Jump to content

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread


ladystorm

Recommended Posts

Ooh, just got an automated email for my missing items *and* Sophie's Lucky Dice. :winkthumbs:

 

The other items: dragonfolk wizrad (was missing an arm), Greek expansion centaur (also missing an arm), female barbarian (missing from the dragon slayers).

 

From experience, it'll arrive in October.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/21/2021 at 6:46 PM, Venun said:

Ok. So appearantly my payment info has been waiting for me in the PostNL app. I had not thought to check here, other tracking info didn't show something was waiting.

But nevermind that! I could pay for import fees on 1 package, the 2nd is being delivered to the postoffice nearby.

So far it seems to only be 9,- a package for handling fees by PostNL. 

Based on past experiences I think it stays at this... o.o

 

We'll see tomorrow!

Whoa, lucky!

 

On advice from a PostNL lady, I picked up the package and intended to contest the charges. Turned out it wasn't a mistake on the side of PostNL though. For some reason, the package which contains only a pirate ship has a declared value of 418,50$+19,98GBP shipping :blink:

Guess I'll be emailing [email protected] next.

 

Also, this ship is **heavy**, I thought it would fit in my backpack, with the top sticking out .... It did not fit in the backpack. My arms are now very tired :lol:

Edited by Lihmeth
Added stuff
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lihmeth said:

Whoa, lucky!

 

On advice from a PostNL lady, I picked up the package and intended to contest the charges. Turned out it wasn't a mistake on the side of PostNL though. For some reason, the package which contains only a pirate ship has a declared value of 418,50$+19,98GBP shipping :blink:

Guess I'll be emailing [email protected] next.

 

Also, this ship is **heavy**, I thought it would fit in my backpack, with the top sticking out .... It did not fit in the backpack. My arms are now very tired :lol:

 

Glad you have the package! Sucks there's some more administration and such involved in it.

I've still yet to receive my packages, still no extra fees but I'm not in the 'safe zone' until I have the packages in my hands 😛 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lihmeth said:

Whoa, lucky!

 

On advice from a PostNL lady, I picked up the package and intended to contest the charges. Turned out it wasn't a mistake on the side of PostNL though. For some reason, the package which contains only a pirate ship has a declared value of 418,50$+19,98GBP shipping :blink:

Guess I'll be emailing [email protected] next.

 

Also, this ship is **heavy**, I thought it would fit in my backpack, with the top sticking out .... It did not fit in the backpack. My arms are now very tired :lol:

Edited 1 hour ago by Lihmeth

Check your other package. In my case, both packages had the exact same value (each half of the total order). My guess is they have to distribute that somewhat evenly, otherwise you could cheat and send orders in multiple packages, each just under the fees treshhold.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nunae said:

Check your other package. In my case, both packages had the exact same value (each half of the total order). My guess is they have to distribute that somewhat evenly, otherwise you could cheat and send orders in multiple packages, each just under the fees treshhold.

The other package had the complete order value, but half the order value is about the declared value of the second package. Something went wrong there, but I'm sure it'll get fixed :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe it has been answered already: I was just unpacking my loot and realized some of the minis have, in some parts, an oily glow. I'm not sure if it's actually some substance (like for example to de-mold them) or just parts where the plastic looks shinnier. Has this been noticed and commented already? 

 

also to take a moment to ask about spray primer. How does it work with this material? I remember I couldn't be used with regular bones, as it made them sticky. 

 

In regards to my importation process, had no problem on my end, just to report it as a nice outcome ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Maybe it has been answered already: I was just unpacking my loot and realized some of the minis have, in some parts, an oily glow. I'm not sure if it's actually some substance (like for example to de-mold them) or just parts where the plastic looks shinnier. Has this been noticed and commented already? 

 

also to take a moment to ask about spray primer. How does it work with this material? I remember I couldn't be used with regular bones, as it made them sticky. 

 

In regards to my importation process, had no problem on my end, just to report it as a nice outcome ^^


Possibly a demolding agent. I recommend washing your mini’s before assembly/painting. 
 

Official advice is to not use any spray primer on any version of Bones. Some people have had luck, primarily with Citadel or Army Painter spray. The variables are too numerous to really pin down why it works for some and not others, but temperature and humidity are possibly part of it. The chemical accelerants have a chemical reaction with the hardeners in the PVC plastic. 
 

My two instances of using spray varnish on Bones mini’s resulted in them ending up sticky. Now I have an airbrush. 

 

Don't end up like the guy on the Reaper Facebook page who spray primed his $100 pirate ship... and then came looking for advice on how to unsticky his sticky boat...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Maybe it has been answered already: I was just unpacking my loot and realized some of the minis have, in some parts, an oily glow. I'm not sure if it's actually some substance (like for example to de-mold them) or just parts where the plastic looks shinnier. Has this been noticed and commented already? 

 

also to take a moment to ask about spray primer. How does it work with this material? I remember I couldn't be used with regular bones, as it made them sticky. 

 

As mentioned, probably a mold release agent. Just wash in warm water with soap or dishwashing liquid.  Don't use any soap that has lotion in it.  A dip in isopropyl alcohol also works. 

 

Spray primer doesn't work any better on the new Bones, so if you haven't figured out the trick to getting it just right and not sticky, it's best to skip it or use something else like a brush on. 

 

Spray sealer on a completely painted model should work ok, however.  Go lightly on it, though. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 11:07 AM, Lihmeth said:

Whoa, lucky!

 

On advice from a PostNL lady, I picked up the package and intended to contest the charges. Turned out it wasn't a mistake on the side of PostNL though. For some reason, the package which contains only a pirate ship has a declared value of 418,50$+19,98GBP shipping :blink:

Guess I'll be emailing [email protected] next.

 

Also, this ship is **heavy**, I thought it would fit in my backpack, with the top sticking out .... It did not fit in the backpack. My arms are now very tired :lol:

Last update for this I think, I got a gift certificate for the webshop for the amount that was overcharged. I'm quite happy with this solution, my partner less so :lol:

Apparently I have "enough plastic"

Perhaps I should order only metal minis in that case

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lihmeth said:

Last update for this I think, I got a gift certificate for the webshop for the amount that was overcharged. I'm quite happy with this solution, my partner less so :lol:

Apparently I have "enough plastic"

Perhaps I should order only metal minis in that case

I think they are suggesting you order paint!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to learn you had it resolved properly.

My stuff should be coming in today! one package delivered at my house, the other to be picked up at the post office.

No issue on doing either. So far, still only 9 euro's a package for import fees.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...