Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

Just checking in to thank everyone who is posting pictures of the figures they have received.  I an happy with the detail I am seeing and know when I get my big box I will be very happy with the quality.

My pledge is held up because it contains the Rune Wights miniatures.  I am hoping by the end of July my pledge will ship.  I keep checking the stream in hopes the banner text changes.

• Like 2

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they started sending out any orders with ships in them yet?  I thought they were going to start doing that this morning. 

Looking forward to seeing more pix from the lucky ones getting their packages before those who have to wait.

Does anyone know how well Bones will store in a non-climate-controlled storage area?  So far, all of mine are kept in the house, but I'm thinking about moving some of them elsewhere, and they could be stored for many years.

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 1

@lexomatic

hey! so for me, i got an email. pasting it here:

UPS Update: Import Charges are Due   <--- that was the email subject/topic line

This is what the email had (image attached)

and i clicked Pay Now.  you should be able to select from credit card types, etc. and just enter like normal.

You cant adjust anything. so its like, these are the costs -- period. i used credit card.     now if i click on that pay now link again, it says its already paid and shows the details (the chart that shows the fees being charged).

is that what you want to see? did you get this email?

regards,

Sanjay

ups.jpg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Have they started sending out any orders with ships in them yet?  I thought they were going to start doing that this morning. 

Looking forward to seeing more pix from the lucky ones getting their packages before those who have to wait.

Does anyone know how well Bones will store in a non-climate-controlled storage area?  So far, all of mine are kept in the house, but I'm thinking about moving some of them elsewhere, and they could be stored for many years.

Historically Bones figures can sag/droop if they are heated. I don't know what temperature they start to melt, but just sitting on my windowsill in the sun did make my Baba Yaga's hut knees bend a bit. I'd expect that heat in storage would make them more prone to the effects of gravity in whatever direction they are in, but probably can be bent back into place with a boiling water bath + bend + quench. To my knowledge, cold is not a problem for them, at least not at any range a normal storage unit would be in.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lexomatic said:

How do we do this. I need step by step. I'm Not going to have a porch and it will take me time to answer the door. If someone even bothers to call and tell me they're there. My instructions will no longer be valid. This is super frustrating because I'm not free to go pick stuff at a depot. If stuff ships back I'm not paying to have it sent again and I will never support another kickstarter

Before I start, the images for this guide is NOT a package from Reaper Miniatures, just one from another company I ordered from.  I will try to remember to rewrite this guide with more screenshots of the process when I get my shipping notification (I'm wave 9, so it may be a bit)

Spoilered due to length so mobile users don't have to scroll 8-10 times to get past it.

Spoiler

I can't take screenshots of the entire process due to having already paid, but this is for another item.  I'm a MyUPS customer (it's free to sign up for this - apparently now called UPS My Choice, lol), so information included in the email may be slightly different.

Your emails may also look different as I am using dark mode in the Windows 10 Mail client, but I would presume that the core part from UPS would look rather similar.

726642977_UPSCustomsFeesEmail.thumb.jpg.67c15fc3d68d5d44318dee13688d5779.jpg

You'll get an email looking like this usually 12-24 hours of getting the "it's shipped" email.  Additionally, you will receive a phone call from 1-855-210-3500 with the caller ID "UPS CANADA" the same day (I got my phone call at 10:40 this morning for this particular package).  It's an automated call, so if you have Telus Call Control (or equivalent anti auto-dialler service through another provider), you'll want to temporarily add that phone number to your accepted list.  It will basically tell you that customs fees are due as well as the tracking number.

Unknown if non UPS My Choice customers will have it list the company name as well (blacked out box above tracking number in my screenshot)

You'll want to click either the orange "Pay Now" button (probably the easiest), or the tracking number that's halfway down the email.  Clicking Pay Now should bring you right to the payment area, where it will ask for your payment info - I tend to use PayPal, as it doesn't seem to like my KOHO Premium card.  As you'll be paying online, the amount may be different (about $5 cheaper) than what is listed on the email, so there's a definite incentive there to pay it online - this particular example was only a $23.14 CAD bill due to paying it online, for example.

After you pay, there is an option to get a receipt - I would recommend doing this if the package is already out for delivery, as the driver may not be provided information that fees have already been paid.

1512518526_UPSTrackingInfo.thumb.jpg.788ee54ec35972d61b615f0c9606114e.jpg

Alternatively, you click the tracking number link and it will pull up a page that looks fairly similar to this.  If you aren't logged in, it won't have the "Ship To" section filled out with your address (my example screenshot has this as I was logged into UPS My Choice at the time).

Near the top, in that yellow bar it will say "Import Fees are due for this package" and a link that says "Pay Now" if I remember correctly.  This should show whether or not you have an account with UPS.

1620285190_UPSFeespaidemail.thumb.jpg.14890bb20589a38b06b938e5d28b0a17.jpg

Once you've paid the fees, you should get an email like this.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask away :)

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

Just how hot are we talking about?

From experience, I know that room temperature leaves them pretty firm and unchanged. But if they're in "car left under the summer sun" temperatures, they become soft and bendy.

35 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Historically Bones figures can sag/droop if they are heated. I don't know what temperature they start to melt, but just sitting on my windowsill in the sun did make my Baba Yaga's hut knees bend a bit. I'd expect that heat in storage would make them more prone to the effects of gravity in whatever direction they are in, but probably can be bent back into place with a boiling water bath + bend + quench. To my knowledge, cold is not a problem for them, at least not at any range a normal storage unit would be in.

The only sure thing about "classic" Bones and the boil/freeze technique is that the material does not melt at boiling temperatures (needs to be much higher for actual melting). If warm enough, it becomes bendy and parts can sag under their own weight.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

I didn't see any ship boxes moving this morning, though there were rumors in chat that they were going to be shipping them with whatever orders could currently go out.   Where they are positioned it's a bit hard to see what is going on, and I wasn't glued to the screen. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brutaka809 said:

Discord is saying they heard regular pirate ship orders are now shipping tomorrow. Here’s to another hopeful day of waiting.

The more the ship slips past its delivery date... the more the henchwomen will Rue!!! Maximum Rue-age!!!  RUEEEE!!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Just how hot are we talking about?

From experience, I know that room temperature leaves them pretty firm and unchanged. But if they're in "car left under the summer sun" temperatures, they become soft and bendy.

The only sure thing about "classic" Bones and the boil/freeze technique is that the material does not melt at boiling temperatures (needs to be much higher for actual melting). If warm enough, it becomes bendy and parts can sag under their own weight.

Indeed, boiling temperature does not melt them. But you can fry eggs on asphalt in Death Valley soooo..... I dunno if storage units in the desert become literal ovens. Do heat guns used to shrink the protective tubes on electrical wires get hot enough to melt Bones? **shrug**

Car in summer, sunny window in summer - definite bend to them, mostly on the narrow parts. Wouldn't worry about the chunky parts.

• Like 2

@lexomatichey buddy, i just responded to your post on Marvel Unlimited, too with difficulties on KS. I'm wondering, since this is 2 for 2 with big frustrations on both, if it might be best to reach out to someone directly or ask for help with KS and pledge managers? Make a separate post to see who's in your area that could help you.  

It might save you a ton of time and energy.  I'd hate for you to feel this way about something so many of us have really benefited from. 

Well, guess I won't be able to write up a guide using UPS, as they shipped mine USPS for some strange reason.  Guess I'll get my package in two weeks to a month instead of a few days, but it's shipped.

For those curious, I'm wave 9.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, R2ED said:

@lexomatichey buddy, i just responded to your post on Marvel Unlimited, too with difficulties on KS. I'm wondering, since this is 2 for 2 with big frustrations on both, if it might be best to reach out to someone directly or ask for help with KS and pledge managers? Make a separate post to see who's in your area that could help you.  

It might save you a ton of time and energy.  I'd hate for you to feel this way about something so many of us have really benefited from. 

I'm Fine with Reapers pledge managers. I'm not an idiot needing handholding or multiple thread tagging.

I avoid UPS completely outside of reapers past worldwide fulfillment where things shipped from inside Canada. And seeing as this is a new issue that is unexpected and there's really bad communication I asked about it.

I'm frustrated because I have to coordinate a million different things I shouldn't have to because all are doing weird unpredictable schedule things that are going to wind up with the worst possible combination for me despite doing everything in  my power to avoid it.

9 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Well, guess I won't be able to write up a guide using UPS, as they shipped mine USPS for some strange reason.

Po box was listed as an issue for that?

• Like 1