Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

1 hour ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Harumph. Also Wave 3, have 3 regular ships. No shipping notice. Just checked the PM, and combed through email and junk folder. I closed my first order within an hour or so of the PM launching. 

Maybe my notification is delayed (but why is the PM not showing it?), or maybe I’ll be one of the first ones packed tomorrow. 

But like @Marvin I’m starting to lose patience. Shipping delays outside Reaper’s control? I’ll defend them all day. But now they have everything in the warehouse and they’re STILL breaking their word, again. Stop promising things if you aren’t going to hold to them. And don’t use shipping waves if you’re not going to stick to them once you have everything in warehouse. 

Trying to still give them the benefit of the doubt, but increasing I’m asking myself why I should?

Their flaw is in keeping people updated as they are working and as they are going. Some reasoning would be nice to hear, but whether we hear it or not, we're still getting our stuff. The flaw is not with getting the work itself done. They promised they'd deliver us our big boxes of toys. They try to do it in certain order, but that's a long second from just plain Getting It Done, and getting it done also takes priority over more emails with nitpicky details.

Yes, they need a Communications Manager, so that they don't have a few people wearing too many hats. But... they're succeeding on the promise that matters the most.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

sorry. just when a wave 3 with missing items (and ship) gets packed and shipped before wave 1s and wave 2s that have missing items (and ships), it DOES feel random

i'd love to see a official comment on how they're packing order

I'm entirely with you on this. Wave 1 single standard ship, dragonfolk, rune wights, no shipping. Feels bad. Locked in my first order within 10 minutes of the pledge manager opening. Did everything right to be at the head of the line, as far as I could. 😕

On a positive note my friend got his core set and the overgourd is FANTASTIC. I expected very little of it based on the drawing and it seeming to be a very niche halloween joke encounter.... but it's amazing. I'll totally find a reason to use it in my current campaign... next time they find themselves near a farm...

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Guess That means no suggestion of darts on a board::o:

This is how we have decided they are picking what to ship in Australia.

• Sad 2

I'm thrilled to have a community board where we can share ideas and enjoy our common hobby.  I love that Reaper invested in putting a forum like this out there for their customers to enjoy.  I love that they make themselves available to their customers.  I think it's rad they even set time away to put videos and expos together that help shine light on what they are doing.  

I said it before, and going for it again and I'm hoping a few positives can balance some of the negatives that's weighing this topic down lately.  Having a place to express the frustration is great.  Giving feedback is great, but if you continue to experience a problem, bring up an alternate solution.  So many things have changed in such a short period of time.  Expecting things to change and not be as planned, would be better than thinking this is what was planned from the beginning.  What if you found out this was the best they could do?   Would that change the outcome?  What if it got worse? 

Getting shipping out, and especially in the bulk quantities they are shipping, with the delays everywhere is experiencing, this is not a major problem.  Treat this like being a kid and having to wait to open that big gift on a holiday.  You know you're to get it eventually.  Sure, you gotta wait for everyone else to open up theirs, but when you get your shot - make it special and not pout about not getting to it right now.  What?  I have to wait for grandma to open hers and show it off first?  C'mon more i have to wait for the neighbors to open the fruitcake that they already know what it is before i can open mine?  So many people are getting to enjoy this. If you aren't yet, you will.  If you don't get that flushed feeling when the tracking shows up, or when you finally cut open that box, then maybe this ain't your thing.  Guess what?  That's okay!  It's okay to feel frustrated.  Having to wait a little for your box will "build character."  (Pun intended).  

Either way, if you're anxious that's a great thing.  It's human to feel it, but dude... say it once, get it out, then move on.  I challenge anyone in here to jump in and keep it enthused - wait for 3 negative posts and then someone has to come in with a positive.  I'm trying to make up ground for some of these that i read and was struck by.  I'm game for a 3:1 challenge.  

Patiently waiting for 3.... then it's sunshine and rainbows! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, R2ED said:

I'm thrilled to have a community board where we can share ideas and enjoy our common hobby.  I love that Reaper invested in putting a forum like this out there for their customers to enjoy.  I love that they make themselves available to their customers.  I think it's rad they even set time away to put videos and expos together that help shine light on what they are doing.  

I said it before, and going for it again and I'm hoping a few positives can balance some of the negatives that's weighing this topic down lately.  Having a place to express the frustration is great.  Giving feedback is great, but if you continue to experience a problem, bring up an alternate solution.  So many things have changed in such a short period of time.  Expecting things to change and not be as planned, would be better than thinking this is what was planned from the beginning.  What if you found out this was the best they could do?   Would that change the outcome?  What if it got worse? 

Getting shipping out, and especially in the bulk quantities they are shipping, with the delays everywhere is experiencing, this is not a major problem.  Treat this like being a kid and having to wait to open that big gift on a holiday.  You know you're to get it eventually.  Sure, you gotta wait for everyone else to open up theirs, but when you get your shot - make it special and not pout about not getting to it right now.  What?  I have to wait for grandma to open hers and show it off first?  C'mon more i have to wait for the neighbors to open the fruitcake that they already know what it is before i can open mine?  So many people are getting to enjoy this. If you aren't yet, you will.  If you don't get that flushed feeling when the tracking shows up, or when you finally cut open that box, then maybe this ain't your thing.  Guess what?  That's okay!  It's okay to feel frustrated.  Having to wait a little for your box will "build character."  (Pun intended).  

Either way, if you're anxious that's a great thing.  It's human to feel it, but dude... say it once, get it out, then move on.  I challenge anyone in here to jump in and keep it enthused - wait for 3 negative posts and then someone has to come in with a positive.  I'm trying to make up ground for some of these that i read and was struck by.  I'm game for a 3:1 challenge.  

Patiently waiting for 3.... then it's sunshine and rainbows! 

a more accurate version would be:

you each are given numbers for when to open your christmas gift. You got #1! Amazing!

But then they open #4. And then #10. And then #2. 

So you are sitting there with your #1 wondering what is going on, and why you've been passed over when you were told that you'd get yours sooner.

It boils down quite simply...we pledged in waves. We worked hard to get an earlier wave. We understand there were delays in our wave being shipped, but when things ARE in hand, we expected things to ship by wave again. It doesn't seem to be doing that, so naturally we are confused and anxious about why the order that we were supposed to be in appears to be thrown out.

We are not impatient children at christmas angry that grandma is getting her's first. We are adults who understood that there would be a order to things, and that order does not seem to be being followed. I'm sorry if we're raining on your happy parade, but we have waited patiently for the delayed container to appear, and had expected things to progress in the normal wave by wave order. 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@SirithilielYou worked hard to get into an early wave?   I do like your analogy of the gift thing. I smiled at that one.  "What the what!?  I had #1 and now it's someone else before #1?"  Totally get it.  Why even have waves, or lines, or anything priority based.  Totally get it. 

What I'm trying to figure out is why, if Reaper had already explained they are starting shipping with what they can, if it's a complete order, while they wait on the last container.  If they didn't start shipping some, it just delays not just the wave order but all orders.  It's like being at a store checkout, the lines are super backed up, they don't have enough staff for the surge, so they bring in another member to help at another station.  You're next in line, but you have that damn person paying with coupons and change in front of you, but your next in line.  The new line opens and who do they call over to the new line?  The person 3rd back.  Does it frustrate me?  A bit.  Using the scenario again, but this time i picked a line i thought was going to be faster, but it turns out the checker is brand new and taking double the time.  Then i see the other line, that i watched the person who was standing behind me go to, end up getting out faster.  Do i get frustrated?  Sure.   Because I'm buying more in groceries i should get out faster?  Because i was in line first i get checked out first?  It all depends on the other factors involved.  What I'm getting at is there are so many things we don't know about their business (Reaper), that we can't assume the why or what. But they also don't have to tell us.  They are moving the lines down, getting them done in an orderly fashion, but there is always a reason for doing it a way that they have chosen.  I'm sure it's far from perfect, but it's moving and they're probably syncing up how the next phase is going to go.  If compare what they are doing to a cruise ship vs a row boat getting turned around.  If this were non-covid (or post) times, then it would have been no big deal.  They are turning a cruise ship and it's going to be slow. 

I'm a late backer (did not work hard for it, just the money they are taking from me) and in the last Wave.  My investment in this is different than if i were an early bird.  I just pray that Wave 24 isn't holding coupons paying with change.  Please for the love of all things good, do not let me be behind the one with coupons. 

Many of us worked hard for our wave.

Some people took the day off work

We refreshed that page when the Kickstarter first launched

We got into wave 4, or wave 5. We then camped the Kickstarter page waiting for an opening in an earlier wave. I was originally wave 3, I managed to get a dropped wave 2

For us, we worked hard and we're patient to get a good wave. Then we waited two years for it. Then we waited weeks while our stuff was delayed due to the missing container. And now, when things should finally be going by order, it LOOKS like we have been passed over to ship waves later than ours 

Just saying, we do have reason to be confused and curious as to why this is. Waves and priority might be bad idea,but it is the idea we were sold and promised and it is the reason we are so 'negative'

Here is another analogy: 

You are in line for an awesome roller coaster. You waited your turn in the baking summer heat. You are next! 

Then they let a person in front of you..then they let more. And more. And more. And before you know it, you are way back in the line again, despite having patiently did your time waiting for your turn

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No one asked us to camp the waves; it wasn't like this Kickstarter was run with "early bird specials" like some are. I don't think I worked hard for my Wave 2 - my schedule worked out to be able to join in early once it started. If I was later, whatever - I've waited 2 years for this. The only scheduling related complaint is just needing to figure out when to camp the apartment door for delivery; whether or not that's Today or Ten Days From Now... that just doesn't matter. When we pledged we didn't expect a global plague to mangle... everything... and now that we're roughly on the other side, waiting a little longer? Meh.

I never considered the wave a promise. I don't think they were stated as such. They're at best a guideline. Perhaps they've outlived their usefulness, I don't know - perhaps there is something internal managing fulfillment that makes them useful. It would be great to know why things are out of order, but I still don't have a problem with this. Knowing would satiate a curiosity. That's all. We wouldn't be complaining to a restaurant that serves an easy table fast even though they sat down after us, if our difficult meal was still cooking, right?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

No one asked us to camp the waves; it wasn't like this Kickstarter was run with "early bird specials" like some are. I don't think I worked hard for my Wave 2 - my schedule worked out to be able to join in early once it started. If I was later, whatever - I've waited 2 years for this. The only scheduling related complaint is just needing to figure out when to camp the apartment door for delivery; whether or not that's Today or Ten Days From Now... that just doesn't matter. When we pledged we didn't expect a global plague to mangle... everything... and now that we're roughly on the other side, waiting a little longer? Meh.

I never considered the wave a promise. I don't think they were stated as such. They're at best a guideline. Perhaps they've outlived their usefulness, I don't know - perhaps there is something internal managing fulfillment that makes them useful. It would be great to know why things are out of order, but I still don't have a problem with this. Knowing would satiate a curiosity. That's all. We wouldn't be complaining to a restaurant that serves an easy table fast even though they sat down after us, if our difficult meal was still cooking, right?

I dont know.

All I know is that I am wave 2. I have a small order. I didn't get many things. I'm seeing lots of confusing things that don't make sense in what is normally a very orderly and efficient process, and now people calling us impatient children on the forums we use to try and talk about things because we are confused and wondering about it and chiding is for not being beaming positive people just because everyone else is having fun and we are spoiling it for them

Maybe it's time to step away from the forums again and just wait for my email 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Agreed to both of you. 

Just don't let yourself be frustrated by things you can't change.  Good to feel things, but don't let it consume you. 

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, haldir said:

Anyone got a shot of the Goroloth on a square grid with a human sized figure? I mainly want to see how they look together. I'm debating on getting the older Bones figure (the sturgeon-like one).

thanks

No email yet, but eh it'll come.

(wave 1, missing pretty much everything from the new container but the busts & Chronoscope if any) & I also have a regular ship.

lookie lookie what I found 😉 not my pics but I had just sent these from the FB groups to my gaming group as I was pretty impressed

image.png.fbc35750e65697770c3e950cf49435f8.png

image.thumb.png.3e81bc63f5ca502c6411b5ea46c7f1a5.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
7 hours ago, R2ED said:

@SirithilielYou worked hard to get into an early wave?  

So, obviously “work” in this case doesn’t mean hard labor or hours of paperwork, but yes, I would consider the effort involved in getting wave 1 was work. 

From my experience… the day the Kickstarter started, I took off from work. I forget the time the ks was supposed to start, but let’s call it 11:00 for this. So at 10, I had Kickstarter opened to reapers created page and was refreshing the page every so many minutes waiting for the start. At the same time, I had my labtop opened to the reaper forums and my. Well phone open to Facebook. Looking for any info and participating with the others in pre ks chat. 

when the ks page opened I grabbed a wave 1 right away then waited 45 minutes for my pledge to finally confirm that I had successfully pledged. I got lucky and despite having been there the first second managed a wave 1 at like backer # 668. I didn’t read the ks until after my pledge went through, I had backed on faith. That alone was 2 hours of time, but I spent the rest of the day here on the message boards, in the ks comments and texting my friends screens shots to pull them in as well. 

was this work? Maybe not in the traditional sense, but it did involve effort, took my time and a days worth of vacation time. 

I was only delayed 2 days this time, the thing that got me “a bit annoyed” was that I didn’t have any delaying items and they had in hand everything to fulfill my order, but skipped me. We were not told about the ups ship thing until the next day. So all I could see is they have my stuff but are serving others first. 

@Sirithiliel I think a lot of us understand your frustration. This is a friendly forum (for the most part) 🙂 I think expressing disappointment is fine, and no one has crossed any lines between being disappointed and being hateful or disrespectful. This is an “enthusiasm and commentary “ thread. It’s not a “positivity” thread. If there are valid concerns, this is the place for them. I am a reaper fan, and I know @Sirithiliel is as well (probably more so than most), but that does not mean we can’t express disappointment when we are disappointed. And “offering alternative suggestions” isn’t really realistic If the company isn’t really here to take those suggestions.  

• Like 5

MOD VOICE:

Reaper will be putting out information on Reaper live this afternoon. They will also be making a KS update tomorrow. 

I am well aware that Reaper live isn't everyone's optimal choice for getting information,  but it's what Reaper is choosing to use. 

Comments about the usefulness of Reaper live have no place in this thread and will be removed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

I dont know.

All I know is that I am wave 2. I have a small order. I didn't get many things. I'm seeing lots of confusing things that don't make sense in what is normally a very orderly and efficient process, and now people calling us impatient children on the forums we use to try and talk about things because we are confused and wondering about it and chiding is for not being beaming positive people just because everyone else is having fun and we are spoiling it for them

Maybe it's time to step away from the forums again and just wait for my email 

Don't feel too bad about it, I am Wave 2 with 3 ships (2 regular and 1 Ghost) and I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. I understand being curious why things aren't seeming to go in any specific order, but at this point they've only been sending orders for 11 days and have gone through over 10,000 US/ROW orders. I don't even remember exactly how long the first Bones kickstarter took to fulfill, but I don't think they were finished for the first Wave in any way after 11 days for that campaign.

Think of it this way: They had the order all lined up with wave when they started getting containers. They tried to wait it out for the last two, but decided they were going to start shipping without the stuff in the those containers (then one showed up when they were starting). So, you have a list of people who would have had their stuff right off the bat had the last container shown up on time suddenly thrown out of order. They finally got the container, but after running out of a couple items that were in other containers, but had the remainder in the last one. They really only had two options once the last one came in:

1. Stop EVERYTHING and go in and piecemeal together the wave orders again for ~6000 orders to ensure that wave order is strictly followed
  2. Continue fulfilling, letting the program they paid for to have developed spit out orders until they are done shipping them out

#1 would mean that you'd still be waiting, as would every single one of us that had stuff waiting for the last container. Have you ever tried to pull data out of a database and had to clean it up with stuff that's already done and then refactor everything based on a new set of requirements? It's NOT a fast process, especially if you don't want to screw it up and make things worse. #2 ensures that they hit every order, and do so in a way that's still organized and using the same requirements that the system was built in with, and there are people who have their orders right now who would still be waiting if they tried to go back to being perfect with the waves. They had a plan for how this would work, and they're sticking to it, which is faster for all of us to get our stuff than trying to pivot mid-fufillment just to keep things in a wave order.

Hopefully that doesn't come across as combative, not my intent. This is a logistical nightmare for them, and it can be frustrating to have to wait, but it's not really that much longer of a delay. Just like anything else in life, a bit of perspective helps to alleviate anxiety. We've all been through a rough past year, some worse than others, and the fact that Reaper is only a little bit delayed due to all of it, including with the container fiasco is a bit amazing in my own humble opinion. If we get to the end, and you STILL don't have your stuff and haven't gotten tracking notice that will be the time to make sure they know and try to figure out what's going on. Getting yourself worked up right now over it isn't going to make your stuff show up any faster, and it's not going to help your mood nor your blood pressure, so why get worked up over it? --ETA: This last statement isn't directed at you specifically, Sirithiliel, it's more of an in general thought.

Edited by bojesphob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3