Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

16 minutes ago, DocPiske said:

Wave 1 and my ship has not yet come in... 🤪

i think at this point, the waves are just completely scrambled and they'll get to us when they get to us sadly

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

I've been wondering about that, and thinking about various alternatives.   No matter what alternatives I can think of, it seems like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario, no matter what option you choose.  For example, as Ed pointed out, B1 w/o Waves had thousands of people clamoring "Where's my stuff!"  B5's sensible decision to forego wave order in order to start shipping asap while waiting on the container is having it's own problems. 

I can't think of any sorting option that would both be fair and doesn't create B5 type problems if something like a missing container or running out of an item happens again. 

Heck, at this point, you might as well just sort by state, and ship one state at a time in alphabetical order.  At least then you would know there are only a couple dozen people in Wyoming you'd be pissing off. 

Yeah, I was going to bring up the first  Bones Kickstarter and how that led to them using waves.  The contrast between how easy it is to convince people to put up money for something more than a year away and how painful it is to wait a week  or two at the end is an interesting part of Kickstarter psychology.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Reaper_Jon said:

I'm sorry i didn't see your question on live last night. I do no know if the bust will be coming to retail, but I can say that they arn't in the 5.5 PM because they didnt sell to well during the initial KS. The retail question is so far out that I dont know what will be released and when at this point, But I will do my best to keep asking and have a list of things to see if we can compile it to say "Yes retail" or No Retail" ETC. At this juncture I don't think any higher up decisions have been made regarding that. 

And any chance to get the images like we had for bones 4? That would help. 

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

I hope these turn out well and that they go to retail. Bust painting is intimidating to get into, especially because the larger display figures tend to be quite pricey. Bones busts could be a great niche for starter busts to help people decide if they like the style of painting. 

There are a lot of 3D patreons that offer busts, so there is that:)

• Like 2

It must be some kind of curse. Mr Bones is mad because he only got a two panel cameo in this one, and is jealous of Sophie getting all the love. Give love to Mr Bones to get your minis.

6 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

The Reaper KS broke Kickstarter AND UPS LOL

Hopefully, the Chinese factory was not in Wuhan province, or we might have a hand in that too. Do we get extra points if we broke the WORLD?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
2 hours ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Also, there are talks internally about the waves ETC. Next project we will most likely not have waves, and will have something else. We will talk about this more in the future after KS and before the next project. Just wanted to let everyone know that we hear you and we are actively talking internally about ways to fix things and look at other problems that could occur to mitigate that before it happens for next time. 

I don't think waves are inherently bad, there just needs to be better tracking within the database that allows you to re-order properly if circumstances like we've had this time occur again. While disappointing a container was late, I didn't have an issue with people who did not have delayed items getting their stuff. 

The part that burns me a bit is that when the container made it in, despite tales of starting over at the top with all the set aside orders, that appeared not to have happened. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

The contrast between how easy it is to convince people to put up money for something more than a year away and how painful it is to wait a week  or two at the end is an interesting part of Kickstarter psychology.

Very true. 

Like everyone else, I'm so antsy to get mine.  I was hoping mine would ship today (wave 2), but the fire marshal news messed that up, and now I have to go a whole 'nother weekend before it might.   I have to keep reminding myself that I've waited nearly two years already, another few days won't kill me. 

19 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Give love to Mr Bones to get your minis.

Well crap. I'm not sure which box my Mr Bones is at the bottom of. :lol:

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, Dicey said:

This, exactly.

mhm

i understand delayed container moving us back in line

i understand database issues may have kept us at the back of the line

i understand fire marshal and safety measures means we need to be pushed back another week

doesn't mean i have to be happy about it

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, Dicey said:

This, exactly.

14 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

mhm

i understand delayed container moving us back in line

i understand database issues may have kept us at the back of the line

i understand fire marshal and safety measures means we need to be pushed back another week

doesn't mean i have to be happy about it

On the other hand, if they had waited until they had everything in hand before starting fulfillment, how many people that did not have the "items of doom" would be upset at this point? I seem to remember this happening in an earlier Bones KS, and people were asking that they just ship the orders they could. Seems like no matter which way they went on this one, a lot of people would get upset. I think they made the best decision they could under the circumstances, and I will try to be patient in the interim. I do not doubt they ran a database scan to see how many orders would be affected before they made the décision to ship what they could, and took the route that would disappoint the least number of backers. There are many reasons why I have given Reaper literally thousands of dollars for their products over the years. Foremost among these is customer service. G(reedy) W(ankers) could really learn a lesson here, as could (no)CMON.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 2