Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

I'm not upset that they skipped my order to get the ones they could fulfill out the door while waiting on the container. I'm not really even upset at all. It's just that they've stated that they were going to start over at the beginning with Wave 1 outstanding orders when the container arrived and go in Wave order for everything that was left... except, that's not what's happening. If they had done been able to accomplish what they intended, I would have no problems at all with how anything has gone.

• Like 6
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

On the other hand, if they had waited until they had everything in hand before starting fulfillment, how many people that did not have the "items of doom" would be upset at this point? I seem to remember this happening in an earlier Bones KS, and people were asking that they just ship the orders they could. Seems like no matter which way they went on this one, a lot of people would get upset. I think they made the best decision they could under the circumstances, and I will try to be patient in the interim. I do not doubt they ran a database scan to see how many orders would be affected before they made the décision to ship what they could, and took the route that would disappoint the least number of backers. There are many reasons why I have given Reaper literally thousands of dollars for their products over the years. Foremost among these is customer service. G(reedy) W(ankers) could really learn a lesson here, as could (no)CMON.

The issue isn't them shipping people's items when waiting for the delayed items

It's that AFTER those delayed items came in, the order was still messed up despite us being told they were starting with delayed wave 1 orders

Yes yes we will get our items eventually. Yes yes it's not their fault

Knowing that isn't going to stop some of us for feeling disappointed that we are at the end of the line instead of at the first like we were supposed to be. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Dicey said:

I'm not upset that they skipped my order to get the ones they could fulfill out the door while waiting on the container. I'm not really even upset at all. It's just that they've stated that they were going to start over at the beginning with Wave 1 outstanding orders when the container arrived and go in Wave order for everything that was left... except, that's not what's happening. If they had done been able to accomplish what they intended, I would have no problems at all with how anything has gone.

I think the Fire Marshall situation had a hand in that as well. Wait and see where things are Wednesday next week. I think we will be pleased. I expect to see my order by the end of the month, we are 3 months out from the estimated fulfillment date, and considering the last two years events, that is actually doing pretty good. If you really have a "jones for Bones", you are only 5 hours out from Denton. Road trip time, maybe? I know I would.

Edited by Skallabjorn
spelling
  • Like 1
Just now, Skallabjorn said:

I think the Fire Marshall situation had a hand in that as well.

I disagree. The wave order issue seemed to start on Tuesday and only became clearer as time went on and later and larger waves kept getting notices but not earlier waves. They had 3 fulfillment days where this was likely going on before the Fire Marshall came in.

2 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

you are only 5 hours out from Denton. Road trip time, maybe? I know I would.

You realize that they do not allow people to pick up kickstarter orders, right? Everyone has to wait for shipment, even if they lived next door.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dicey said:

I disagree. The wave order issue seemed to start on Tuesday and only became clearer as time went on and later and larger waves kept getting notices but not earlier waves. They had 3 fulfillment days where this was likely going on before the Fire Marshall came in.

You realize that they do not allow people to pick up kickstarter orders, right? Everyone has to wait for shipment, even if they lived next door.

Nah, I was just talking about a retail shopping trip for stuff from Bones 1-4, plus maybe one of their tours.

• Like 1

By the by, please do not think I am saying that you have no right to be disappointed. Hell, I'm disappointed. Just trying to help with a little perspective.

Store isn't open. I've done the tour. I'll probably do it again in September.

WTF? Not open on a Saturday? My stony dwarven heart breaks. I envy you being so much closer than I am. I just do not think my wife would accept a move to Texas, just for the sake of me being closer to the source of my PVCrack, though.

Edited by Skallabjorn
clarity
  • Like 2

Here is a nightmarish thought. Imagine if there is a Reaper employee, who in good faith supported the Kickstarter, got an early wave, and is sitting there pulling everyone else's orders while waiting for theirs to come up.

• Sad 2
8 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Here is a nightmarish thought. Imagine if there is a Reaper employee, who in good faith supported the Kickstarter, got an early wave, and is sitting there pulling everyone else's orders while waiting for theirs to come up.

It's happened before. I know there were employees who got Bones packages delivered as they couldn't pick theirs up either.

Well I placed my order for that old Bones Goroloth sculpt. It should be here early next week. Mainly just didn't want to wait on Kickstarter stuff to fulfill & ship on this one. Frustrating, but eh, it was an extra 5 or 6 bucks added to an existing order. No worries. 

Since I really didn't have anything to print for RCon games, I went ahead & printed the catoblepas I had in the que. Figured if this one prints (some reason, print-creature from hell....) I have a choice between the 2 to use.

(decided to see when I locked my first order in & it was 12-14-19, again Wave 1 (but at this point, who

• Like 3

RE: waves

Maybe just larger waves would be the way to go. Like, expand that first wave to cover what was the first ~3 or so. And scale it on back from there. More happy people at launch; more maneuverability at fulfillment; still maintains tiers for shipment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was Wave 5.  I see that I received the commercial packaging of the Wrights

Anyway, my pledge arrived today.  My 14yr old niece was over because my sister dropped her off so she could do some errands alone and she helped me unpack.

At 30lbs, mine seems large to me but sounds small compared to some of the responses I have seen with people having 79lb orders and multiple boxes.  My wife asked me "I thought you said it was a small order?", I said "it is, you should see what others ordered".  She was not buying it, she did a heal pivot and walked away while giving my niece's hair a tousle and telling her to "take your uncle home with you when you leave because I do not want him in the house anymore" -- many giggles ensued from my niece and even the dog gave her a sharp bark.

I believe the Learn to Paint Kit is well done.  The new booklet reads very well.  The 12 miniatures they included all look good. 

I gave one of the kits to my niece since it was for her anyway and she dug into it and it gave her something to do that she likes to do anyway which is paint.  She started on Tristan and had it almost complete before my sister arrived.  She was very happy with the LTPK.  I had given her lessons before and this was not her first miniature. I set her up on my wet pallet and she dived in without fear.  I tried to help but she said "I got this" so I just sat back and unpacked the other miniatures.  She texted me that she wanted to have a zoom call later so she can show me the finished figure.  I wish she would do her school work with the same passion.  Anyway, a very happy customer.

I believe for all the paints and miniatures you are getting it is an excellent kit they put together and makes for a great present.  Now I wish I had purchased more than 3.  Too bad they are not available for B 5.5.

I guess my Friday night will be spent checking out my new figures and figuring out how to store them all especially the multipart figures.

Hope everyone else gets their box of joy soon.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

mhm

i understand delayed container moving us back in line

i understand database issues may have kept us at the back of the line

i understand fire marshal and safety measures means we need to be pushed back another week

doesn't mean i have to be happy about it

Exactly my thoughts. 

And I'm tired of people who already got theirs trying to tell me what to think or feel. 

1 hour ago, Skallabjorn said:

On the other hand, if they had waited until they had everything in hand before starting fulfillment, how many people that did not have the "items of doom" would be upset at this point? I seem to remember this happening in an earlier Bones KS, and people were asking that they just ship the orders they could. Seems like no matter which way they went on this one, a lot of people would get upset. I think they made the best decision they could under the circumstances, and I will try to be patient in the interim. I do not doubt they ran a database scan to see how many orders would be affected before they made the décision to ship what they could, and took the route that would disappoint the least number of backers. There are many reasons why I have given Reaper literally thousands of dollars for their products over the years. Foremost among these is customer service. G(reedy) W(ankers) could really learn a lesson here, as could (no)CMON.

I have no issue with them starting with what they had and getting the smaller orders out of the way in order to keep the shipping contracts in place. It made sense and I waited my turn.   Nobody is upset about that.  But we were told that when that container arrived those of us who were waiting would get sorted back into the line.  That didn't happen.  People in waves 5-15 and Late Backers started getting shipping notices while a whole lot of Wave 1 and 2 backers were asking WTF was going on.  "We immediately went back and refreshed our order pulling list so that any backers with the Missing Items of Doom were put back at the top. " was what we were told in the Update on Wed.  It's clear that's not what happened.  Reaper employees have also stated they have no idea how the orders are being sorted or which waves they are pulling.  Those of us in Waves 1-2 are still asking what happened to our orders. 

FWIW, I've been giving Reaper my money since they started in 1992 with a home-made plywood table at a local Dallas con.  I just want to know why my stuff didn't get shipped like they said it would.  

As for Waves, if they can't control what order the tickets get printed in, then do away with them.  They can organize it internally however it works for them, but don't tell us it will ship in Wave Order or by Backer Number or whatever if there's no way to determine that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Kickstarter update #133: EU Shipping Begins; New Adds for Reaper Pledge Manager

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/reaper-miniatures-bones-5-escape-from-pizza-dungeon/posts/3249084

Hello Backers!

Just a few quick updates to get you through the weekend.

US Fulfillment has been temporarily halted as we make some adjustments to our warehouse at the request of the County Fire Marshall. We expect that these changes will only take a day or two; we expect to be back and pulling the last of the orders Tuesday or Wednesday of next week once we are up to code.

EU Shipping has begun! Even with a smaller crew and space, the orders are flowing out the door. Next week our EU/UK team expects to ramp their shipping up even further.

AU Shipping is about 33% done at this point. The Aetherworx team is getting orders out daily, so keep your eyes open for your shipping notices.

New Power-Ups

We did say that we weren't adding new items to the reopened Reaper Pledge Manager, but maybe this isn't entirely true. Today, we added Power-Up Options for those of you wishing to add extra cannons to your Sophie's Revenge and Storm Wraith ships (commonly known as "pirate ship" and "ghost pirate ship"). $10 for 10 cannons, injected in either glow in the dark plastic or gray plastic. You can find them in the Reaper Pledge Manager.

fe1f05333341bf2b1574bbeffbd3ceef_original.jpg.bdcaf8d836e6196efa256c286e0c01ff.jpg

9a8a41590e13178f8368f23dd795f9e3_original.jpg.558349a0c8638bd4bbebba417f6658d4.jpg

Pledge Manager Re-Opened - Second-Chance Summer

We have re-opened the Reaper Pledge Manager for Bones 5! This is the last chance for anyone who missed the Kickstarter to get Bones 5 products at Kickstarter pricing.

Bones 5 Backers who did not finalize their pledges: please log into the Reaper Pledge Manager and finalize your Bones 5 order that you pledged for in 2019.

Anyone else: you MUST create a new account (old account log-in information will *not* work) and choose whatever you want. Forgot to order a Dark Depths Expansion? Now's your chance. Missed that dragon? Go get it now. Tell all your friends that missed out on Bones 5!

The Reaper Pledge Manager will only be open for a limited time. Right now that window looks like 90 days.

ALL ORDERS from this re-opening will ship in early 2022.

Limited Items: not everything from the Bones 5 Kickstarter is available.  If you don't see an item, it will be available at retail in 2022.

As always, we appreciate you guys sooo very much! Have a great weekend!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Some initial reactions as I do my inventory.

1. Why the heck did I buy soooo much plastic?

2. I have been painting the remains of my Bones 2 hoard and the increase in quality and detail is amazing. Seriously just ask Yephima.

3. While there are many minis with pesky bits to glue there are a LOT that do not. TBH I'll probably paint the ones that don't need assembly first..

4 The pirate ship is cool. Making it glow in dark... cooler. Can anyone suggest GItD paint for me to paint a ghost crew?

5. Lotsa of dinos... not enough Mice.

6 It may seem minor, but there are a number of resealable bags!!! Im compulsive I need to open and inspect but I dont want them falling out into my buckets

7 Bucket preference for Add-ons ( im keeping core and expac in boxes for now) 1 Dragons 2 Large minis one per pack 3 encounters 4 Others

8 Encounters... More please!

9 Is it me? or is the brinewind extras bigger than the Xpac... Just saying which is the Xpac and which is the "extras"

10. In regards to #1 ... Where the heck am I going to store all this plastic??

AJ

• Like 8
  • Haha 3