Sign in to follow this  
PhantomAquarist

Drowned Zombie Horde!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      I always wanted to paint a Cronosaurus so when Antimatter Games offered on through a Kickstarter I took it.
      In hindsight I regret getting the FDM printed version, I should have gone for the resin one since you can clearly see the printlines on this one.
      On the other hand it was a good deal and it helped me to choose what kind of printer I wanted.
      This came preprinted

Part of my Lost World Project.
      WIP Here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/page/164/#comments

Hope you enjoy the beastie.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1874304670/prism-dice-handmade-from-bulletproof-glass?ref=category_newest
    • By Godfather Punk
      Evil Dead 2: The Official Board Game is a tile and miniature based survival horror game for 2-6 Players based on the classic movie.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/evil-dead-2-the-official-board-game

The officially licensed Evil Dead 2 Board Game is the tabletop experience Evil Dead 2 fans have been dying for--featuring at least 8 custom figures with art depicting the terrifying and iconic characters, monsters, and locales from the cult classic film. 2-6 players will work together in 60–90 minute sessions to gather pages of the Ex-Mortis while trying to survive demon attacks, supernatural events, and avoid turning into evil deadites themselves.

• By NyarlaBcn
      I received this amazing mini from a friend as a birthday gift, so I was extra motivated to give it a lot of work. That's the Patrick Keith version, bigger than Chaz Elliot's one: a great wingspan, somber looking. 
      I've seen several paint jobs here to get some inspiration. Many people decided to go full with the spectral theme; blue lights, blue eyes. IMO, although it looked great, the overall impression wasn't enough that of an angel of the depths made with driftwood, but something newer and too colorful for what I was thinking. 

So instead I went with a very dry palette: just black, brown, grey and rusty metals. I wanted to convey it as if its driftwood dried for days in the sun of some beach, just to be driven back to the seas, and to the beach again, on a neverending cycle. Worn wood, sundried, rotten, thorn; old wood, tired, greyish thanks to the salt and the wind. 
      I couldn't capture it on the photos but the only spark of color is on its eyes: a ghoulish green reminiscent of its spectral nature. Overall it actually looks pretty basic, simpler than these other works you can find on google, but... I'm happy with the outcome. 

BTW lately I've been invested on my instagram account: it's only for miniature painting works. I would love if you people give me a follow, and feedback :D it's @albertnyarla

• By Cyradis
      A certain platypus managed to snag a Maiden Bust on my behalf.

I love the sculpt. The casting is... meh. Sorry Reaper, metal is working better for you than resin. The resin had funky tiny chunks on parts, edge of the hand and rose are odd, and lips are a little rough on the edges. Mostly rough edges. I cleaned what I could, and am using gloss varnish on other odd bits to smooth them, but I can't get it all. 

But in the slightly funky surface, I saw an opportunity. What if she wasn't quite a maiden? What if she was kinda... dead? Not all the way dead. Just becoming dead or undead, as if from a curse. And the rose is the only thing holding the curse at bay. 

So maybe Cyr is crazy. Maybe Cyr is going to paint something awesome. 

So far she has gray primer, dabs of gloss varnish, eyes, maiden flesh on one side, dusky flesh on the other, and a base coated rose. 

Her live area will be blonde. Her dead side will have "white" hair, and a blackish rose. 

The dusky skin and the vallejo nocturna white flesh are amazingly similar in tone, but very different in feel. Right now the difference is subtle, but as I shade it, the live side will get more rosy and warm, while the dead side will become more gaunt and sullen, like a starving vampire. 

At least... that's the plan. 

Think I can pull it off?

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)