Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

Just saw an article that WotC has revealed their October sourcebook will be all about dragons and now I'm sitting here thinking about Bones 6 and all the new species of dragon minis it might have....

Also; my order has been out for delivery since about 7:30 am, but has not yet arrived as of 4 pm 😭 this is killing me!

• Like 5

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, PhantomAsh said:

Just saw an article that WotC has revealed their October sourcebook will be all about dragons and now I'm sitting here thinking about Bones 6 and all the new species of dragon minis it might have....

I'm not saying they did this especially for us, but we can't know for sure that they didn't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amuller33 said:

Some initial reactions as I do my inventory.

1. Why the heck did I buy soooo much plastic?

2. I have been painting the remains of my Bones 2 hoard and the increase in quality and detail is amazing. Seriously just ask Yephima.

3. While there are many minis with pesky bits to glue there are a LOT that do not. TBH I'll probably paint the ones that don't need assembly first..

4 The pirate ship is cool. Making it glow in dark... cooler. Can anyone suggest GItD paint for me to paint a ghost crew?

5. Lotsa of dinos... not enough Mice.

6 It may seem minor, but there are a number of resealable bags!!! Im compulsive I need to open and inspect but I dont want them falling out into my buckets

7 Bucket preference for Add-ons ( im keeping core and expac in boxes for now) 1 Dragons 2 Large minis one per pack 3 encounters 4 Others

8 Encounters... More please!

9 Is it me? or is the brinewind extras bigger than the Xpac... Just saying which is the Xpac and which is the "extras"

10. In regards to #1 ... Where the heck am I going to store all this plastic??

AJ

I have use Green Stuff World Glow in the Dark Pigment.  You mix with clear paint medium.  I would mix small amounts at a time.

• Like 3

So this was my first kickstarter and I had no idea what to expect. What gets me is the shipping. I can understand wanting to wait on shipping until all the items in an order were in house. I can also understand since they didn't know when the last container was going to be delivered they started picking and shipping the complete orders they had. 

Assuming let's say the first five or six waves were bigger orders or contained items in the last container, it's understandable that smaller orders in the later waves would get shipped first. Which makes sense and frees up space in the warehouse. 

When the last container was delivered and the items staged they should have started with order #1 of wave 1. I can't imagine anyone having problems with this. However, either Reaper didn't do that or they did but there was a breakdown in communication. 

Regardless of what they did, people were going to be butt hurt and angry. Reaper was faced with a double end short.

This brings us to the Fire Marshall debacle, Reaper can't make any excuses. They blocked the fire exits and I'm not sure what the issue was with extension cords, fans because of the heat or extra lighting or some other reason. Reaper, this isn't your first rodeo, this five day delay is all on you. It might be nice to hear you guys are working 8 hour days and working next weekend to pack orders and get them ready for shipping as fast as possible. 

Just my two cents.

38 minutes ago, Roth Naug said:

So this was my first kickstarter and I had no idea what to expect. What gets me is the shipping. I can understand wanting to wait on shipping until all the items in an order were in house. I can also understand since they didn't know when the last container was going to be delivered they started picking and shipping the complete orders they had. 

Assuming let's say the first five or six waves were bigger orders or contained items in the last container, it's understandable that smaller orders in the later waves would get shipped first. Which makes sense and frees up space in the warehouse. 

When the last container was delivered and the items staged they should have started with order #1 of wave 1. I can't imagine anyone having problems with this. However, either Reaper didn't do that or they did but there was a breakdown in communication. 

Regardless of what they did, people were going to be butt hurt and angry. Reaper was faced with a double end short.

This brings us to the Fire Marshall debacle, Reaper can't make any excuses. They blocked the fire exits and I'm not sure what the issue was with extension cords, fans because of the heat or extra lighting or some other reason. Reaper, this isn't your first rodeo, this five day delay is all on you. It might be nice to hear you guys are working 8 hour days and working next weekend to pack orders and get them ready for shipping as fast as possible. 

Just my two cents.

They actually had been doing 8 hour days for a while.  I have no doubt they will be taking the time from today, Monday, and possibly Tuesday to try to figure out what is going on with their order pull system for the Kickstarter. Remember that this is not their everyday business. They do this every two years or so, and each time they have modified their system to get better fulfillment. Unfortunately, that also means new bugs, new breakdowns, and new challenges.

What I dream to see is Reaper's in house production and shipping efficiency improve to the point where they become an option for other companies to use for their fulfillment on Kickstarter. I know, kind of pie in the sky, but hey, who knows what long term goals are being discussed in the secret recesses of their high tech hidden underground lair.

• Like 4

• Members
1 hour ago, Roth Naug said:

I'm not sure what the issue was with extension cords

If they are not taped down properly they can be considered a hazard that can cause tripping and impede escape.. and if there are too many in one area, also considered a hazard..

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

If they are not taped down properly they can be considered a hazard that can cause tripping and impede escape.. and if there are too many in one area, also considered a hazard..

If too many cords are drawing from one outlet (via power strips, etc) I believe this can cause a fire hazard by causing the wiring feeding the outlet to overheat. I have personally experienced this on a tradeshow floor when there was WAAAY too much stuff plugged into one extension cord, causing the cord to be hot to the touch. The flow of electricity through a conductor creates waste heat, depending on the efficiency of the conductor. Copper is the best balance of material cost and efficiency, although I have seen steel and aluminum used as well. Another fun fact is that as electricity flows through a conductor, it generates a magnetic field perpendicular to the flow around the conductor. This is the reason why it is not a good idea to have power and network cables side by side.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1