Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

13 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, there are talks internally about the waves ETC. Next project we will most likely not have waves, and will have something else. We will talk about this more in the future after KS and before the next project. Just wanted to let everyone know that we hear you and we are actively talking internally about ways to fix things and look at other problems that could occur to mitigate that before it happens for next time. 

Thanks for the pic!  I do hope Reaper pursues the bust concept further, as I know they were something that made a number of people rather happy!

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Thanks for the pic!  I do hope Reaper pursues the bust concept further, as I know they were something that made a number of people rather happy!

I hope these turn out well and that they go to retail. Bust painting is intimidating to get into, especially because the larger display figures tend to be quite pricey. Bones busts could be a great niche for starter busts to help people decide if they like the style of painting. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ttuckerman said:

No that if they are not in 5.5 they would retail before 5.5 ships, ie 2021

From KS Update #131:

Limited Items: not everything from the Bones 5 Kickstarter is available.  If you don't see an item, it will be available at retail in 2022.”

43 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Next project we will most likely not have waves, and will have something else. 

I've been wondering about that, and thinking about various alternatives.   No matter what alternatives I can think of, it seems like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario, no matter what option you choose.  For example, as Ed pointed out, B1 w/o Waves had thousands of people clamoring "Where's my stuff!"  B5's sensible decision to forego wave order in order to start shipping asap while waiting on the container is having it's own problems. 

I can't think of any sorting option that would both be fair and doesn't create B5 type problems if something like a missing container or running out of an item happens again. 

Heck, at this point, you might as well just sort by state, and ship one state at a time in alphabetical order.  At least then you would know there are only a couple dozen people in Wyoming you'd be pissing off. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 7
  • Super Administrators
1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

I've been wondering about that, and thinking about various alternatives.   No matter what alternatives I can think of, it seems like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario, no matter what option you choose.  For example, as Ed pointed out, B1 w/o Waves had thousands of people clamoring "Where's my stuff!"  B5's sensible decision to forego wave order in order to start shipping asap while waiting on the container is having it's own problems. 

I can't think of any sorting option that would both be fair and doesn't create B5 type problems if something like a missing container or running out of an item happens again. 

Heck, at this point, you might as well just sort by state, and ship one state at a time in alphabetical order.  At least then you would know there are only a couple dozen people in Wyoming you'd be pissing off. 

This is true. There are "problems" no matter how we do it. But I think we have a decent way of doing it in the future we hope. We are looking at it from many angles to see if it will have the least amount of problems ETC. 

• Like 12
20 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I hope these turn out well and that they go to retail. Bust painting is intimidating to get into, especially because the larger display figures tend to be quite pricey. Bones busts could be a great niche for starter busts to help people decide if they like the style of painting. 

Same.  Far too many busts start around the 40 Euro mark, which makes a lot of people nope right out of that.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

This is true. There are "problems" no matter how we do it. But I think we have a decent way of doing it in the future we hope. We are looking at it from many angles to see if it will have the least amount of problems ETC. 

I said the states thing as a joke, but now that I think about it, you could do a Reaper live thing a couple of weeks before you start shipping to announce your shipping order - put all fifty states, the Canadian provinces/territories and the various countries you ship from Denton all in a raffle drum, and pull them out to determine the order. 

Then for that particular show, also do a #free drawing where 5 lucky viewers get theirs shipped first. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I said the states thing as a joke, but now that I think about it, you could do a Reaper live thing a couple of weeks before you start shipping to announce your shipping order - put all fifty states, the Canadian provinces/territories and the various countries you ship from Denton all in a raffle drum, and pull them out to determine the order. 

Then for that particular show, also do a #free drawing where 5 lucky viewers get theirs shipped first. 

I KNOW ITS IMPOSSIBLE  But in an ideal world. Don't tell anyone a specific date . Box up All orders.  Then ship out staggered so everyone gets theirs on the same day ...YES Im being silly  

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Roth Naug said:

Just curious, what items were in the "last" container? 

Shavynra dragon, busts, campground scenics, rune wights, and dragonfolk

i could be missing one or two

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, amuller33 said:

I KNOW ITS IMPOSSIBLE  But in an ideal world. Don't tell anyone a specific date . Box up All orders.  Then ship out staggered so everyone gets theirs on the same day ...YES Im being silly  

Time on target target Kickstarters?  Maybe with Amazon's help.

• Like 3