Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Vallejo Mecha Matte is another option that's actually designed for airbrush and is SUUUUUPER flat if that's what you're looking for.

I love the Vallejo Mecha stuff, but it's annoyingly hard to find sometimes.

• Like 1

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, dwarvenranger said:

Reaper makes a brush on sealer that's all I use on Bones after several disastrous attempts with spay sealers. I wonder if it could be used with an airbrush?

If you want the ready-use version, you can use the Reaper wash medium.  It's the same base, except pre-thinned.  It's what I use for airbrush sealing now.  But, yes, you can thin either of the brush-on sealers with either water or an airbrush thinner like Vallejo's, say about 50/50, should work a treat.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 7

I was watching a Reaper Live from a few weeks ago (episode...123? Just got uploaded to YT today) and they mentioned that, sadly, the sitting elven geisha sculpt they added to the Brinewind expansion after the KS ended, did not end up going through production. No details on why, just that it didn’t end up getting produced. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 14

21 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Wasteland, yes.  Winter....  It's 31C before humidity today >.<

weirdly, you're actually beating our North Texas temperatures this week.  But we're unseasonably wet and cool, normally we'd be over 90 (32) and pushing toward 95(35) by this point in the year with a humidity of 50-70%, so far I don't think I've seen it break 85 yet, and it's rained 22 days out of the last 30....

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

I was watching a Reaper Live from a few weeks ago (episode...123? Just got uploaded to YT today) and they mentioned that, sadly, the sitting elven geisha sculpt they added to the Brinewind expansion after the KS ended, did not end up going through production. No details on why, just that it didn’t end up getting produced. 

This is bummer news.  I've been wondering what the deal was with that one since they hadn't shown any additional pictures of her since the 3d render.

• Like 1

Super delayed action posting

Goblins x1

Townsfolk x1

The Spiders of Emrith Kul x1

Rune Wights x1

Arakoth the Ancient x1

The Dwarf King's Crypt x1

Dungeon Dwellers x1

Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen x1

Shadows of Ravenhome x1

Yog-Sothoth x1

Brinewind Extras x1

Dark Depths Expansion x1

Brinewind Expansion x1

Power Up: Pirate Maiden Figurehead Option x1

Extra Kid Heroes x2

Power Up: Henchwomen Option x1

22 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

If memory serves they had to make her standing but will still include her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Final container is in LA, awaiting transport to Reaper, according to tonight's broadcast.  Still no idea when it will arrive in Denton, shipping companies are all backed up.  Meanwhile, the factory is getting set up for fulfillment: 

bones5-1.jpg.f742e8b4aff3aaa3477c6400144977c6.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9

9 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

weirdly, you're actually beating our North Texas temperatures this week.  But we're unseasonably wet and cool, normally we'd be over 90 (32) and pushing toward 95(35) by this point in the year with a humidity of 50-70%, so far I don't think I've seen it break 85 yet, and it's rained 22 days out of the last 30....

I think it has rained maybe 3 days measurably since Feb here. Thou, like clockwork when it gets really hot (103 officially today) we get T-storms & one is approaching from the SW right now. I'm not sure if we'll get it but it's in the air. At least the bunny will get a bath if rain falls. She won't come in as she really likes "her" backward right now.^_^

Picked up the newest Nolzur's Aboleth today, at least it was free (well I used my FLGS's loyalty points for it). Now I'm looking forward to @TaleSpinner's!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

If memory serves they had to make her standing but will still include her.

You would be incorrect. You are thinking of the half-orc doxie, who was depicted sitting on the bed in the concept art, then made into a standing model once they 3D rendered her. The sitting elven geisha was a wholly new sculpt they didn’t reveal until well after the KS was over. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, Inarah said:

Final container is in LA, awaiting transport to Reaper, according to tonight's broadcast.  Still no idea when it will arrive in Denton, shipping companies are all backed up.  Meanwhile, the factory is getting set up for fulfillment: 

bones5-1.jpg.f742e8b4aff3aaa3477c6400144977c6.jpg

Ron's getaway car just had to be red, didn't it... (/purple) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4