The Speedy Passage of time in the World of Reaper

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ladystorm said:

Since August of 2002.

I am one of the first 20 registered members.

Wow, that’s impressive! Is there a way to know what number of user you are?

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

You've got about three years on me - March 4th, 2007...

Which I guess makes us both some of the serious old-timers around here...

Old as dirt but not as old as Ladystorm!

2 hours ago, malefactus said:

This is a nice Auld Lang Syne sort of thread; perfect for New Years Eve. I joined on November 7th, 2007. This was the fifth forum I was a member of & my least favorite. I didn't get involved until '13...I didn't have the ability/know-how to post picks until '11.

The others have faded over the years, leaving Reaper's forum as the most alive.

Yeah, out of the forums I’ve wandered around in, the Reaper forum is definitely the most active and the most friendly!

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 9
18 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Wow, that’s impressive! Is there a way to know what number of user you are?

Not so far as I know, although you can use the search tab to see the list of members and when they joined, or post counts, or number of likes.

• Like 8

I lurked on the forum for a bit before making it official on Jan 1st of 2003. That would make is 17 years today! In my time with Reaper, I've experience much joy with the people here on the forum, attended ReaperCon from 05 to 18 straight. Hoping, the next 17 years is more of the same.

• Like 14

I was a lurker for years, but I finally registered a year and a half ago. I was weary of other online forums that were full of people sniping and being generally nasty to each other. 

I utterly adore the positivity and friendliness here. It's truly the nicest place on the internet.

• Like 11

I knew I'd BEEN here awhile, but checked just now: 2002. 

It doesn't feel like it's been that long. I think back, and realize that in 2002, I'd known about Reaper for several years, due to the fact that they had new Julie Guthrie and Sandra Garrity sculpts, the first since the fall of Ral Partha. That, and the manager of a local FLGS contracted me to paint some Reaper Life Counters for the utterly insane Magic:The Gathering scene at his store. He turned around and sold them for five times retail price, and split the money with me. And I turned around and spent it largely on Reaper Miniatures... and signed up for the forum, thinking, "Hey, minis painting tips and discussion, how can I go wrong?"

A long, strange trip it's been. Now I kinda wish I still had some of those life counters. They're collectible.

• Like 14

I must have been led here from the comment section of the first kickstarter.  okay tracked it down.  Recieved KS on April 11, 2013; joined forums April 13th.  The only mini  I finished in 10 years before the Bones was purchased and painted while I waited for the KS to arrive. 

this form gave such a push to my early painting and has continued to drive me forward.  I create painting goals post them here, and then report on my successes and failures. 

I sometimes ask for advice,  or give others the same,  but this forum has been a close companion for my entire adult painting phase. 

really a mini isn't really done until I have decent photos and posted it here. 

I also post pictures to anyone of 3 facebook groups, but rarely do I recognize the people that reply or comment on my posts there.  It is just not the same kind of community.  Even though I eventually recognize a few of the regular FB posters. 

I love going to reapercon (twice)  and seeing so many people in person that familiar from posts and discussions here.

ill be back again this year. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 11
4 hours ago, haldir said:

I lurked on the forum for a bit before making it official on Jan 1st of 2003. That would make is 17 years today! In my time with Reaper, I've experience much joy with the people here on the forum, attended ReaperCon from 05 to 18 straight. Hoping, the next 17 years is more of the same.

That’s one thing I haven’t had the joy of doing, attending Reapercon, even though I would certainly like to. I live in Omaha, so it’s maybe a 10-12 hour drive, not so bad, just need to plan somehow.

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 12
  •  
  • JOINED April 23, 2003

As with most, I lurked for a bit before creating my own account.  I had just restarted painting after a hiatus and had become a geographical bachelor due to the Navy.  Found a game store in Norfolk, VA and bought my first Reaper mini.  After reuniting with my family in Kittery, ME I looked up the website on the back of one of the blisters and found the forum.

Oldest post I could find: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/2159-arachno-assassins/&do=findComment&comment=40321

• Like 13
37 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

That’s one thing I haven’t had the joy of doing, attending Reapercon, even though I would certainly like to. I live in Omaha, so it’s maybe a 10-12 hour drive, not so bad, just need to plan somehow.

You should!! If I can make it down there for 14 years straight you surely can attend at least once. I hope (work related) I can attend again but thanks to the new dates that makes is very hard for my attendance now. At least I can take comfort in that my FLGS anniv is Labor Day weekend so if I can't go, at least I'll have something game related going on. Speaking of which, 9 days till hotel reg opens up!

My oldest post is in regards to me purchasing some Reaper - Warlord figures. I'm pretty sure it's not my first as it's like 3 years after my start up date.

• Like 11

I just got here.  I joined on September 3rd 2019 - the day after my family got back home from ReaperCon.

I had come across the forum in image search results for Reaper minis I was painting.  For a while I just used Show Off threads as inspiration for painting minis from the Bones 3 core set I had picked up on eBay.

I took the family to RC2019 and heard more about the forum there.  We had such a great time at the con that joining was kind of a way to keep the con going.

I got a lot more active during the B5 KS campaign.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, haldir said:

You should!! If I can make it down there for 14 years straight you surely can attend at least once. I hope (work related) I can attend again but thanks to the new dates that makes is very hard for my attendance now. At least I can take comfort in that my FLGS anniv is Labor Day weekend so if I can't go, at least I'll have something game related going on. Speaking of which, 9 days till hotel reg opens up!

My oldest post is in regards to me purchasing some Reaper - Warlord figures. I'm pretty sure it's not my first as it's like 3 years after my start up date.

It's definitely on my list of pendings!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1