Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

something seems to have gone a bit weird with brinewind #718 she's got one arm that is waaaay bigger than the other

228050706_PXL_20210718_0154043882.thumb.jpg.9a8f9cc0e75e88517c192c3689140716.jpg

I'll take a look when I check out that box later this week.

Kinda worried a bit about packages. I got a notification that a battery powered mower from Wallyworld I ordered arrived today. I got the notification, but thought it was odd since the initial emails all pointed to a 21st delivery. I didn't go check the front door (no door bell ring, nothing - pretty sure it was Fed Ex that dropped) until later & when I did, there was no big box out there. I'm sure this one was in the retail box so, nice bright big pictures for the whole neighborhood to see. Thou my neighborhood is not a crime-filled area (reason why I didn't go immediately out there to check).

Hopefully it was just a odd email notification. If it was FedEx, I've gotten email notifications like this before. A couple days later, the package shows up, thou nothing this big. I'm suppose to wait 2 days before notifying them. All I know is, if I don't have the box by the 21st, I'm not paying for this!!

All comes back to whenever I get my Bones boxes, I'll have to keep a better eye on delivery.

• Sad 3
32 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

something seems to have gone a bit weird with brinewind #718 she's got one arm that is waaaay bigger than the other

228050706_PXL_20210718_0154043882.thumb.jpg.9a8f9cc0e75e88517c192c3689140716.jpg

Some people are born with lop-sided limbs. I have a friend who has one mini-arm. This lass might be like her! Perhaps inadvertently, but that's okay! We have wanted diversity in miniatures after all ;)

• Like 8
58 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

That's because someone's been doing some major 20oz curls. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

To be honest, to me, it looks like perspective trickery. In a similar vein to making feet small on models to make them seem taller. By making that arm smaller and the toasting arm larger it gives me the illusion of the figure being slightly twisted when it is toasting. But now that you showed me I shall not un-see it.

Time to bring out the green stuff and make some puffy sleeves. 

• Like 3

I understand that they didn't know they weren't pulling by wave when the missing container was finally delivered.  Now that they know that they weren't, are they going to now start pulling correctly by wave when they start back up?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, House of Dexter said:

I understand that they didn't know they weren't pulling by wave when the missing container was finally delivered.  Now that they know that they weren't, are they going to now start pulling correctly by wave when they start back up?

Unclear. They said they would and then didn't, so I would hazard a guess that they probably tried and whatever they did didn't give the proper result. Maybe they'll figure it out before they start again, maybe they wont. Worst case we have to wait until the end, which is thankfully not overly far away. They only have a few thousand left, and once they get rolling again they push out 600-800 a day. 

Edited by Kro
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

To my eye, the shoulder and boot on that side also seem slightly larger, as well. Whether it is an error, or as intended is hard to say. There are medical conditions that can cause this sort of thing, as well as life experiences. That is not even considering the effects of "fantasy physics" (spells, potions, curses, weird plants or venoms, etc.). There is also the possibility of sculptor, mold making, or casting error. Definitely off, to my eye. But that is not necessarily a bad thing. It could be a good starting point for an interesting NPC backstory.

"Well, Magda Greatarm was cursed by an Orc shaman to slowly become an Orc. She is seeking help to remove her curse before her body completely transforms and is willing to trade information to help with the current quest." Something like that.

Edited by Skallabjorn
punctuation
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Oh no, this was one of the figures I was genuinely looking forward to the most and it does look a little off.

8 hours ago, DragonWyrm said:

To be honest, to me, it looks like perspective trickery. In a similar vein to making feet small on models to make them seem taller. By making that arm smaller and the toasting arm larger it gives me the illusion of the figure being slightly twisted when it is toasting. But now that you showed me I shall not un-see it.

Time to bring out the green stuff and make some puffy sleeves. 

I suspect you are correct about this, because when you turn the figure to match the angle in the picture for the kick starter picture it works as an effective force perspective. 

• Like 2

Oh anyway, I'd been asking about scale pictures for the chronoscope robots with their already available equivalents. 

So here's pictures of that. 

The rve robots are an exact match scale wise with their chronoscope versions. They also look great. 549677851_PXL_20210718_1340307922.thumb.jpg.aca7603519cb881527fb29417735ec80.jpg

The skeleton robots on the other hand are much bigger than the metals. So I guess it's skeleton robot mk2 or something. 

587422987_PXL_20210718_1344163362.thumb.jpg.5bd3a1629537dde7a920dc6051b566d9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I suspect you are correct about this, because when you turn the figure to match the angle in the picture for the kick starter picture it works as an effective force perspective. 

Seems weird to do on a mini though. , Where it could be used for gaming and be viewed from all angles around a table

• Like 2
On 7/16/2021 at 10:26 PM, Bane Of Humanity said:

walls of thorns....just as annoying as they are in reaal life... why did i order 20....whom ever decided they should be assembled like that....should be forced to assemble everyone that ever buys them now and always....

Oh crud. I ordered 24 or 28 of them. ::o:

On 7/17/2021 at 8:22 AM, Adrift said:

One of my favorite sneaky hacks is to take a figure with an integral base (that I don’t care about), and so as to not add height, is to flip a reaper base over, set the integral base down in the reaper one, then base the figure and cover it over. 

Same here.  I overstocked on the 1" RPG bases a long time ago just for this reason. 

On 7/17/2021 at 11:39 AM, Ratmaster2000 said:

I just toss 'em in a box for the day I find a use for them

I like the Wizkid bases for basing Warmaster hero figures - they're the same thickness as the 20mm x 40mm bases the units go on. 

23 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Three elves isn't really super exciting. An elf, a dwarf, and an orc would've been better, IMO.

NOW you mention it. I got the busts, but I would have been much happier with the mix. 

19 hours ago, Jeronimus said:

Not even carpeted! There is literally nowhere it could have gone. The floor is perfectly smooth! I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I've lost two Battle Droid heads in this same fashion. 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Kro said:

Unclear. They said they would and then didn't, so I would hazard a guess that they probably tried and whatever they did didn't give the proper result. Maybe they'll figure it out before they start again, maybe they wont. Worst case we have to wait until the end, which is thankfully not overly far away. They only have a few thousand left, and once they get rolling again they push out 600-800 a day. 

Unfortunately I suspect that they have the very large orders left...which will take longer to pull...

• Like 2