Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

3 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I’m thinking I’ll to sculpt feathers on some of the Dino people, but otherwise I really like them. Especially the mage triceratops guy. Hubby has an NPC (formerly PC) “trihorn” that that mini would work great for. 

Though, I do think they should have been their own add-on, and the daimyo expansion could have ninjas. Which would just be Japanese peasants :rolleyes:

AH ha, now that you mention this, I recall the FR novel cover:

220px-SongOfTheSaurials.jpg

Never read that one but I did read Curse of Azure Bonds back then. Hmmm after seeing that picture again, it perks my interest a bit for the fantasy dinos.

• Like 5

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Zink said:

I'm a bit disappointed in the Daimyo expansion and won't buy it unless the 3rd part really blows my socks off. Which is fine I'd like to keep my spending down this time compared to buying almost everything last round. Want to focus more on things I "know" I'll use instead. Considering culling unused earlier Bones but that's never worked out well for me in the past. Even my minimal attempt is looking to be several hundred dollars.

I'm feeling the same way.  Zero interest in the dino-men, but most of the humanoids look useful.  Part 3 is going to have to wow me or it's going to be something I pick up retail several years down the road. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Hopefully the KS hasn't entered into it's lull period already.

Historically, the strongest drive is always the first day, and then it drops quite a bit after that. The pledges coast along for a few weeks, and then it picks up dramatically again around 4-5 days before the end. Changes in stretch goals will alter that, though, since some people are waiting for certain things.

I also want everyone to keep in mind that this is only day 3 of 31, so we've barely scratched the surface for what kind of minis will be out there. The ones at the start are always interesting but don't always generate the hype that others will, but the WOW factor will steadily increase as time goes on so just be patient. We're in for the long ride, let's see where it takes us.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

it isn't geometry breaking! it just has no internal structure, just a pile of magic appearing as a normal object, except wrong.

Lovecraft has a fear of Euclidian geometry. It is annoying how prevalent it is in his writing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Historically, the strongest drive is always the first day, and then it drops quite a bit after that. The pledges coast along for a few weeks, and then it picks up dramatically again around 4-5 days before the end. Changes in stretch goals will alter that, though, since some people are waiting for certain things.

I also want everyone to keep in mind that this is only day 3 of 31, so we've barely scratched the surface for what kind of minis will be out there. The ones at the start are always interesting but don't always generate the hype that others will, but the WOW factor will steadily increase as time goes on so just be patient. We're in for the long ride, let's see where it takes us.

Hopefully Reaper is ready for that rush as far as revealing stretch goals & such. Without a proper social media person (aka Reaperbryan formerly) the updates on the KS were kinda disappointing yesterday. I found out about them here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

Lovecraft has a fear of Euclidian geometry. It is annoying how prevalent it is in his writing.

Lovecraft was a giant moron -_- among other things. At least he gave us a cool mythos to play with, so he wasn’t a total waste of molecules. 

Anyhoo... I’m really hoping the oriental dragon corresponds to the one on the map. That’s a shoe in for me, even if they don’t make it big enough.

• Like 4

Number Based on 1300-1400 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:     $46,601
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $87,488
Total to Next Goal:    $18,623
New Backers This Hour:     28
Gain in last Hour:     $5,202
Current Average Pledge:     $117.85
Average Hourly Backers Today:     28.0
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     35.2
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $5,202
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $4,774
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     3.6
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     3.9

Current Total Pledges:     $1,356,377
Current Total Backers:     11,509
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $1,351,175
Previous Hour Total Backers:     11,481

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I agree, but still, an update to the Kickstarter page before Reaper goes home for the night would be nice.  Or maybe they're just going to coast along with what's posted ... ::(:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Lovecraft was a giant moron -_- among other things. At least he gave us a cool mythos to play with, so he wasn’t a total waste of molecules. 

Anyhoo... I’m really hoping the oriental dragon corresponds to the one on the map. That’s a shoe in for me, even if they don’t make it big enough.

i'm hoping it's an add on! :D 

• Like 3

So is reaper taking this kickstarter serious or not?  No updates on time, no images for the Goroloth unlock.  They seem to be stunting their own kickstarter with their inattention.  I am not impressed. 

Hopefully in the end they can figure out how this works so we have plenty to actually bid for.  So far I am underwhelmed at the lack of communication Reaper has shown on this, which considering how bad the last couple ended mired in poor communication but had good communication while the kickstarter ran.

We want to have kickstarter posts in advance on your actual kickstarter.  If I have to look online for a video I have no time to watch to even find out what may be in this I will leave it at my initial $1 and just increase it last day if I remember or in PM if I don't.  It is not like I have even seen more than 3, (maybe 4 if the mammoth gets a good scale reference)  things I am interested in pledging for but I know the pre-kickstarter images had a ton of things from underwater creatures, to Greek mythology stuff, but right now so do not know what Goroloth even looks like!!! WTF!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I think Goroloth will reveal at 1,375M.  Pretty typical to only have 1 reveal at a time after the first day.  I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal another expansion by EoD to boost the weekend numbers though.

• Like 4