Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Balled-up miniature?

Anyone know a mini that is curled up in a ball? Preferably, a small female goblin, but small would work. Pretty much need a figure that appears to be rolling down a hill.

It'll replicate a unfortunate victim of a cockatrice attack so even a crude sculpt would work here (crude being a figures from yesteryear).

thanks for any help on this one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Citadel used to have one as ammo for the Gob Lobber.

The Auld Grump

Just looked at aftermarket prices for that.........ouch!

Even thou the adventure says the PCs encounter a balled up, stone goblin (petrified), I might go with Gonda, goblin cleric from the Warlord line up & just put the mini down when they ID it as a goblin.

14206_G.jpg

Bones goblin, boiling water, and a pair of gloved hands.

Cut the base off, boil it, SQUISH IT, rolling it into a ball while still hot. Then drop it in ice water.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Bones goblin, boiling water, and a pair of gloved hands.

Cut the base off, boil it, SQUISH IT, rolling it into a ball while still hot. Then drop it in ice water.

I thought about that but I've had little luck with boiling Bones minis. I was going to just take a metal goblin & bend it, but I think just telling my players there is a balled up figure in the distance & then placing down a mini will probably be for the best.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a cute but deadly little lady goblin. 14178, Skralla the Reven Hero was sculpted by Jason Wiebe. I painted her with Reaper MSP paint.

According to the rumours; Skralla grew up near the Shores of the Sea of Stars, far from Monglash. She heard the tales of Razig and his undead crew, and has always wanted to join them. Knowing that Razig would never accept her unless she proved herself a true pirate, she raided Aizen Krahl one night and emerged with one of the dwarves' coveted guns and a trail of bearded corpses behind her. Now that she has the guns, the murder, the pillaging, and the rumming down, she has thrown in her lot with Varaug in hopes of meeting Razig one day and joining him. If only she had stolen ammunition, or knew how to load the wretched thing. Still, it serves her well with a blade tied on, and maybe Razig can teach her shooting.

• By DragonWyrm
      Now, I have a pile of unpainted stuff. Time to reduce it by some amount. I got all of these from Bones 4, but I think that the rank and file goblins are from the previous kickstarter.
      Since I didn't want to play around with the poses I started experimenting with colour choices. Some classic orange, modern green, royal violet, baby pinks, icy blue and even a grey sorcerer.
      Some other points:
      Batch painted (apart from the experiments) NMM (it really teaches you much when you do it for large amounts of figures, I really love Prussian Blue and wet blending really helps in NMM) Experimented with using Vallejo spray paint: it gets somewhat tacky when it dries for a while, but that disappears when you paint over it with acrylic paint.
      Overall I like the detail on them, but some poses could be more generic for the rank and file goblins. In my personal the large sabre goblin is the worse of, it is a fun and interesting pose, but it only works for 1 goblin. 

Now the photos are not the best (it was getting dark when I got the time to take them. Plus I have yet to make a good photo shoot)

Let us start with Modern Green. The right hand side goblin has one of the better NMM sabres. Currently they have a gloss varnish. 

Royal Violets and Baby Pinks: Both violets and pinks work. Sadly the photo for the violets didn't come out well, so you only get a top down shot of them. 

I also found an old metal miniature at my local hobby store, so I included them here. If anyone knows where it is from I would appreciate if you could tell me: 

Classic Orange: Now my favourite pose from the rank and file goblins is the spear. You can rank them up and they look like a real army! And they have a pose that works for defence, retreat and attack. The photo doesn't really do them justice

Icy Blues and Grey Sorcerer: The sorcerer is a really nice sculpt. He has a nice pet spider on his back. sadly the sun was already pretty low and all other photos didn't come out well. 

I painted the spider as a RedBack. See a lot of them here. 

Armoured Goblins: they are fun, really like those sculpts. There was another armoured goblin in Bones 4  (I previously posted him). I don't think he really fits in with these as a goblin.

• By EvilJames
      I'm fairly happy with these two, especially how the bases turned out. Other than that, I'm still working on consistent lighting and how top make the picture look good on both the phone and on a monitor. Also I may need to get some sort of air purifier, because the amount of dust that forms and how ridiculously quick it appears, is well... ridiculous!
    • By EvilJames
      Thank you @malefactus for recommending this guy to me so very long ago. He was absolutely perfect for my needs. Now it's just to bad I can't get a game in. 

Hmmm. his one eye looks a bit weird up close. Oh well, on the table he just looks confused. 

I'll need to look up who made him again in a bit, so I can put that info in the title.
    • By EvilJames
      Big Boss Goblin for eventual theoretical Frostgrave. Fairly happy with his armor and jowels
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)