Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

Not that i don't empathize with all the talk about taxes and the difficulties Reaper may have with worldwide distribution, but i thought it a good idea to post something in a different direction. 

Looks like their freight containers are still showing on time for landing to port March 23rd.  Now, this will be heavily dependent on the ports getting it unloaded and processed.  There's still heavy congestion, so we'll have to see how this goes over the next week, but I'm still optimistic. 

Screenshot_20210321-060038_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ef43300c0035cb31c6c6814fc54ca7e9.jpg

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many containers are there? If that's the last of them, then the end is in sight for getting fulfillment rolling.

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 3

dude, i was not one of the people tracking the ship and had just heard about the video of the port.

a friend and i watched the video together and we paused it ON THAT SHIP.

WE TALKED ABOUT THE COLOR OF THE CONTAINERS AND I HAD NO CLUE.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
5 hours ago, Reaper_Jon said:

I have asked, and pushing for a post to be made Monday or sometime next week, with more info regarding the EU/UK situation. Will likely be in video format/written in a Ks update. 

Awesome, thank you!

3 hours ago, Minehermit said:

dude, i was not one of the people tracking the ship and had just heard about the video of the port.

a friend and i watched the video together and we paused it ON THAT SHIP.

WE TALKED ABOUT THE COLOR OF THE CONTAINERS AND I HAD NO CLUE.

Haha, that's amazing!! xD

• Like 2

Ugh. The forum update mucked up all the formatting. Everyone’s avatars are obscuring their user names, and the beginning text of their posts is hanging in front of their avatars...

Back on topic, has anyone started taking bets (fun, non monetary) on when all the containers of Bones 5 will make it thru port?

I’m expecting a minor delay at this point. Hopefully we’ll get our packages by around the first of June. 

• Like 7

Well, this is...different...

The info bar down the right is interesting, but I don't know if it adds much.  Not really anything I need to know.

By the way, congrats on top poster status @ksbsnowowl!   It's been a hard fought contest, but it's not over yet! :lol:::P::ph34r:

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Not a fan of the new Forum format personally, but I resist change in all forms. 

There have been big chunks of the last year where I haven't thought about Bones V at all, but now that it is happening Soontm my excitement is almost palpable. Funny how that works. 

• Like 10

Good news is, that container is showing "discharged" as of the 21st. Yay!  It's stateside.  

On a side note, this new formatting is making it super difficult for me to navigate.  I can't see an alarm bell for notifications and can't tag a few lines of someone's post because it's odd overlapping the avatar.  Also someone's name is covered by their avatar, too.  Must fix!  I have no idea how it looks on pc, but on Android for my phone, it's terrible. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Loim said:

Not a fan of the new Forum format personally, but I resist change in all forms. 

There have been big chunks of the last year where I haven't thought about Bones V at all, but now that it is happening Soontm my excitement is almost palpable. Funny how that works. 

The good news is that Kit has mentioned in another thread that the forum format is due to something getting broken in an upgrade, and he's working on fixing it.

The bad news is that we don't know how long this will take

As to Bones V, I'm still ticked off that in AU we've been charged as if it was being shipped from the US, but we're having it shipped directly from AU without going through the US first.

That said, I am looking forward to receiving my items, whenever that may be, and this time round they may actually get painted

• Like 11

Past night they talked about the EU situation on Twitch (...).
They said that after their investigations they think that EU backers will need to pay a 3-6% customs charge plus a possible 6 Euro shipping fee. 

Well... I can assure you that this is totally wrong: the 3-6% is just in case they believe that all those plastic piece are toys for personal use; also the 6€ shipping fee is just the base; it depends by many factor like: how big and heavy is the box, how far they have to send it, and so on. In my case is 36€ IF it will stay under 10 kilos (which probably wouldn't).
Also don't forget about the ordeal we have to go through and the time we gonna lost.
Again it's not about VAT, and Reaper absolutely underestimate the fees.

Also... on Twitch? Really? :upside:

Edited by Cicciopiu
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4