Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

7 minutes ago, R2ED said:

Thanks for telling me what's off.  Weirdly, i can't even subscribe or follow the updates for an email.  Wah wah.  

Good thing I've got you all updating things. @Inarahmade a solid post for me to follow, but did bum me out i didn't know until she said it.  Thank you, Inarah for calling it out with the details.  Good on you! 

I just repeat what is in the weekly Thursday night stream on Twitch.  You can subscribe to that and get notices when it goes live, and even go back and watch the weekly episode for details. 

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

• Like 4
  • Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

That would indeed be why. If you had backed on KS, you are automatically sent an email copy of every update (unless you shut that off in your KS settings).

In the 4th Kickstarter, they did send out emails through the mailing list. 

• Like 1

Now, don't get too excited.  On this evening's Reaper Live they said they were notified that "a shipping container" has arrived on the west coast.  There is no other info at this time.  No confirmation that it it THE shipping container with the last of the KS stuff, and no expected delivery date. It could be in customs for weeks.  They do expect to have much more information for the KS update next week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10
15 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Now, don't get too excited.  On this evening's Reaper Live they said they were notified that "a shipping container" has arrived on the west coast.  There is no other info at this time.  No confirmation that it it THE shipping container with the last of the KS stuff, and no expected delivery date. It could be in customs for weeks.  They do expect to have much more information for the KS update next week. 

Even after they get it, it will still have to be unloaded and sorted. Then they’ll spend a day or two test processing a few orders. Then they’ll do 100, next day 300, then up to 600 per day. I’ve been through this 4 times before. Just don’t think about it ::D:

• Like 7

I must admit that I'm a little relieved.  At the beginning of the month, I was worried my order would arrive while I'm on vacation the first two weeks of June. 

That's not likely now.

• Like 5

I'm now in the position of trying to decide if I should change my address.  Will be moving into a new house come July.  Since the deals not closed, I'm hesitant to send it to the new address, and I don't really want to send it off to a relative's, though I may have to.

Eagerly anticipating my largest Bones haul to date!

• Like 3
On 3/16/2021 at 9:18 AM, ksbsnowowl said:

The Reaper site’s preview page now shows the Bones 5 Rune Wights and Dragonfolk add-ons as coming to retail in June. 

These were two of some of the first things to sell out in the PM (I had actually wanted to get one more copy of each), so it’s nice they’ll be available soon. 

Assuming the figure two-packs retail at $5.99 (though as they’re supposed to be Bones Black, they might be $6.99), then they’ll cost just shy of $36 ($42). Given that in total they came to $20 in the pledge manager, I really wish I’d ordered another set of each in there <_<

It appears these have been pushed back to July on the preview page. Likely just a prudent business decision, given the delay on Bones 5 delivery. I can imagine the outrage if Reaper were to start selling Bones 5 stuff at retail before they start shipping out Bones 5 KS pledges. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@MoonglowMinistake no chances.  I'd send it to a friend or business you know will not be moving.  Id worry if you do move, and when got the change of address in, it might be the new address doesn't register with your name on the shipping carrier's system or something back office doesn't line up.  Send it to a friend or where you work.  

I'm still just pacing back and forth waiting for the "we shipping" announcement.  It's worse than the buildup to xmas morning when i was 5.  SOOO EXCITED!

• Like 5

I'm happily settled at my new place, so ready for my Bones. We even have substantially more wardrobe space, my existing miniatures look kinda lost.

Hopeful we'll hear an update on the UK container and it'll make it to the warehouse come June 5th as predicted. 

• Like 7

Watching last night’s Reaper Live right now. Apparently the production company saw the last KS update, and contacted Reaper to clarify that they had caught the boat sagging issue before full-scale production, and thus the issue is already fixed in the production copies. This had been communicated to Reaper, but apparently got lost in the shuffle; reaper also didn’t realize the boat they had on hand wasn’t a 100% final production copy. Reaper was trying to be proactive to resolve the issue before delivery, and didn’t realize the issue had already been identified and solved. 

All that to say, there will be no need of a boat plug for the pirate ships. Ed was joking about what to do with the thousands of boat plugs they’ve already produced. :wacko:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
52 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Watching last night’s Reaper Live right now. Apparently the production company saw the last KS update, and contacted Reaper to clarify that they had caught the boat sagging issue before full-scale production, and thus the issue is already fixed in the production copies. This had been communicated to Reaper, but apparently got lost in the shuffle; reaper also didn’t realize the boat they had on hand wasn’t a 100% final production copy. Reaper was trying to be proactive to resolve the issue before delivery, and didn’t realize the issue had already been identified and solved. 

All that to say, there will be no need of a boat plug for the pirate ships. Ed was joking about what to do with the thousands of boat plugs they’ve already produced. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Adrift said:

Is it possible for them to melt the plastic and reuse it in future Bones USA sculpts?

At this point, they should just send them anyway. Because you know people are going to complain if they don't get their boat plugs. :devil:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
9 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

They sold thousands of ships? 
Really?

Also: since no one cares or can be bothered to learn the names of things; the real, honest-to-god, a heavy piece of structure meant to hold a mast on a ship actually has a name...

MAST STEP

Edited by TGP
…made letters bigger by using real computer…
  • Like 7