Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

Just got the notification from UPS that my delivery date was moved to Tuesday.  Which really doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since they were 8 hours from here on Friday and should have been on a truck yesterday to the local depot.

But whatever UPS......

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jeronimus said:

The prices definitely give us something to go on

It does. Until you start looking at metal dragons and limited edition resin dragons at the same time. Then it gets confusing, especially if the bones version is discontinued or not released yet. What Reaper truly needs is a dragon page. Which has a nice picture of all the dragons in size order. With a scrolling list of photos comparing 3 dragons closes to each others size.(Photo of Dragon A,B and C. Then a photo of Dragon C,D and E.)

56 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

I don't even have Dance of Death completed,

I haven't even started mine. I still have more than half the dragons from Bones 4 left to paint. Ahh. There were a lot of dragons in Bones 5. What am I to do!?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DragonWyrm said:

It does. Until you start looking at metal dragons and limited edition resin dragons at the same time. Then it gets confusing, especially if the bones version is discontinued or not released yet. What Reaper truly needs is a dragon page. Which has a nice picture of all the dragons in size order. With a scrolling list of photos comparing 3 dragons closes to each others size.(Photo of Dragon A,B and C. Then a photo of Dragon C,D and E.)

I haven't even started mine. I still have more than half the dragons from Bones 4 left to paint. Ahh. There were a lot of dragons in Bones 5. What am I to do!?

Wait, we're supposed to paint them??

I'm pretty sure I painted some stuff from Bones 1.  Likely Bones 2.  Maybe something from Bones 3 (which one had Khanjira? That's likely the last I painted...maybe).  I know I haven't painted anything from 4......

But I'm positive I've never completed a Bones dragon.  I have them all, but since I've only completed one dragon, and it was metal.....

• Like 8
1 hour ago, DragonWyrm said:

I still have stuff from Bones I to paint :D I just keep finding new stuff I want to paint, and having adult ADD doesn't help, nor does buying a 3D printer... Ha! I have a list of around 30 dragons I want to print on my printer to add to this collection (you'll notice there is one hiding on the right that was printed that I need to paint as well). This is one of the big reasons when we move next year I want a room for my hobby stuff and want to build some custom shelves that take up the walls so that I have plenty of space to display stuff!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bojesphob said:

I don't even have Dance of Death completed, those are just base colors on that one.

i gave up on mine =/ it's so bent and twisted, and no amount of boiling fixes it. Just no point, the dragons are so warped from their own weight that no amount of re-boiling fixes them, they just sag right back where they were

anyways, UPS says my boxes are in town, but delivery is still Monday. meanies

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
7 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i gave up on mine =/ it's so bent and twisted, and no amount of boiling fixes it. Just no point, the dragons are so warped from their own weight that no amount of re-boiling fixes them, they just sag right back where they were

anyways, UPS says my boxes are in town, but delivery is still Monday. meanies

I had that happen too. Make sure you have all of the points where they come together are glued. Once I had a few points that weren't obvious glued together, it stayed in place FAR better. One of the hands on the bottom one goes on the leg of the top one, I think, and the top ones hand is meant to glue into place on the wing of the bottom one. I'll have to double check to make sure that's where I had to make the added glue joins, but I haven't had any sagging/warping since I connected those points.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

I had that happen too. Make sure you have all of the points where they come together are glued. Once I had a few points that weren't obvious glued together, it stayed in place FAR better. One of the hands on the bottom one goes on the leg of the top one, I think, and the top ones hand is meant to glue into place on the wing of the bottom one. I'll have to double check to make sure that's where I had to make the added glue joins, but I haven't had any sagging/warping since I connected those points.

i have, but it hasn't helped mine. The top one just bends so much, and it drags the bottom one with it

• Sad 1
On 7/23/2021 at 2:45 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

Wait...  You mean they've been shrunk...  They better not have done such to Nathavarr....  Whole reason I purchased them was specifically for additional copies of the dragon from DDS2, and that's how it was advertised... 

as far as I know nothing has changed size, they just scaled down the final bones production of the original 3d prints to fit a typical size of 3-4 inch bases  Nathhavarr shouldnt have changed size (i already have 2 so its not worth me getting another....)

On 7/23/2021 at 4:40 AM, Sirithiliel said:

i'd like to know too

how do they measure up against the picture of them from the KS with sir forescale, are they at least to scale with what we were shown?

the pictures i have from Reapercon 2019 show them being comfortable on 6-8 inch bases..  this is probably more than most people want but i really wish we had at least gotten a couple of them the size that would treat a giant like a toy.  Argent is large but its all wing.  the body is not much larger than a Garuth or any of the old metals, besides, it reminds me of a weird pegasus. These were nicely balanced wing to body and looked good at the immense sizes. 

again, I am not disappointed with what I have but I was hoping for dragons in at least the size of the old metal ones and bigger, rather than just another competition with Wizkids.

14 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i have, but it hasn't helped mine. The top one just bends so much, and it drags the bottom one with it

with some pieces, I have found that drilling the really bendy spots and inserting brass rod can help with positioning.  its a lot of work but you can even work the rod around corners and it really helps with the shape stability.

• Like 4

UPS: "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible." 

Estimated delivery:

"Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date."

:(

• Sad 4
12 minutes ago, Kro said:

UPS: "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible." 

Estimated delivery:

"Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date."

:(

That's exactly what happened with my package. Thankfully it only delayed it a day.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

That's really awful, it's such a lovely mini and I'd love to see your take on it ::(: 

1 hour ago, bojesphob said:

I assembled everything apart from the wings on the dragons and only added the wings when everything was fully painted. Just checked on them and they're in the same position that they were a year and a half ago when I finished painting them.  Wondering if there was a bad mix of bonesium used in some of the dragons? 

Anyways, back to the current Kickstarter! Still no boxes or emails received here. I got really excited this morning when DPD came to the door with a massive box. Unfortunately it was an order from the big river site for our neighbors that weren't at home :down:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
5 hours ago, Skallabjorn said:

I have put together a pdf of the Bones 5 images to use for inventory purposes on mobile devices. Tablets, phones, etc. Can that be directly uploaded here or linked via google drive or mega? I would like to share this with fellow Reapermaniacs, but I am unsure of protocol.

Man, I'd love this! If you can't upload it, can you email me a copy? Joshinminn at gee mail.

• Like 2

GOD i hate reaper mobile. SO MUCH

i spent 10 minutes trying to reply to this quote and it never would type anything but the quote, so i had to go to my PC and boot it up just to respond. the mobile version really sucks now. I can't even put the quote at the TOP of my post, it won't let me.

anyways i guess i could try and finish it. probably should finish it, even if it's a quick job

but yea. these forums on mobile are horrible

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

That's really awful, it's such a lovely mini and I'd love to see your take on it ::(:

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 2