Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Talking for what seems like hours in the center of the town you notice a group of townsfolk approaching the party, they are all armed with spears, swords etc...some have shields and even leather armor.

"We don't likes you beggers coming through our village and making a fuss. So's unless you gots something to trade we's suggest you git out."

 

With that the crowd of perhaps a dozen men and boys begins to advance on you with spears ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mialie raises an eyebrow at the crowd. "Well, I guess this is our invitation to leave." Then looking at the crowd. "I don't suppose any of you know anything about some old burial mounds do you? And before you say 'no', just think of the enjoyment you can find in the evening thinking of us getting torn to pieces by some unspeakable horrors in the mounds."

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rurik: heads toward the entrance to make sure their exit is clear. He will guard the exit till everyone has gone through.

 

If approached by armed locals at the gate he will tell them that all he wants is safe passage for him and his companions and that it would be best if they stand aside.

 

Lance: Steadily walking backwards toward the exit with his arms forward (not armed) Hey…Hey now, listen we want no trouble. We were only passing through; we hoped to gather a bit of information about the happenings in the area or perhaps about Orcs. Pausing for a moment. Motioning with his outstretched arm left to right selecting locals at random. (Or if the blacksmith is amongst them) Did I beg from any of you? Pausing to see there reactions and to let them look at each other. What say you, can you give us a bit of info?

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telenar angles a playful grin at Mialie.

 

"I love it when girls have such positive outlooks on things." he teases.

 

Turning back to the crowd of angry villagers, he raises his voice a little.

 

" And what fuss might that be? We are a band of adventurers merely stopping by your town to gather information on some sites of interest in the area. One of these is an area of burial mounds, which mi'lady Mialie already mentioned. I do not think that we bother your small village by merely being curious."

 

He glances back quickly at his party to make sure he got it all straight, then continues anyways.

 

"If you can give us some information on the site of which we seek, we shall leave your little hamlet and be on our way, with no more 'fuss'. If you do not know anything about the mounds we speak of, maybe you could simply share some local knowledge with us. Being that we are new here, we could use some general information."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The angry mob does not seem as if it wishes to listen...They continue to approach

Lance moves to the back of the group seeing there are still no guards at the gates only the lookout in the tower who seems to have a bow ready.

 

Rurick stands definate waiting for the party to move away but for whatever reason they do not move.

 

within the next action they will likely begin to stab you...choose your actions wisely (and I mean post some actions rather than banter...if you post to talk to each other I will assume you are doing nothing else).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingering a bit a Mistletoe, Aleria mutters to herself. "Fine, that's how they want it." Then to the others "Lets go, and quickly, before we find ourselves in hotter water than we already are."

 

Mialie, seeing that there will be no information coming forth, nods in agreement, and turns to leave the hamlet. Aleria takes rear guard with Shadow. If need be she will give the others a quick tug on an arm or cloak, which ever is handier and tell them "Come on. It's not worth losing our lives over or getting dubbed as bandit's because we attack them. Even if it is in self defense."

 

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the villagers approach the group, Keb mentally prepares himself to defend himself should the need arise. As he does so, he makes his way out of the hamlet.

 

"Please don't use lethal force fellows." Samuel says, hoping he said is quiet enough that only the party can hear him. "We don't need to be labelled as murderrs as well as beggars." He too makes his way out of the villiage, but moves to guard/block access to one of the unarmoured spellcasters or other such characters as he does so. His shield is up and ready, and he has his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance: Standing opposite Rurik at the gate he points out the archer above and indicates he should angle his shield. Ready to advance if any members need aid he calls out

 

“EVERYONE GET OUT THERE NOT LISTENING, LETS MOVE IT! CMON!! CMON!!”

 

Lance and Rurik will both make sure everyone is out, and then cover the rear, following in whatever direction the group chooses.

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telenar gives a deep sigh and looks at the party with an annoyed frown.

 

"Well, needless to say, they weren't all that helpful. As far as I can tell, they should get along well with orcs." at this he gives a lighthearted chuckle, hoping to raise the party's spirits a little.

 

"Ah well, I guess we continue on then. Look at it this way, we aren't any worse of then we were when we arrived there." he gestures to the road ahead of them. "I guess we head off then. We have been left with a few choices of our next stop. We can either head to the keep, find the mounds, or go hunt Orcs. There may be more possibilities but they must have slipped my mind."

 

The elf taps a finger absently upon his rapier hilt, waiting for a reply from his fellow adventurers. Though he knows things aren't going well, he's ready to try to make the best of it for him and his friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance: It would seem we are all interested in find the burial mounds. I have some suggestions that seem to make sense.

 

I agree with Mialie, Meir should scout from above. With any luck he’ll spot the mounds or a stream. Where there’s water there’s usually animals.

 

I say we hunt a bit before moving on. I suggest Aleria, Telenar and myself (anyone else feels there PC can help) search the nearby forest for any game, fruit, berries etc…. animals are sometimes lured near hamlets because it’s a food source.

 

Aleria can see if Shadow can pick up any orc scent? If orcs are a threat it’s possible they sent a scout party at some point.

 

Mialie and Samuel can watch the road incase the villages come looking for us. Also perhaps if only 2 people approach someone on the road they’ll feel less threaten and may be willing to help.

 

Keb would you mind scouting up ahead, in the direction of the keep?

 

Rurik you follow Shadow as best you can, you may know orc tactics best and know what to look for.

 

Looking at his companions with a raised eyebrow. What does everyone think?

 

 

Rurik: Walks over to Aleria wolf-dog Shadow, knells down, then says “So its you and me. If we find any of there filth I get first choice, ok?” Standing back up “I’m in”

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sounds like a good plan. At least, better than any of mine at the moment"

 

With that, Telenar moves over a little towards Aleria and Lance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"A good idea, but let's put some distance between us and the hamlet first. No need to invite anymore hosilities from the people." Says Mialie "I suggest we keep moving in the general direction of the keep." Then with a whispered word to her bird, she sends him aloft to keep watch from above. "There, Meir can both look for the mounds and keep watch while he is flying."

 

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telenar gives Mialie a grin and watches the bird fly off.

 

"Aye, let us move forward a bit." he takes a small step forward and then turns back towards the other adventurers. "Shall we be off then?" he asks cheerfully, as if they weren't hungry, broke and just kicked out of town by an angry mob of men, women and children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance: Agreed, what’s say we travel a few more miles before executing our plan.

 

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×