Jump to content

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:


image.png

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Also, there are talks internally about the waves ETC. Next project we will most likely not have waves, and will have something else. We will talk about this more in the future after KS and before the next project. Just wanted to let everyone know that we hear you and we are actively talking internally about ways to fix things and look at other problems that could occur to mitigate that before it happens for next time. 

Thanks for the pic!  I do hope Reaper pursues the bust concept further, as I know they were something that made a number of people rather happy!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Thanks for the pic!  I do hope Reaper pursues the bust concept further, as I know they were something that made a number of people rather happy!

 

I hope these turn out well and that they go to retail. Bust painting is intimidating to get into, especially because the larger display figures tend to be quite pricey. Bones busts could be a great niche for starter busts to help people decide if they like the style of painting. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ttuckerman said:

No that if they are not in 5.5 they would retail before 5.5 ships, ie 2021


From KS Update #131:

 

Limited Items: not everything from the Bones 5 Kickstarter is available.  If you don't see an item, it will be available at retail in 2022.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

 Next project we will most likely not have waves, and will have something else. 

I've been wondering about that, and thinking about various alternatives.   No matter what alternatives I can think of, it seems like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario, no matter what option you choose.  For example, as Ed pointed out, B1 w/o Waves had thousands of people clamoring "Where's my stuff!"  B5's sensible decision to forego wave order in order to start shipping asap while waiting on the container is having it's own problems. 

I can't think of any sorting option that would both be fair and doesn't create B5 type problems if something like a missing container or running out of an item happens again. 

Heck, at this point, you might as well just sort by state, and ship one state at a time in alphabetical order.  At least then you would know there are only a couple dozen people in Wyoming you'd be pissing off. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Administrators
1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

I've been wondering about that, and thinking about various alternatives.   No matter what alternatives I can think of, it seems like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario, no matter what option you choose.  For example, as Ed pointed out, B1 w/o Waves had thousands of people clamoring "Where's my stuff!"  B5's sensible decision to forego wave order in order to start shipping asap while waiting on the container is having it's own problems. 

I can't think of any sorting option that would both be fair and doesn't create B5 type problems if something like a missing container or running out of an item happens again. 

Heck, at this point, you might as well just sort by state, and ship one state at a time in alphabetical order.  At least then you would know there are only a couple dozen people in Wyoming you'd be pissing off. 


This is true. There are "problems" no matter how we do it. But I think we have a decent way of doing it in the future we hope. We are looking at it from many angles to see if it will have the least amount of problems ETC. 
 

 

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

I hope these turn out well and that they go to retail. Bust painting is intimidating to get into, especially because the larger display figures tend to be quite pricey. Bones busts could be a great niche for starter busts to help people decide if they like the style of painting. 

Same.  Far too many busts start around the 40 Euro mark, which makes a lot of people nope right out of that.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:


This is true. There are "problems" no matter how we do it. But I think we have a decent way of doing it in the future we hope. We are looking at it from many angles to see if it will have the least amount of problems ETC. 
 

 

I said the states thing as a joke, but now that I think about it, you could do a Reaper live thing a couple of weeks before you start shipping to announce your shipping order - put all fifty states, the Canadian provinces/territories and the various countries you ship from Denton all in a raffle drum, and pull them out to determine the order. 

Then for that particular show, also do a #free drawing where 5 lucky viewers get theirs shipped first. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I said the states thing as a joke, but now that I think about it, you could do a Reaper live thing a couple of weeks before you start shipping to announce your shipping order - put all fifty states, the Canadian provinces/territories and the various countries you ship from Denton all in a raffle drum, and pull them out to determine the order. 

Then for that particular show, also do a #free drawing where 5 lucky viewers get theirs shipped first. 

I KNOW ITS IMPOSSIBLE  But in an ideal world. Don't tell anyone a specific date . Box up All orders.  Then ship out staggered so everyone gets theirs on the same day ...YES Im being silly  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Roth Naug said:

Just curious, what items were in the "last" container? 

 

Shavynra dragon, busts, campground scenics, rune wights, and dragonfolk

 

i could be missing one or two

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, amuller33 said:

I KNOW ITS IMPOSSIBLE  But in an ideal world. Don't tell anyone a specific date . Box up All orders.  Then ship out staggered so everyone gets theirs on the same day ...YES Im being silly  

 

Time on target target Kickstarters?  Maybe with Amazon's help.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Grumpy Gnome
      Another “large collection of miniatures” kickstarters, reminiscent of the recent Blacklist Games Fantasy kickstarters.

      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nextlevelminiatures/next-level-miniatures-dragons-hoard-miniatures-vol-1/

      I am tempted, even though it covers a lot of things we already have.
       
    • By Cranky Dog
      Right on the heels of their last shipped campaign, Midlam Miniatures is back. After several years of halflings, the gnomes are back!
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/gnomes-a-class-of-their-own
       

       





       
      Also available in different pledge combos, two of the older campaigns:
       
      I already own this one from 2018 (Common - Garden Gnomes):

       
      Royal Court of the Common (Garden) Gnomes (2019):

       
    • By Inarah
      "5e campaign setting featuring new awakened animals as playable species, new classes, new subclasses and a host of one-shot ideas"
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-the-faraway-sea
       
      Launching July 20th. 
    • By Inarah
      Introducing the Ganorn, a full squad of 10 traditionally-sculpted resin miniatures in 28-32mm scale. 
       

       

       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/32mmscifidinos/32mm-resin-sci-fi-dinosaurs-introducing-the-ganorn?
       
       
    • By Marvin
      Pixies, Wyrms, Demonicity – Three Mini Role-Playing Games
       
      Three ready-for-adventure mini-game boxed sets for your RPG game night, featuring the Tri-Stat System used in BESM Fourth Edition RPG.
       

       
      If you're looking for role-playing games that are concise enough to crack open and start playing right away, yet sufficiently robust and evocative to support longer campaign play as well, you've come to the right place.
       
       
      Welcome to the Kickstarter for the first three Tri-Stat System Mini-Game Boxed Sets – a new line of compact and complete role-playing adventure games that are compatible with Dyskami Publishing's flagship BESM Fourth Edition anime and manga RPG. Tri-Stat System creator Mark MacKinnon has distilled and customised the complete system into distinct streamlined versions for each of the three adventure games – targeting their specific genres and background settings in easy-to-understand boxed sets.
       
      Pixies, Wyrms, and Demonicity – it's time for your next great role-playing adventure!
       

       
      Pixies, Wyrms, and Demonicity – These boxed set RPGs are games of adventure, exploration, battle, heroism, romance, and imagination. Yet unlike in a traditional board game, the possibilities for exploration and action in these role-playing game are endless.
       
      Each of the three role-playing adventure games contains the following components:
       
      a 32-page full-colour rulebook that gives your group everything you need to play, with sections on character abilities, magical spells/paranormal powers, weapons and equipment, enemy encounters, items and equipment, and guidelines for integrating the Tri-Stat System game with the compatible BESM Fourth Edition RPG
      6 brief story scenarios so you can start playing adventures right away
      6 pre-generated player character sheet handouts, with game stats and illustration
      4 custom-etched dice specific to that boxed set
       
      You can pledge for one, two, or all three of these boxed sets during the Kickstarter.
       
      ...
       
      I know know nothing about these creators or the system, but I decided to back for Pixies entirely because of that picture of the corgi. 👀
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...