

sanjay

Sanjay is an agent for divorce lawyers!! ::o:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Reaper are a bunch or saints, and the Bones 5 PM closing is a stark lesson of the adage No good deed goes unpunished.

The whining and complaints about ‘mean girls’ who are just giving Johnny-come-lately inquirers the facts about the numerous notifications to finalize your pledges, and that items are now limited, and if you missed it, well that’s not Reaper’s fault... it’s unreal. 

Reaper, y’all are saints. 

• Like 9

Went down with Bones 4, too. Can't insure happiness for all involved, unfortunately. >.<

On 1/13/2021 at 3:27 PM, redambrosia said:
On 1/13/2021 at 8:45 AM, Sirithiliel said:

I should start a Lisa Frank challenge once the new KS is here, between existing models, the leopards and dolphins from the new ones, there are plenty of traditional Lisa frank animal species to paint as well as more out there ones like the spider haha

I would love to participate in that kind of challenge!

There is a part of me going, 'um.. um.. WHAT?!' and a part of me going, 'OMGYES!' ... guess which one is winning.

And, iirc, the Lisa Frank dragon was the serpentine fellow with the fluffy face, so that could be *cracks knuckles* amusing.

I'm done, though. Last order went out last month, and I have No Plans for more. I got all the dragons (pretty sure) and a bunch of other stuff, and .. the DOOMBOX is going to be sufficiently huge. 

Now.. I just sit back and wait for April. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

There is a part of me going, 'um.. um.. WHAT?!' and a part of me going, 'OMGYES!' ... guess which one is winning.

And, iirc, the Lisa Frank dragon was the serpentine fellow with the fluffy face, so that could be *cracks knuckles* amusing.

i think i'll do it as a fun challenge once people start getting their KS deliveries. A fun Lisa Frank art challenge to paint something bright and colorful. The goal would just be go colorful, bright and flashy like Lisa frank's art. Using a traditional animal she has used (leopard, dolphin, horse, tiger etc) or something out of the box 

i'll be doing the giant spider for sure. 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

FYI - Ron said tonight on Reaper Live that the remaining items in the PM are nearly sold out. He heavily implied that all but bases (maybe paint?) will be turned off by close of business tomorrow. 

I read this, opened the pledge manager on instinct, took one look at the remaining stock and a very loud voice in my head said "get an extra core set".

I didn't listen to it, but man, the impulse was there for a moment.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
11 minutes ago, PhantomAsh said:

I read this, opened the pledge manager on instinct, took one look at the remaining stock and a very loud voice in my head said "get an extra core set".

I didn't listen to it, but man, the impulse was there for a moment.

I had been debating a second copy of Greek Odyssey. I did listen to that voice. 

...I’d also been debating another Core Set over the last 6 weeks, but I’ll already end up with 1.5 Core Sets (originally went in to split one w/ a friend; decided I wanted a whole one myself, but still honoring the agreement with my friend).  I did end up throwing on a few more core extras in December, to ensure I got the minimum numbers I wanted of things I could reasonably get extras of, knowing I might not talk myself into another Core set.  So, I did resist THAT voice...

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

I had been debating a second copy of Greek Odyssey. I did listen to that voice. 

...I’d also been debating another Core Set over the last 6 weeks, but I’ll already end up with 1.5 Core Sets (originally went in to split one w/ a friend; decided I wanted a whole one myself, but still honoring the agreement with my friend).  I did end up throwing on a few more core extras in December, to ensure I got the minimum numbers I wanted of things I could reasonably get extras of, knowing I might not talk myself into another Core set.  So, I did resist THAT voice...

Now that's a good choice! Out of the three expansions left, I already have two copies of Dungeon Dwellers, but I WAS vaguely considering a second copy of Dark Depths. That being said, I think I'll pass. I really just want second copies of the Merrow / Slithe, and everything else is a solo-monster encounter or the mermaids, which... ehhh. I doubt I'll use them anytime soon. I'll just wait for retail.

A good call as well. Realistically, I got enough core extras that I don't need a second core set. It's really just the temptation to buy. ::P: Suppose we won't have that soon...

..... nothing to do but start waiting for Bones 6 then, I suppose.

• Like 3

I got a second Dark Depths back in December. Ron always talking about how they put too much value in that expansion swayed me. The small army of not-Sahaugin I’ll have available to paint, plus the fathom tyrant, the Merrow (and let’s be honest, all the other great beasts) were what sold me (I did go out of my way to buy the final 12 issues of Dungeon Magazine after they announced the pirate ship, so I can run Savage Tide someday); they’ll serve me well in a high seas campaign one day.

Just the Fathom Tyrant and four Slithes are probably going to total up to almost $25 at retail. And that’s just scratching the surface of the expansion. 

• Like 8