Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just got my box and it seems I did go lighter this kickstarter (even with the last minute addition of Chronoscope). Still need to do fine inventory of things, but everything item wise seems there (now I got to go through expansions and stuff to make sure all parts are there). 

Two things I noticed 1)So, sophie's dice was NOT in the core set box, correct? So the set should have been loose in the shipment? 2) did anyone else who ordered the new colors have their lotus orange seem almost empty? I weighed all the other bottles and they were .9 oz while the orange was .5 oz. And it was the only one with a grey cap. And the busts seemed smaller then I thought they would be. I'll have more observations once I get into everything.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

So, just got my box and it seems I did go lighter this kickstarter (even with the last minute addition of Chronoscope). Still need to do fine inventory of things, but everything item wise seems there (now I got to go through expansions and stuff to make sure all parts are there). 

Two things I noticed 1)So, sophie's dice was NOT in the core set box, correct? So the set should have been loose in the shipment? 2) did anyone else who ordered the new colors have their lotus orange seem almost empty? I weighed all the other bottles and they were .9 oz while the orange was .5 oz. And it was the only one with a grey cap. And the busts seemed smaller then I thought they would be. I'll have more observations once I get into everything.

1) They are not. You'll need to contact Reaper. Preferably after fulfillment as they are kinda busy right now.

2) If you have a set loose, then you ordered a second set. Missing ones are suppose to be in the Core box.

3) I'll let you know whenever I receive my box. :poke:

4) I recall the small maiden at RCon when she came out as a resin piece & she could fit inside a medium blister pack. I wasn't impressed back then.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, haldir said:

2) If you have a set loose, then you ordered a second set. Missing ones are suppose to be in the Core box.

Incorrect. The dice were never IN the core box. The plan was to have them in there, but the factory failed to pack them in the core set boxes. Everyone who was getting them with the Core Set in early shipments had the dice box floating freely inside the shipping box. 

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 3
53 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

The dice that belong to the core set are loose, separate from the core box in their own plastic box.  When they realized they were going to run out of dice, they started only including the dice that were add-on purchases.  So if you only had the core set dice and didn't get them, they owe you one.  I don't believe they have said if/what their plan is to get them ordered and out to people.

All my paints were full and actually had lids on them (unlike my holiday paint purchase).  No clue what the grey caps are meant to indicate, if anything, but Lotus Orange, Orchid Purple, Oxide Brown, Oxide Red, and Oxide Yellow (NOT Ochre Yellow) all had grey caps for me.  The rest were white

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

2) did anyone else who ordered the new colors have their lotus orange seem almost empty? I weighed all the other bottles and they were .9 oz while the orange was .5 oz. And it was the only one with a grey cap.

I am not sure I have a scale fine enough to tell that small of a difference, but I did get those colours and mine also has a grey cap. It appeared to be full to me, but I can check again?

• Like 1

Lunch with Pa Strawhat, then home to find...

20210717_155321.jpg.05c27f62347cef91b57a001b199d5a02.jpg

I was a little nervous about the corner, but everything inside looked good (if a bit dinged up).

20210717_155420.jpg.72bffdcdb6dbfc5d8cd8d625213e5b62.jpg

So, spoilers here on out.  The pictures aren't very large, but I hope they get the point across.  If anyone wants to see something specific, just let me know!

I also picked up the new MSP colors, but that picture turned out horrible.  

Four grey caps: Oxide Red, Lotus Orange, Orchid Purple, and Oxide Brown.  I just did a quick "heft" test, and none of them feel significantly lighter/heavier.  But I could be wrong.  My hands are not finely tuned scales.

The boxed goodies:

Spoiler

20210717_155805.jpg.42b0af148c90d4eaf3add5b4c9360f6d.jpg

Campground Scenics, Full Moon Fever, Rune Wights, and Aganzarax. 

I just realized that the log should be a fallen log, and not an upright tree.  Ooops.

The Rune Wights and Aganzarax are a little further back.  Aganzarax is 14 pieces!

Full Moon Fever has the "big" werewolf from behind to show the broken axe detail on the base.

Spoiler

20210717_160649.jpg.09360aa8e7a5cd98cd0ce65660178b05.jpg

20210717_160420.jpg.9309e4aa2c66cf197a26d5060b4f9404.jpg

20210717_164107.jpg.ebbcfd9802d6703575b91037dc32aaaa.jpg

Murkillor, Elemental Scions, Sirens, and Mouselings.

You can't see much on the Sirens, that clear blue does not photograph well.

Spoiler

20210717_161139.jpg.3221eb3cb6b0e6aa68a9da29413772f3.jpg

20210717_162202.jpg.88487373cc00d89ef3e4073132008db9.jpg

20210717_162216.jpg.deea5e43b51fe17518b95c6b40574f14.jpg

Yog-Shosoth, Mounted Wraiths, Halloween Freebies, and Overgourd:

Yog-Shosoth has been partially dry-fit.

The Overgourd has been mostly dry-fit.  I am really looking forward to painting him up!

Spoiler

20210717_161552.jpg.18aed1128504dd7f569b2edb808a9075.jpg

20210717_163144.jpg.22aece7dfab8c503d1751a8a157a6c52.jpg

Encounter at Gallowguard, Shadows of Ravenhome, The Spiders of Emrith Kul, and Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen

Spoiler

20210717_164719.jpg.ec8fa6856918294066dfa1d7c25b8cb8.jpg

20210717_165655.jpg.2c0e234c4d0e96d60265c45d57759cfc.jpg

20210717_170110.jpg.234c1c673739bed75f125d956f763119.jpg

20210717_165145.jpg.4d4d1a60f5ad766e9050dfb6ed8f69c1.jpg

I haven't cracked open the sets, though.  Mostly.  I did pop the Core open to double-check on Sophie's Lucky Dice.  I didn't receive those, but I'm actually "OK" with that.  I'm very picky about my dice, and those didn't do anything for me.

Edited by strawhat
Forget to talk about the paints...
  • Like 14
5 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

How big are the scions? 

Did they explain why there are only 3?  Is there another that's already currently being produced?

The fourth scion is the Air scion (genie) and is in the Fan Favorites expansion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Elemental Scions (+1)

These are all dry-fit.

Earth (hammer arm, head, body)

Fire (body, sword arm)

Water (head, body)

Air (sword fore-arm, body, base)

They are all currently sitting atop the 2" bases that Reaper included with the Core set.  Earth hangs over a fair amount.  Fire and Water fit well.  Air is a smidge over the edge.

20210717_192229.jpg.48d4e8f07dba0bdb5e2e81706fe1f914.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@Sirithilieli think someone mentioned earlier there's some kind of offline trading pool for reaper stuff. You might be able to get that wish.  

I'm sorry that i can't recall who said it, though. 

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 1

Huh, I'm seeing some resellers in Canada that already got their Bones V. Not unexpected after seeing the previous Bones campaigns.

What's curious is that they're selling the core set at C$200, and considering the base cost in USD, the exchange rate, the taxes and cost of shipping, this turns out to be a decent deal. Unsure how much of a profit they're getting. Their loss.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2