Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Before Telenar can react to the man's crude words, Mialie puts her hand on his arm, "Come, let's take our leave. He's not worth the time or effort." ALeria looks like she wants to say something, but wisely hold her tounge. She signals Shadow to stay close as she heads out the door, hoping Mialie and Telenar are right behind her.

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking up at the others faces, Mialie simply states. "I think your luck has been about the same as ours." Tucking an errant strand of hair back behind her ear, she purses her lips as she thinks for a moment. " I am correct in my assumption that you got no valuable information out of the townsfolk."

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance: Not much unless you consider how they react to outsiders. There aren't many people that live here and there are no shops to speak of. Oddly the blacksmith wouldn't speak with us and acted like he didn't have a care in the world. I would have thought he be hard at work making or fixing something.

 

Motioning for everyone to stand aside where they can’t be overheard he whispers "something here just doesn't make sense. It's as if were being fooled or were looking at an illusion. You would think that a small hamlet like this would be more concerned with security, there are no guards at the gate and only a lookout in the tower, there defenses are nearly non existence and not one person seem trouble or worried."

 

"No one has approached us for news or happenings outside of the hamlet or if we’ve encountered any orcs along the way."

 

"It’s odd we saw no signs anywhere of orc activity. Both Meir and Shadow found nothing. I’m sure orcs could easy overrun this place if they so choose to."

 

"Let’s think about this, even the rumors we all heard about riches to be had were untrue. Perhaps someone started the rumors to draw adventures to travel out this way…."

 

"But for what reason."

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I think that perhaps this is the work of rampant xenophobia and isolationism." Pipes up Keb, the ever watchful observer of humanoid behaviour. "But I wouldn't rule out magiks, I just think it's more mundane than that."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I agree with Keb." Says Aleria "It's just the way these people are. Even as we have progressed further towards this 'keep' each twon has been less and less receptive to us. Especially since we are little more than penniless beggars at the moment. If we had gold......" She smiles wanely. "I think we should go check out the mounds, if we find any gold, we can come back buy our supplies and continue on towards the keep. No need to force ourselves upon these people any more than needed. It would do no good to make enemies of them, when down the oad we made need them." She turn towards Telenar. "From what you headr in the last village, are these old mounds? One that these people here won't mind us poking around in?"

 

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telenar gives a small shrug, finally cooling down after the Inn incedent.

 

"All I heard was that some sort of adventuring party had heard that there were strange mounds in te area, that were rumored to house ancient treasures. Some sort of burial grounds, I suppose. Considering that these treasures are said to be 'ancient', I'd assume that the mounds are rather old as well."

 

"Truly, I doubt that these burial mounds will have anything to do with this small hamlet. From the sound of it, these are most likely the funeral sites of more important figures. I don't know much about this keep were headed to, but they could have something to do with the place."

 

After speaking, Telenar gives a little grin, realizing just how much he assumed in his last musings. If they were going to go for the mounds, then just trying to find the place would take awhile. Hopefully they could make the trip without incident. And then, provisions was going to be a problem yet again...

 

"How much food do we have right now?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Not much. But it is summer, we can hunt and there are plenty of plants about to keep us fed. And if we find some berries I have a spell that might help us et through these lean times" Replies Aleria "There are some advantages to knowing how to live off the land."

 

"Meir can scout from the air for game, if need be." add in Mialie.

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telenar nods slowly.

 

"Alright then. So I guess were going to be headed for these mysterious mounds next? If so, where do we start looking for them? We're going to need some sort of plan."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rurik: The mounds sounds like a good place to me, but unless we ask one of these humans were they are then were do we start to look.

 

A moment later a grin crosses his face that you all have seen many times before.

 

Lance: oh boy, here it comes. Orcs…. Right! Samuel, lend me your strength.

 

Rurik: Look, we capture an Orc and make it talk, it’s that simple. I bet they know about the keep and where the burial mounds are. May even get more information if we know how to ask the right questions (with that he strokes his axe).

 

With a stupid look on his face he asks, “any of you know how to speak Orc?”

 

Lance: Scratches his head, “well some of that did make sense. I also think it might be best if Mialie could have Meir try to spot the burial mounds, we’ll fight the Orcs if we have to.”

 

“We could head for a high hilltop, we may see something from there or we could follow one of the locals that’s heading away from the hamlet then ask him/her where Samuel here could go to pay his respects to the dead. Looks at Samuel “Meaning no disrespect but if that’s alright with you.”

 

“I have some skill in hunting, I’m sure if we work together we’ll catch something.” Looking at Aleria “just enough to get us by…, ok?”

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"None taken Lance. In fact, it may be a wortwhile endeavour anyway since there may be some danger of them awakening and walking the earth again." Replies Samuel as he fingers his holy symbol. "As for lending you my strength, I cannot do that I'm afriad. However, I can lead you in matters of faith - Heironeous offers strength unlimited to His followers."

 

"I do not particularly feel comfortable with grave robbing." Pipes up Keb, he's certainly been more talkative recently than normal. "But if it will enable us to be more productive and elieviate our current logistic problems then I will go along with the group's consensus."

 

"Aye fellows, I must echo Keb's sentiments, in both respects." Says Samuel in a sombre manner. "But I wouldn't be much good to the Invincible if I balked and allowed you to face these dangers without me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance: upon hear Samuel mention Heironeous name a memory from his childhood surfaces.

 

An image of a small boy hiding in the woods, Uncle John always gave me plenty of time to hide… As the leaves from his hiding spot were removed he looked up to see a pointy-eared man… he tells me my father is missing then hands me a sword. In a strong calm voice he says… Heironeous is your strength. One day when you are ready I will return.

 

I now recall how Uncle John never heard or found any trace of the Elf even though he himself was an experience ranger.

 

Samuel, I like to hear more of Heironeous and his teachings if you have the time.

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh I am glad to hear that Lance." Replies Samuel with a smile on his face. "Now is not the time as we have his work to be getting on with, but don't fret, this evening when we camp we shall begin. If that's okay with you of course."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance: With a broad smile "Yes of course".

 

Turning to his other companions "Well, anyone agree with my idea or perhaps I should ask inside the inn they seem to be in good spirits now, I may have better luck than you.

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×