Sign in to follow this  
Nook

Are you jelly?

Greetings all!

I had a fun idea for a mini that I need for an upcoming game, so I decided to DIY it. So this will be my

DIY Ochre Jellies 

I’m using white gorilla glue, the kind that foams up, and a bent safety pin. As it begins to dry I moved the “blob” up along the pin to gain some vertical height. The white will be an ok under coating, and I’ll paint it up tomorrow once it finishes drying. I’ll snip the end of the safety pin off before painting too. 1722991D-3E57-47C7-9A9C-5629AAA421BD.jpeg.8c937de09327c1736903fec418dc8e7a.jpeg0CAA1D90-74CE-4E9F-ABBD-DA803B892F73.jpeg.bb095835da5c2761aad6080a484281f5.jpeg1B5625E0-F13E-46B6-BD77-A7CD5133B678.jpeg.9bb698ef5f388b747089c5b415793ea5.jpeg1D6F8400-0B60-44F2-A930-E90A838557A1.thumb.jpeg.cea01d300fd1c66212c2a036aef57b23.jpeg

Edited by Nook
  • Like 5

I made up some jellies using yellow glue stick (hot glue). I never thought to use a pin for support. I may have to try it again. Nice work on these so far!

I let my son paint the other one, he is 9 and this was his first "mini" to paint. He was very excited and is looking forward to painting more in the future :)

744518089_aaronmini1.thumb.jpg.7d08ea07da8bc3b755168eaeef55488a.jpg253489952_aaronmini2-Copy.jpg.6ea6cf0f16e194447c67ab48841375a8.jpg

1 hour ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I think these two images look amazing.

Thanks! I probably should have stopped at that point, but I didn't. I used an super watered down black wash to bring out the details. 

• Like 3

This reminds me of this amazing DM i had for Adventure Leage. We fought ouchre Jellies and he broke out the Play-Doh and used it for them. When they split, he pulled the playdoh apart for the new ones!

GF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Generic Fighter said:

This reminds me of this amazing DM i had for Adventure Leage. We fought ouchre Jellies and he broke out the Play-Doh and used it for them. When they split, he pulled the playdoh apart for the new ones!

GF

...that would have been much easier and now I wish I had thought of that LMAO

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      So for awhile now I've had this goal, nay, this desire, nay, this primal compulsion to build a boat.  It is not enough to have hand drawn maps, or 2D terrain tiles.  I need a fully functioning 3D boat!  Well, maybe not fully functioning.  But I want to build a cool boat!

I've been working on a nautical campaign full of swashbuckling, sailing, and sea monsters for a few years now.  It's my White Whale project.  Always just on the horizon.  It'll happen some day, but in the meantime, I have a million small projects to complete and extend the chase.  One of which is my desire to build a few different sized ships to enliven any possible naval combat.

I actually attempted this about two years ago, just winging it and making some measurements and throwing them at some craft supplies.  I wanted a cheap option that wasn't too difficult to repeat that way I wouldn't be discouraged from making multiple ships.  So I limited it to cheap crafting materials like foamcore, wooden dials, popsicle sticks, and thumbtacks.  And the result wasn't  bad.  Especially for my first attempt at any kind of terrain building.

It actually turned out rather nice!  To my surprise.  But I got hung up on mast and sail designs and never finished.

The wood on the deck had 2x1in grid carved into it for easier D&D use.

and the figurehead was designed to be modular.

However, overtime the boat collected dust and little scratches.  I should have given it a coat of mod podge or sealant of some kind, but never did.  And eventually it had an unfortunate run in with an injured owl that we took in for a night.

Here's the little devil himself.

Anyways, I put this project on the back burner for long enough and feel inspired to dive back in.  Especially with a certain Bones ship on the Horizon that I'm still on the fence about getting.  I was doing some browsing on the web and recently found this wonderful little blog complete with loose instructions and a plan from a now defunct wargamming site.  The blog creator had found the old plan and adapted it to build something using most of the same materials I have already stockpiled. 

There's a few choices that I like better than my first attempt so I think I'm going to use this as some inspiration as I give this boat thing another go.

My hold up now is still those darn masts.  The original plan above used wood and required drilling out holes for the masts.  The blogger use foam for his ship and found random bits of tubing to house his masts.  I could try to find something random like that, but I was hoping to find something simpler for easy repetition.  And I would also like to keep the masts loose so they can be removed for easy storage, or to swap out the sails.  Any thoughts?

Any resources, tips, recommendations are very welcome!  I'll post back here with any updates.

• By HolkDiggity
      I wanted a traditional Black Pudding, but I didn't want to just paint it black. When I started to think about how to make this stand out, I started to think about the shimmer that oil gets, and I wondered if Black Puddings get that shimmer as well. I looked up some photos, and thought, "I bet I can do this." Like I said in the other thread, I'm planning on putting together a tutorial on getting this effect, so that'll be up soon. This one was fun to paint! I love all the little bits and bobs in the ooze.

• By HolkDiggity
      Just two little blobbies that are the result of killing mama with a slashing weapon. I'm working on typing a step-by-step tutorial on how I did the holographic oil shimmer with just regular paints, so that'll be up in a couple days!

• By Disciple of Sakura
      http://kck.st/2mr5iKg

An enormous wooden d20 capable of holding up to a pound of dice. I haven't got one of these yet, but I have gotten some other items from Munchkin Metropolis, and was really satisfied with how quickly the items were produced and arrived. Great quality, too.
    • By lexomatic
      I'm not really sure when I'll get to these, but I found a bunch of cheap sheets that I'm going to diy into mats for wargaming. As it is, they're fine (I got green, blue, and brown, and passed on a grey) . But I might sponge on some various paints for waves/ ice (double sided blue sheet) and various greens for the green sheet.
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)