Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So I needed a break from all the Bones 4 minis. And dug into the Bones 3 stash for variations sake.
I found one of my old modules -The Village of Hommlet, and spent some time reading. Ah, The Moathouse! Brings back memories!
And I got inspired to do the Bandits from the Bones 3 Stoneskull expansion, as they were similar in style to the ones I recently painted. And to flesh out the band, I added a couple of other Bones 3 minis that were in the same drawer, and that I thought might fit in a band of robbers.
One quick paint job later:
I want your money...and your life!
From the "Dwarf Kings Companions" add-on set, this is the
77574 Dwarf Royal Weaponmaster
Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
Just add the bones 4 ones to this lot, and there we have a goodly group of bandits. Or a unit of irregulars / rabble or whatnot in some wargame or other.
Hi everyone, here are pictures of the diorama I made for the forum contest. As I mention in my entry post, this Dungeon Dwellers Diorama is my first 3D printed project. I created this interactive base to display Reaper Miniatures models; 07002 Baran Blacktree the Veteran Warrior, 07004 Stitch Thimbletoe the Halfling Thief, 07008 Luwin Phost the Wizard and 07012 Caerindra Thistlemoor the Fighter all sculpted by Bobby Jackson, along with 02712 Eyebeast sculpted by Julie Guthrie and 03017 Charnel Grub sculpted by Jason Wiebe.
I designed the dungeon model and printed it myself. The dungeon wall, pillar, door, the crate, the barrel and the chandelier are all 3D printed. The torch is from Reaper’s 02638 Adventuring Accessories sculpted by Sandra Garrity. The extra eyestalks on the Eyebeast are from Reaper’s 03440 Creature Components II. I used Reaper’s MSP acrylics, Citadel inks, Vallejo Matt Varnish.
The four adventurers base are imbedded in the display diorama and they are removable. Last, there are two small magnets under the Charnel Grub and in the wall, so the models, except for the Eyebeast, can be removed and utilized for game play.
Your comments and critiques are very welcome. I hope you enjoy it.
From the first Bones kickstarter, or rather, a purchase I made soon after since I did not add on the "Fire Giant Warriors" subset.
As I have written earlier, I am grinding through getting the older versions of the Giants painted, as the newer versions are both 1) better detailed, and 2) a lot larger. The idea is that if I do not get the older ones done before I start the newer versions, they will never be touched again. Which would be a shame, really.
This is the only old version Fire Giant I have, as the ones from Bones 3 and out are the new size and design.
I went with red skin and firey hair and beard.
The red is new Citadel Screamer Pink, Wazdakka Red and Evil Sunz Scarlet. The steel is Scalecolor Black Metal, Army Painter Plate Mail Metal and Army Painter Shining Silver. The gold is Vallejo Model Color Brass.
...and Char Donaye is only one wicket away from retaining the Ashes...
77179 Fire Giant Bodyguard
Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2012
Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
60mm round lipped base
available from reapermini.com
******EDIT : Jump to Show-Off thread
Everyone, meet Viridius.
He's a hefty boi. No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.
I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look. Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him. So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.
One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work. The question is, what to do? Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)
Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape. The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled. I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water. I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing
I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business. So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)
I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.
Who's Online 10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)