• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Evilhalfling
      I decided to go outside the box on dragon colors. 
      @Sirithiliel was a great inspiration,  but I don't want to steal her colors directly.  hopefully this one will look as good. 

So here are the colors 

lots of false starts  found a wing I liked but not a dragon scheme. 

How about a google search on lizards? 
      Bother.  nature beat me too it.   well maybe ill modify it a little .... it does look a little sillier than I want. 

Final Drawing: 

Ill go lighter blue on the main body and dark & striped  on the tail
      So that's Red liner on the red area, and blue liner on the main body and tail. 
      that will give the face a less monotone coloring. 
      I want to really try and leave the liner visible between the scales. 
      Planning on getting the colors right first then adding thin black glaze to provide shading.   I guess white in half steps for  highlighting. 
      most color changes will be when the scale changes.  I'll paint the wings first, as proof of concept. 

Kind of a fun way to spend the day.  the power went off while I was doing crayon drawings.  I didn't notice.  

• By theleast
      I'm painting again after a looong absence.

The colour scheme was inspired by Australian Frilled-neck Lizards and Thorny Devils. Base was extended with an MDF circle, cork, stones, and green stuff. I used my airbrush to prime it all and lay down the base colours, then lots of hand-painting, washing and drybrushing.

• By Crowley
      In the Storm King's Thunder campaign I'm playing in we've had 2 encounters with an ancient blue dragon named Iymrith. I don't have a painted blue dragon... And my very pregnant DM isn't going to get one bought and painted before we need her, so...

Digging through my minis, I figured Narthrax was as close as I've got. It was going to be blue anyway (or dessert sands brown) so that was my top choice. I also thought about the wizkids dragons, but the FLGS only had the green, and I wasn't all that impressed with the sculpt. I'd rather drop $30 on another Narthrax if I'm gonna paint a brown one in the future.

Tonight I pulled her out, scrubbed her down, and started working on her base.
      She could probably for on a smaller base, but with her wingspan, and the fact that she's an ancient dragon, I figure she deserves it.

and the cork will give her some extra height. 

It helps her look even bigger as compared to Blightfang!

More to come!
    • By hrafna
      So i painted up my narthrax using purple to green chameleon on the wings, clear pirple for the body with a metallic purple drybrush, shining mitheril for the eyes and teeth and a milkyway auto pigment mixed into acrylic medium for the horns and tongue. Unfortunately the chameleon paint effect doesn't show up in pics, but looks amazing in person.

• By wdmartin
      After two months of work, he is done!  I give you ... Narthrax the White.

If that's not enough for you, there are a hundred and forty eight more pictures in the WIP thread, documenting his development in excruciating detail.

On a side note, as I made the final adjustments and took the photos, I finished watching the climactic episode of Critical Role.  And it was awesome.
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)