Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

ladystorm

And for today I have added the following Bones V Supporter badges...

Bert holding Sir Forscale (Bert needed something in his hand)

3894040_ReaperBonesVSupporter-Bert.jpg.d1e35bb45070ff3999c5dc2865bf2294.jpg

Andi with a pair of red flowers in her hair

284448231_ReaperBonesVSupporter-Andi.jpg.19eac750c4dca17d7b3cc62c6bc6055e.jpg

And Monique and her love of Parm

467481712_ReaperBonesVSupporter-Monique.jpg.1ad964ee7bd9b3b9d58b20a58843e6f4.jpg

The first set of badges is located here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88310-reaper-bones-5-enthusiasm-and-commentary-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1877499

To add these to your signature, simply copy the location (URL) of the image [Right-Click the Pic] and use the "Insert Image from URL" in the "Insert other Media" or you can download a copy to your computer [again Right-Click the Pic] and upload it again within your signature.  Either method works.

Stay tuned and Enjoy!

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 6

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take on pledging for Reaper's KS.

I've been on board since the first one and pledge multiple hundreds of dollars on each.  My wallet, and possibly my wife, hates you, BTW.   I am fairly certain that I have spent over $1,500 on the 4 Bones Kickstarters and that doesn't include Base Boss and CAV Boss Kickstarters.

I currently own SO MANY player character miniatures that I don't pledge directly for the CORE Set anymore.  Though this one is intriguing.  I just pledge my initial $100 at the outset and then as the whole thing winds down and my funds are clearer at the end, I adjust.  When the KS is over and we've moved on to the KS Pledge Manager at Reaper's website, then I make a list of my must-haves and such in the PM.  At that point, I use their PayPal system to make further payments to finish off what I want before they close the pledge manager.

Once they finish the KS and take things to the Pledge Manager, they usually break down the CORE Set into subsets.  You can add on these subsets as extras or if you didn't get the CORE like me, just add on the subsets that intrigued you.  This may cost more per mini but as I said, I generally don't want another 30-50 player miniatures, etc.

In the end, I get what I need with the method I outlined.  The few things I miss in the KS that I might have considered I can always get in the store later when they are released. 

Now, if you haven't a lot of minis and need to flesh out your character options for your players, by all means, get the CORE Set.  The value of the CORE Set per mini is insane.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Reaper Live screen shots of the Thing in the Well.

799406120_ScreenShot2019-10-03at4_39_39PM.png.05a1b89ba6e13fdec97502e911f7c0c4.png

1699237118_ScreenShot2019-10-03at4_39_57PM.png.9cebe5e009c0fb00be98521a855ba3e7.png

That looks properly Elder Brain-sized.

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

No, I had no access to any previous files.  I did have the concept art for the Old Goroloth to work from as Ron wanted a resculpt of that in a more dynamic pose that would fit a 3 inch base, and with a fresh take on it.  This was my first digital sculpt and I started it from scratch. They are both fish creatures though so... 

A couple other views for you:

IMG_5342.PNG.8c2cb362992070f0b4ab5c9ef9a3bdcd.PNGIMG_5341.PNG.5b7f4e0e1347099a80578c7403f59e31.PNGIMG_5340.PNG.eb3d5c3960cdc5b42a5996385502f373.PNG

That looks absolutely astounding. The one who sculpted it should be just as proud as the ones who will own it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Since it looks like map 3 might lead to an Oceanic map 4 at some point, I started image searching "ancient greek pirates". IT turns out Piracy was very much a going concern in the Mediterranean for ages. The Etruscans were well known for it? IDNKT. Anyway all the searching led to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWldM3NtGUg

Pirate hunting on the high seas of some fantasy world, Where sailing ships are propelled by Force 10 winds, And arrows are the heat-seeking, fire-belching, explosive-tipped variety. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, TGP said:

Since it looks like map 3 might lead to an Oceanic map 4 at some point, I started image searching "ancient greek pirates". IT turns out Piracy was very much a going concern in the Mediterranean for ages. The Etruscans were well known for it? IDNKT. Anyway all the searching led to this:

Pirate hunting on the high seas of some fantasy world, Where sailing ships are propelled by Force 10 winds, And arrows are the heat-seeking, fire-belching, explosive-tipped variety. 

Yep, I am guessing the next map will be the Greek Expansion which from what I have seen has cool minis to get everyone through the low point in the kickstarter, followed by an oceanic one ending with a pirate ship to get everything over the finishline. As we finish this map, we are at +50k per goal. I would guess we will get through a goal of that high in about 2 days each then the last map in a mad dash.

• Like 3

Still liking this KS. I do miss the news section on the forum and the page trailing upcoming releases. Twitch/YouTube is fun but as people have said good to get basic/flat info as well. 

Overall though I'd rather have people designing and making new minis (like a pirate ship wreck) than responding to comments. 

I really like the Goroloth. The old one was a bit skinny and this one is more versatile. 

Am looking forward to the pulp investigators, Ford model A car, and dark elves that they mentioned on Reaper Live. Also keen to see what they do with Chronoscope expansion again mentioned on Twitch/Reaper Live. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TGP said:

But assassins creed is totes realism! :lol:

• Haha 6

I also quite like the new Goroloth, and I‘m often luke warm on underwater fishy creatures. Often it‘s kinda awkward to have them laying flat, like a dead fish at the market. But this one is really dynamic, good job!

They were talking about EU shipping again last night, apparently they have old friends in Germany and are working on a deal with those. Unless there is a deal with the UK in which case we‘ll get our stuff shipped from there again. They‘ll collect VAT again for EU orders.

All according to twitch, if someone pointed it out yesterday night I‘m sorry, too much to catch up fully.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I avoid the comments section on KS.  People feel so entitled and are downright awful on there.

If I need something answered, I will usually message the creator, get the answer that way.  If I think my question pertains to more than just myself and the answer isn't already somewhere on the KS that the creator pointed me to, then I might be compelled to post about it in the comments separately.

• Like 6

Just woke up and checked. A trebuchet... yaaay. 

Since we talk about Aboleth, new not-at-all-a-mind-flayer would be nice, given they rise to popularity thanks to BGIII. Actually there's a full family branch of nasty things pretty unrepresented, from Gythianki to Slaad, to other hight tier monstrosities. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Good morning, Kickstarter fans!   Who’s ready to unlock some stuff today?   

Looks like we'll pass the $1,400,000 mark in the next hour or so...

Daddy needs a new Trebuchet! ::D:

A trebuchet?  You seem the type who would want 3-4 at least... :devil:

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

A trebuchet?  You seem the type who would want 3-4 at least... :devil:

Truth!   

I probably will be ordering multiples of all the siege equipment.  

If you're going to rubble a castle, you need to do it right! ::D:

• Like 7
  • Haha 5