Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Telenar walks over and pats Keb on the shoulder.

 

"In our curent state, any ideas are welcome friend, and yours is better than most. Though I doubt exploration is not very high on the job priorities..." at this Telernar gives a quiet sigh, "I would be more than willing to put that plan into motion. Perhaps we can commit to both ideas. I am sure the militia wouldnt mind a few of its members going off hunting Orcs."

 

Then the elven rogue grins. "In the last hamlet of ours, I overheard some folks talking about some kind of ancient burial mounds nearby. Apparently they are rumored to hold treasure, and exploring these mounds may prove worthwhile" his eyes glitter at the mention of exploration.

 

"What do the rest of you all think?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rurik: I would prefer to hunt orc but retrieving gold from some mound will do. Licking his lips lets gather some info and be on our way. I could do with a bit of ale and a good meal looks at the inn when we get back.

 

Lance: "In our present condition I wouldn’t want to hunt orc on there own territory. I agree with Mialie, lets find out who’s the authority figure around here is and hope they are in need of our services or at the least they may need escorts to the Keep."

 

Looking at Telenar "The exploration of a treasure mound does sound enticing, perhaps if we can verify that story we can check it out, though I’m sure retrieving it will be more difficult than it sounds. Lets see who’s in charge first then see what our options are."

 

"Who wants to see what they can find out in the inn? The rest of us will look around town." (Still have a dagger and shield I could sell if it came to that)

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'll go and find the mayor or whomever is in charge." Responds Samuel as he fingers his holy symbol. "Perhaps it's wise for some of us to look around and see if this town is protected enough?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'll head to the inn to see if I can gather any information on this village and the local area. Maybe I can find something that can work to our advantage."

 

Telenar looks at each party member in turn as if asking if anyone wants to come along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mialie looks over at Telenar, "I will go with you I think. Perhaps if we spilt up and check out both options and meet at the inn? And decide from there?"

 

"I agree," replies Aleria, "I will go with Samuel and see what we can find out there. Does anyone want to look about the town and see if they can discover anything?"

 

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rurik: I'll take a look about, since the place is forticated they may be in need of a real weaponsmith.

 

Lance: I'll go along with Rurik and see what I can learn from the shops here and see what they have avaiable. Hey Keb, why don't you come along and help me keep Rurik out of trouble?

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Rurik and Lance speak out at he same time "The inn it is"

 

As they turn to walk away Lance waves Keb to follow, when they are about 15ft away he looks back and yells "see you in a few hours" then he contiues on.

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telenar, Mialie and Aleria wander into the inn, finding it relative empty save two men talking and drink at the bar. They stare at you a minute of awkward silence then one man looks at the other. “It looks like we’s got a mighty fine crop of long ears this season.” The other more portly man laughs from behind the bar. “I think’s you got that wrong Chester, I would say the stalks are looking mighty short.” They both burst into laughter again. “Only if you count the pale thin ones.” They both laugh again…

 

Samuel walks off to ask who is in charge and finds that the village is run by the elders. After trying to find where each of the elders is, getting sent in a variety of directions for the village folk’s amusement he finally comes across one of them at the inn, in fact the first elder he finds is a farmer out tending to the fields.

“Ha been have a bit of fun with you have the lads?” the man laughs. “Just a bit of fun, you sees we don’t much like you southern people up here haha! And nos I don’t think we bees a needn no southern clodhoppers to protect our fine town. I’d expect you and your friends might be wantn to move along unlesses you gots some business to be doing.”

 

Rurick and Lance quickly find that the are no shops in this hamlet as it is far too small to support them. Instead they go to the blacksmith who does not seem very happy to talk to either of you and sends you on your way.

 

Meanwhile Keb finds himself a nice quiet place outside of the hamlet to meditate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That's settled then. See you at the Inn." Replies Samuel as he begins to walk off to begin his search for the mayor or whomever is in charge, and Keb saunters over and joined Rurik and Lance.

 

After getting the runaround, Samuel joins the others in the Inn. "So, how's things been?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telenar's eyes narrow dangerously and he slowly brings his hand to his rapier. Looking at the two men, he answers their insulting remarks quietly, his voice angry. It is apparent that the elf does not take well to any sort of foolishness.

 

" I would suggest you two fools find your amusement elsewhere. The ladies and I are not here to be some local attraction. I would suggest shutting your loose mouths and get us soemthing to drink."

 

Telenar looks back at the two women.

 

"Anything to drink? I wouldn't mind something myself, maybe some cool wine."

 

Then his shoulders slump as he recalls their current predicament.

 

"Actaully, considering our low funds, maybe we should save our gold for more practical things. It doesn't look like were going to be finding any information here. Let us leave these two idiots to their drinking and meet up with the rest of the party. Maybe they found something."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance & Rurik: Finding the locals less than helpful, they decide that it's about time they head back to meet the others outside the inn.

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before Telenar or the women can actually leave the inn to converse with anyone...

 

In the inn

 

“Oho the little spud thinks he is a warrior now!” One man remarks at Telenar’s threat.

“Haha! I would say for you to cut him down to size but he already is!” both men laugh in hysterical fits.

“Why not let your women fight for you lad they seem the bigger for it!”

“Come now don’t be so hard on the lad. The boy has no money to provide drink for the ladies.”

“Haha! Why don’t you leave them with Otho here boy, he has the goods to provide for them both!” The men burst into another fit of laughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×