ladystorm

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, haldir said:

UPS!!!!!

(early, but again, around 5 - 6, as usual)

oooo a audio notification from the driver, saying it's "UPS". That's a first.

Well, upon visual inspection,  I flip the box over to carry it inside & I'm greeted by this:

16274269552633981042845985384136.jpg

<_<:angry:::(:

I heard the sound of plastic jingling, like hard bases, so hopefully everything is still in there as I can put my fist through the hole. Cheap Chinese cardboard.....

Aaand... That's why you don't ship things in boxes not up to the rigours the postal and/or courier system will put it through. 

Sure hope the driver marked that as damaged - with the condition of that box, it shouldn't even have been loaded into the vehicle for delivery... 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

For some reason I had imagined your dragon was about twice the size he is.

I didn't expect him to look so small on the ship! I think he's ~19in long right now, and about a year old. 

• Like 7

I just finished going through everything and comparing them to the KS images, and I ended up with a few extras that aren't listed there. I assume they were announced on one of the media streams, but if so I missed it. Either that or I failed my Perception check and missed them entirely. :lol:

I got two minis in the Brinewind Expansion that look like they belong with the "Sons of Barty," one female and one guy with a tricorn hat.

In the Fan Favorites Expansion, I got a male Rakshasa and a male djinn/genie.

No complaints here, just very mildly puzzled. :lol: Can anyone enlighten me?

Huzzah!

--OneBoot 😄

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, haldir said:

UPS!!!!!

(early, but again, around 5 - 6, as usual)

oooo a audio notification from the driver, saying it's "UPS". That's a first.

Well, upon visual inspection,  I flip the box over to carry it inside & I'm greeted by this:

16274269552633981042845985384136.jpg

<_<:angry:::(:

I heard the sound of plastic jingling, like hard bases, so hopefully everything is still in there as I can put my fist through the hole. Cheap Chinese cardboard.....

Oh crud, the Buglips clone got out! :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I have the male rakshasa too. The male Djinn is definitely listed out as a bonus addition.

Likewise, I think, the *shudder* Sons of Barty you got, and likewise, they are listed out as bonus additions.

I have four too many of those creepy buggers, which means I'll either find a use for them, or I'll pitch 'em in the next BoG.

I also have a piece I can't place; an old man in my Dungeon Dwellers that I can't find in any of the graphics. Bald, no hat, beard out to here, casting a fireball or something.

• Like 3

So, I did a preliminary inventory (i.e. by bags and boxes) and everything seems to be there. Looks like no dice, as has been noted, but I’m not sure that’s worth worrying about.  The only thing I’ve opened for a closer look so far has been the troll bridge. It’s going to need some boiling. It’s a nicely sculpted piece, but it does look like it’s going to be more comfortable with my 1/72 scale figures.  The heroic 28s won’t be leaning on the railings…

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Still no shipping notice here, I'm beginning to feel a little bit left out! Is there a prize for being the last forumite to get their minis? ::P:

I'm still waiting as well. No shipping note yet! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

They're here!

I was home, but just as the shenanigans planned it, they delivered it when I was right smack in the middle of a videoconference with a customer.

The boxes are intact, though the larger non-pirate ship one has gone through the wringer.

I'm so busy today I won't have time to start enjoying and inventorying any of it until later this evening.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Guyra said:

I'm still waiting as well. No shipping note yet! 

Same here.
EU (I still think UK is part of Europe at least geographically) is a bit late, we have to be patient 😅

• Like 2