Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

Choices, choices...   

When I get off the bus after work today...  

Should I foot it up the hill (1.6Km) all the way home to get my car, drive down to the store where the local 'Postoffice in a store' is, or should I just go in there and pick up a nearly 6Kg package and lug it all the way uphill?   

• Like 3

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Choices, choices...   

When I get off the bus after work today...  

Should I foot it up the hill (1.6Km) all the way home to get my car, drive down to the store where the local 'Postoffice in a store' is, or should I just go in there and pick up a nearly 6Kg package and lug it all the way uphill?   

I would definitely get the car. 😉 

• Like 2

I grabbed an IKEA shoppingbag from my emergency stash at the office(I work in IT, those bags are just so useful) and hurried to reach the 15:15 bus home...   

Of course I couldn't wait, so rushed the store(picked up a pair of 300gram pizzas at the same time) and picked up my Bones crate. Now I'm just waiting for my dinner to heat(made potato dumplings a few days ago, with more potatoes, sausages and bacon on the side. Tastes even better reheated... ) and then it's time to open the box!   

• Like 7

So far my only problem is two Sea Giants but no Eye Tyrant in the Darkest Depths expansion, and I'm mostly through. My boat should have arrived today but they didn't ring and just took it to the post office instead, where we'll be able to pick it up tomorrow. Bit annoying since I'll have to hurl it up the hill, but at least they delivered the heavier package.

• Like 4

So going through the final non box stuff in my inventory & I must say,  I'm disappointed with the Full Moon Fever set. The sculpts are awesome but the "large" figure is really a extra-medium sized mini. I'm not a fan of the base it's on, hopefully I can pry/cut it off. Stick it on a medium size base.

Speaking of box sets, when I opened Dark Depths to maybe add some to my Rcon games, I came across the sea giant (why I listed him before) & the Eye of the Dee....error Tyrant. Mine fits like a glove. The parts lines just dissappear. Must be one of those figures that is good for some & bad for others.

I'll do the box sets later today (minus the Core) but must hobby for Rcon first!

Well ok after lunch first.::P:

• Like 1

Just finished checking the loot... 

(Wrote numbers on all the little baggies, and on the underside of the Broccoli on many of the minis without bags... ) 

Why the Elf! did Reaper use Magic to pack these sets?   

It's Orked impossible to fit everything back into the Core box!

The only reason everything else fit back into the shipping box is that I removed the two paint sets...   

BTW: That is a 'Dreadmere Archer'...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tza7h0aj-icHh-rD2z5RM6E-DQmMqR3g/view

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neatpete said:

Does anyone know a model number or name for this mini in the core set? I couldn’t find it in the figure finder.

thanks!

B459DDE3-28E0-4248-9F2D-F910567D2BC6.png

The name is Amiryth Elmlighter I believe. It’s also in the Learn to Paint Kit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neatpete said:

Does anyone know a model number or name for this mini in the core set? I couldn’t find it in the figure finder.

thanks!

B459DDE3-28E0-4248-9F2D-F910567D2BC6.png

I think she is a new sculpt for the Kickstarter or at least she was made available as a freebie/giveaway figure that never made it to retail. (showing off Bones Black I think at the time.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the discord I hear things about the Dance of Death, Dragon Turtle, Skeletaon Dragon and more special big mini's that are going to be added to the 5.5 pledge manager.

More details are in the most recent Reaper Live, I haven't had time to see it myself, but there should be some more info on there.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Venun said:

On the discord I hear things about the Dance of Death, Dragon Turtle, Skeletaon Dragon and more special big mini's that are going to be added to the 5.5 pledge manager.

More details are in the most recent Reaper Live, I haven't had time to see it myself, but there should be some more info on there.

Glad to hear. Now just give me those weapon sprues from Bones 3 :ph34r:

Got my pirate ship today. Had a mild shock bc the post office lady wanted more fees than I paid for the ship, but they just halved the total declared value and put it on each package. All is fine, I'm ending up at 22% of my order. 

Can't complain about this at all, my main package got into customs on a saturday and out the same day (I didn't even know they worked on saturdays) and the ship was in 5 days. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Venun said:

Crossing my fingers for Mossbeard and Blacksting as well

Edited by MoonglowMinis
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Venun said:

Yup. Ron talked briefly about adding things "when he gets time".  Not this week, *maybe* next week (but seeing how close we are to the con, I'm not holding my breath). 

• Like 3

Ooook a little update for the fellow EU mates (if someone is interested in it 😛 ).
Past yesterday I've received my package. Again Wave1, 450€ pledge (so in the middle).
Miracle number 1: I had to pay... nothing 😶.
Miracle number 2: Nothing is missing (thanks, @kit )
Miracle number 3: I've managed to dry-fit the big monsters/dragons etc. and everything fits like a glove.
Sooo yes! I'm quite happy 😅

• Like 16