Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

2019 is dead! Long live 2020!(Jan Hobbly goals)

I hope to be able to finish my Karkarion Warrior and Tlemiahuatl.

Since we're busy with packing/making arrangements and financial stuff due to selling/buying a house, I'm not certain if I will be able to.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Generic Fighter said:

Or it will be soon! So go out there and kill it in this new year! So, what ya gonna "kill" on your "job" list first, huh assassins? :P

GF

Well, according to the ISO calendar, 2020 started yesterday, so there is that. 

As for plans?  I'm not necessarily setting any, but the following few are probably on my mind... 

- Work on CAV related stuff, probably terrain

- Work on Infinity related stuff

- Work on Rauthuros

- Work on minotaurs and kitsunes

- Try not to go insane designing new desk, since hubby added in a few ideas I love the sound of

• Like 7

My monthly goal is to finish painting four, and also make progress on the humongous resin Queztoquatl.

• Like 8

Well, starting today I will be starting on the stuff from the CAV KS. Hopefully today I can get the primary colors done, then the real work will begin.

• Like 8

My goal for 2020 is to get at least one minis game unit, one terrain piece and one RPG related mini painted each month.  For January, the RPG mini is a Pegasus conversion I'm doing using 77029 Silverhorn Unicorn and the wings from 77576 Female Sphinx. Haven't decided on the unit or terrain piece yet. 

• Like 8

well, by the 15th at the latest I need to paint a giant lizard 2 amazons and a legionary.

after that I really should paint those ad mech minis that I put off for all of 2019.

• Like 8

My hobby goals for 2020 include:

• Painting more miniatures for Rangers of Shadow Deep and Frostgrave games (13 so far)
  • Entering at least two miniature painting contests
  • Painting some sci-fi minis for the game Slipstream
  • Painting all the figures in my annual box (17)
  • Painting a Mithril miniature each month [On track with 1]

In keeping with my goals for the year; my January goals are:

1. Paint 6 Chronohounds for Frostgrave
  2. Paint 5 Mana worms for Frostgrave
  3. Paint another Planar Lurker for Frostgrave
  4. Paint this month's Mithril miniature.

buckyball

• Like 9

Been a while since I've posted in one of these, probably close to 2 years.

Life is finally stable enough, and my new painting area is set up enough, that I feel like setting some goals again.

Keeping them fairly vague until I see how far I can actually get:

• work towards completion on the 10 Terran CAVs I have had on the go since 2018.
  • experiments with Badger's 3D Prime
  • at least start assembling some Star Wars Legion figures
  • at least start some assembly work on my Rocket Pig Games Clockwork Dragon
  • continue printing Antimatter Games' The Neptune's Curse
  • build a paint rack for my metallic paints
  • decrease entropy in my painting room by a non-trivia amount
  • Like 7

I need to finish my secret sophie this month. 

Aside from that I have two 2020 mini goals.  One is to work through my pile of bones, the other is to improve my painting of large figures.

Also, ignore kickstarter.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Haven't set any goals for myself for most of the last part of 2019 so try to do better this year. 

Yearly goals

#1 goal get off the computer more and do anything hobby related.

#2 pick one or more of my unfinished armies and make it a priority for finishing.

January goals

Finish painting the handful of ghosts I have primed and partly painted.

Pick/test a colour scheme for some of my battlemechs.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Zink said:

Yearly goals

#1 goal get off the computer more and do anything hobby related.

I’ve got a similar goal, helped along by the fact that my latest computer operating system upgrade finally eliminated my ability to play Civilization 4, so I have no games on my computer. :wacko:  There are still forums to read, etc., but so far it’s resulted in a lot of book reading rather than minis painting. ::P:

My other overarching year goal is to keep the painting desk cleaner; if it’s more inviting to sit down and work, more should get done.

For January, I need to work on the French Revolution, and I’d like to work on my retro-Middle Earth project, and the 1/72 scale Portable Fantasy project.  Three is really already too many to use the word “concentrate”, but that’s what I feel like doing now.  By the 31st it will probably change...

• Like 7

On 1/2/2020 at 5:51 AM, Rob Dean said:

For January, I need to work on the French Revolution, and I’d like to work on my retro-Middle Earth project, and the 1/72 scale Portable Fantasy project.  Three is really already too many to use the word “concentrate”, but that’s what I feel like doing now.  By the 31st it will probably change...

The 31st was a bit optimistic; elder son today suggested that it might be nice if we leveraged the existing Bronze Age project into multiple DBA armies, so I spent most of the morning looking through my stash of Caesar 1/72 scale Bronze Age figures to see what might be achievable.  As it is, I might want a couple of boxes of Hittites, and I just ordered some stuff from Michigan Toy Soldier, so it would have been nice if this burst of enthusiasm had hit two days ago so that I could have added them to the order. :rolleyes: My younger son wants to work on armies of the Mediterranean in the 11th century for DBA, which led to a family text string regarding inventories of basing materials, which bemused my partner.  Play is serious stuff in my family...

At least the retro-Middle Earth stuff has been getting done the past few days.

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 7