How to make a helmet/mask

My son has made his first d&d character, a dragonborn bard based off of the real life music artist MarshMello. We found a dragon-man mini that we ordered but I want to find a way to make a removable mask that his mini can wear. However, I have no clue what to use to make it? This is an image I modified with Photoshop of his character to give an idea of what I mean. I did order 2 of the mini he plans to use, so if it would be better to make a non-removable option we could do that too.

Thanks! 

-Nook

marshmello.png.3cab5e87132f5a390c2820b187545f2a.png

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Nook said:

My son has made his first d&d character, a dragonborn bard based off of the real life music artist MarshMello. We found a dragon-man mini that we ordered but I want to find a way to make a removable mask that his mini can wear. However, I have no clue what to use to make it? This is an image I modified with Photoshop of his character to give an idea of what I mean. I did order 2 of the mini he plans to use, so if it would be better to make a non-removable option we could do that too.

Thanks! 

-Nook

marshmello.png.3cab5e87132f5a390c2820b187545f2a.png

Presuming that you want something stylized rather than sculpted (as shown in the artwork), you might want to take a look at "casualty caps". They've been used for decades to mark casualties in mass battle games and can be obtained from many companies. I'm pretty sure they're repurposed from something else, but I'm not sure what that would be and I can find them when searching under "casualty cap" on the googles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Presuming that you want something stylized rather than sculpted (as shown in the artwork), you might want to take a look at "casualty caps". They've been used for decades to mark casualties in mass battle games and can be obtained from many companies. I'm pretty sure they're repurposed from something else, but I'm not sure what that would be and I can find them when searching under "casualty cap" on the googles.

Wow. All my years of war gaming I have never seen “casualty caps”. These look a lot nicer than using pipe cleaner pieces to mark off casualties on stands. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3