Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

[email protected] for missing things. They mentioned something about the dice tonight on the stream but someone else will have to say what, I wasn't exactly paying full attention during that part.

6 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

How do we contact them about missing parts? I got no dice in mine.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They talked about it during Reaper Live.  The Sophie's Lucky dice were not added to all orders that included a Core Set box.  They were supposed to be inside the Core Set box, but for some reason weren't, so were supposed to be added to the Core Set orders.  It sounded to me like they ran short on that item because they said they'd need to order more to cover the ones they could not send out.  It did not cause them to hold any orders back, however.  They also said they had put aside enough of the dice for those who bought them as a separate item.  They expect those missing their dice to report the error at the usual email.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

I've been checking my order history, no go for me. Maybe end of next week

Thanks for the summary.

Ditto on all that.  Vaguely relieving knowing there's no chance of it shipping tomorrow, looks like I'll pin my hopes on next weekend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

So I asked this question TWICE on LIVE, and no response so I am asking here:

Can we please get a page with all the bones 5 stuff showing pictures like we did on bones 4? It would help greatly to inventory our stuff, especially NONE of the power ups are on Kickstarter AND they are NOT in PM 5.5

Also, will Bust collection come to retail seeing as it is not in PM 5.5, which I assume was because it was not popular?

@Reaper_Jonand @Reaper Ron can you help on this? Thanks.

Questions asked on Reaper Live are not guaranteed to be answered during the show; we average around 450 viewers on each show, they answer what they see but often things get missed. I try to bridge that gap if I know the answer to a question but there's a lot going on. Your questions are not being skipped intentionally, they just didn't see them and I don't have pictures so I couldn't answer it, just as I can't answer your question about the bust collection.

However, I can provide you with links to a spreadsheet that a couple of users on the Discord compiled that may be helpful to you or someone else, these are for a Bones V Quick Glance Inventory. First is the MAC Numbers version made by Timestitcher: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/631166843381612544/832431825695014952/Bones_V_KS_Quick_Glance_Inventory.numbers

And then Dumbgeon Master converted it to Excel: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/631166843381612544/832645189389778964/Bones_V_KS_Quick_Glance_Inventory.xls

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

Checked the email on a lark tonight...Twenty-some pounds of Bones should be here...soonTM.  Much sooner than I had anticipated.

No boats, no busts, but I absolutely had the Rune Wights.

What Wave was I?  You, uh, you don't want to know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

UPS seems to alternate between saying "check back at a later date for a delivery time" and "it's coming tomorrow!", but despite this, I still took a detour on a fb marketplace pickup and stopped by the only local store that consistently carries reaper miniatures... to buy more miniatures.

I'm getting 24.50 pounds of Reaper miniatures, possibly as early as tomorrow, but I bought more today anyway.

My excuse is that they were townsfolk only, which I solely lack in, and I was mostly there to get some inks for the translucent minis I'll have soon.

• Like 10

For some context I was a late backer in the U.S., and ordered a few of the boxed sets (Daimyo, Greek Odyssey, Dark Depths, and Fan Favorites) and a handful of other options (Storm Giant, Elemental Scions, Dragonborn, Goroloth, Yokai, Constructs [from the Core Box], and henchwomen). Seems like they had the box all ready to go and placed the Dragonborn right on top once it came in. 

I know there's been a number of harsher reactions, and people certainly are free to have that. I think so long as Reaper continues to run Kickstarters that deliver everything promised, and so long as that promise is really good miniatures at a big discount, they're going to keep being successful regardless of whatever imperfections their processes have. Strong voices can in frustration or in earnestness try to tell Reaper what they have to do to be successful at their business, but I think they're doing their work well. Bones 6 will be proof either way.

On initial look, my favorite miniatures is probably the chicken swarm. It's just so unique and fun, and so many interesting ways it could be thrown into a gaming situation. Least favorite (though still good) for me are the Greek pillars, but only because I wouldn't have minded a couple more Greek monsters or heroes instead.

My own wish list (which is just a personal wish list, not what may make sense for Reaper) to do in future Kickstarters would be the following:

-Fairytale-themed set for games than lean on some old fashioned Disney movies and/or nursery rhymes

-Nobility/Courtly intrigue miniatures/set. Dashing nobles, princes and princesses, masquerade, musicians, etc.

-Beasts/polymorph to fill in some of the more common animals PCs polymorph into, and maybe some other random fun beasts not yet in the Reaper catalog.

-More sets themed on different places in the world. Like the Greek Odyssey and Daimyo for this, and hope to see other mythologies tackled.

Regardless, overall very happy I joined in on Bones 5.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Peacemonger said:

For some context I was a late backer in the U.S., and ordered a few of the boxed sets (Daimyo, Greek Odyssey, Dark Depths, and Fan Favorites) and a handful of other options (Storm Giant, Elemental Scions, Dragonborn, Goroloth, Yokai, Constructs [from the Core Box], and henchwomen). Seems like they had the box all ready to go and placed the Dragonborn right on top once it came in. 

I know there's been a number of harsher reactions, and people certainly are free to have that. I think so long as Reaper continues to run Kickstarters that deliver everything promised, and so long as that promise is really good miniatures at a big discount, they're going to keep being successful regardless of whatever imperfections their processes have. Strong voices can in frustration or in earnestness try to tell Reaper what they have to do to be successful at their business, but I think they're doing their work well. Bones 6 will be proof either way.

On initial look, my favorite miniatures is probably the chicken swarm. It's just so unique and fun, and so many interesting ways it could be thrown into a gaming situation. Least favorite (though still good) for me are the Greek pillars, but only because I wouldn't have minded a couple more Greek monsters or heroes instead.

My own wish list (which is just a personal wish list, not what may make sense for Reaper) to do in future Kickstarters would be the following:

-Fairytale-themed set for games than lean on some old fashioned Disney movies and/or nursery rhymes

-Nobility/Courtly intrigue miniatures/set. Dashing nobles, princes and princesses, masquerade, musicians, etc.

-Beasts/polymorph to fill in some of the more common animals PCs polymorph into, and maybe some other random fun beasts not yet in the Reaper catalog.

-More sets themed on different places in the world. Like the Greek Odyssey and Daimyo for this, and hope to see other mythologies tackled.

Regardless, overall very happy I joined in on Bones 5.

I like your wishlist. I think that there is another forums thread for wishlist items - Reaper pulls ideas from that one. Enter these ideas in there!

• Like 2

I'm wondering if the wave order thing is further screwing up in the database due to order numbers and/or the sheer number of them for some of us combined with all the resets?

For example, I placed 22 orders in the pledge manager, with my first being order #458 when I locked in my pledge on 12 Dec 19, and my last being #29528 on 29 Jan 21.  The two missing items I had were in orders 10120 & 13264.  If the resets are somehow referencing the wrong order numbers, it could really mess with things. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Peacemonger said:

I like all of these - I know a lot of people during the active campaign and afterwards were talking about a Norse expansion for Bones 6 and I'd be behind that! That suggestion was very popular - I think Aztec and Egyptian was also brought up - I wouldn't mind an Indian one or even a mix of different Aboriginal themes from across the world; there are some interesting things in those stories. It would be nice to see some fantasy/myth stuff that wasn't just so European-centric.

Just now, kristof65 said:

I'm wondering if the wave order thing is further screwing up in the database due to order numbers and/or the sheer number of them for some of us combined with all the resets?

For example, I placed 22 orders in the pledge manager, with my first being order #458 when I locked in my pledge on 12 Dec 19, and my last being #29528 on 29 Jan 21.  The two missing items I had were in orders 10120 & 13264.  If the resets are somehow referencing the wrong order numbers, it could really mess with things. 

I believe - when the software is cooperating - that they go by your wave number, not your order numbers. I don't think order numbers have ever been something Reaper looks at; so many people do multiple orders. I just went and counted, and I did 11 in the end! 😁  My last one was on the 7th of January, 2021 and was order #28,575. I think that might be a bit too complex for them to take into consideration... its just easier for them to bundle things under the waves.

... also I could have sworn I was wave 12, but the PM is telling me I am wave 9. I guess that's why it went out a little sooner then I expected.

• Like 2