Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Female thief in Leather Armor 03-141

32 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

Thanks Glitterwolf!

30 minutes ago, Adrift said:

Not being the nostalgic type, I would say that the miniature does not do the paint job credit.

I'm thinking that's a compliment Adrift, so thank you!  The nice thing is if you take a "less modern" miniature and apply a decent coat of paint, they really do end up coming out pretty nicely and there are so many older miniatures wandering around the multiverse, they really just need a bit of love and care.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 72moonglum said:

Thanks Glitterwolf!

I'm thinking that's a compliment Adrift, so thank you!  The nice thing is if you take a "less modern" miniature and apply a decent coat of paint, they really do end up coming out pretty nicely and there are so many older miniatures wandering around the multiverse, they really just need a bit of love and care.

It was definitely a compliment to you!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jellyranger69 said:

94836648-95C9-4386-8F30-283AD5B1FA5D.gif

Thank you JellyRanger!

8 hours ago, Beowulfthehunter said:

I love following your work and you are one of the top reasons I still come to this forum.

Is the dagger meant to be curved like that? It feels bent.

Thanks Beowulf! That’s very kind of you to say so!  

That’s actually the way the dagger came, it’s very crooked and odd. 

54 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Very good work making that rather complicated armour look realistic.

Thanks paintybeard! It was really the only complicated part of the whole figure. 

this gal has a male version that I’m painting at the moment. Also a very simple figure with the exception of the armor studs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

think that thief is 1995-1996.  I have, or at least had, it - but that stuff is still heavily disorganized.  My memory says mid-90s or later, for however much my memory may still be worth.  

Here’s their page for range on the Lost Mini Wiki. The only bad thing is it doesn’t mention the years

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Player_Character_Sets_(Male_%26_I'd probably have to wander around their catalogues to figure out exactly when they started being available. The good thing is you can still get them all at Iron Wind Metals/Ral Partha. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Warlady said:

Very nice job!

Thank you very much Warlady!

I ended up editing a nice close up of the face:

1757438763_03-141P.JPG.f378c2d39851b506ee5ce122cbacc2e5.JPG

It shows all the little points of dirt, dust and debris, but it's nice to do a close up sometimes.

8 hours ago, Iridil said:

The skin has a wonderful warm undertone to it - lovely!

Thank you Iridil, it started out as olive skin and did washes and highlights from there!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this