Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

1 hour ago, StarFyre said:

does that mean if we are in north america and didnt order any ships, they could be packing our boxes as we speak? :)

Sanjay

There will be an announcement when it starts.  Only caught part of the stream last night but they said there is still some setup to do before fulfillment begins. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They estimated about a month.  They have to get the GitD ships, get the laptops setup, organize for efficient pulling and other stuff.  They will come back with the date when they know so that we can all know to change our addresses if we need to.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I don't mind the wait, doubly so if they're planning on not doing the split shipping that threw a few wrenches into things for them last time.   Once it was all set up they were incredibly fast about picking, it was rather interesting to hear reports on.. 

This time I may get to watch it, whoo! (if they do a live camera feed again) 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

This time I may get to watch it, whoo! (if they do a live camera feed again) 

There was talk of that. It was strangely mesmerizing last time. 

• Like 6
57 minutes ago, ttuckerman said:

One other thing they said was that ships will not be in the box.  They are their own shipment.

So all our pledge comes in one box, the ship in another? Or am I misunderstanding

• Like 3

That's my understanding @Sirithiliel.  I am thinking it may be because the ship box is unusually long and won't fit in their standard shipping boxes.  For those who got more than one ship, I wonder if they will bundle them together.

• Like 6

Well that's... unexpected. I guess it makes sense. I just expected the modularness of the ships to mean they'd fit in a box, or they'd use different shaped boxes to send stuff.

If they are fulfilling the ships separately, and the ships are in a different container, why not start going now?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Well that's... unexpected. I guess it makes sense. I just expected the modularness of the ships to mean they'd fit in a box, or they'd use different shaped boxes to send stuff.

If they are fulfilling the ships separately, and the ships are in a different container, why not start going now?

I didnt realize the ships were modular. I thought the hulls were a single cast. As much as I would have loved to get one I had to draw the line as I went a bit overboard with all the cool little sets in this kickstarter.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jason Zavoda said:

I didnt realize the ships were modular. I thought the hulls were a single cast. As much as I would have loved to get one I had to draw the line as I went a bit overboard with all the cool little sets in this kickstarter.

Hull might be, but the thing isn't going to be sent with masts high and all cannons attached. With the size and shape of boxes that Amazon sends sometimes, I expected Reaper to just go with a set of Long Boxes to get it all sent in one go.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

One other thing they said was that ships will not be in the box.  They are their own shipment.

So the ship is bringing the other boxes?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7