The Speedy Passage of time in the World of Reaper

Apparently I registered on the forums in December 2016 but didn't actually start posting until June 2017, with an introduction in July 2017.

I remember being afraid of posting and introducing myself, but I'm glad I did.  (I suffer from social anxiety more than I'd care to admit.)  This is a wonderful community and you are all wonderful people.

• Like 9
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/31/2019 at 8:16 PM, Mad Jack said:

You've got about three years on me - March 4th, 2007...

Which I guess makes us both some of the serious old-timers around here...

That's just a few months after me (Nov 2006) - which I guess makes me an old-timer around here, too. 

Which is weird, because there are a bunch of people here I consider the "old guard", and it turns out a bunch of those people have only been here 8-9 years at most, when I thought they were closer to us in how long they'd been here.  That got me to thinking about people who were here back then that I haven't interacted with here in years, like @Stubbdog, @cutebutpsycho, @Krztoff, @Qwyksilver, @psyberwolfe1 and a bunch of others who's names now escape me. 

I didn't realize the turnover in the "old guard" had been that significant over the years. 

• Like 8

I have been around since 2009.  I found it looking for an alternative to CMoN where i could post pictures without having my every skill Critiqued.  Now I dont post so many minis anymore but i still love the friendships and comradery I have found since being here.  Even all my other favorite miniature manufacturers hang out on different spots on this forum so everything is covered.

Thanks for being there!

5 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

That's just a few months after me (Nov 2006) - which I guess makes me an old-timer around here, too. 

Which is weird, because there are a bunch of people here I consider the "old guard", and it turns out a bunch of those people have only been here 8-9 years at most, when I thought they were closer to us in how long they'd been here.  That got me to thinking about people who were here back then that I haven't interacted with here in years, like @Stubbdog, @cutebutpsycho, @Krztoff, @Qwyksilver, @psyberwolfe1 and a bunch of others who's names now escape me. 

I didn't realize the turnover in the "old guard" had been that significant over the years. 

@ub3r_n3rd is one of the ones i miss most.  He moved and then just seemed to disappear.  Hope he is doing well, whatever he is doing!  I am too much a creature of habit.  I will probably be here until I am the only one left or I cease to be. 

• Like 9
On 1/1/2020 at 2:32 PM, 72moonglum said:

That’s one thing I haven’t had the joy of doing, attending Reapercon, even though I would certainly like to. I live in Omaha, so it’s maybe a 10-12 hour drive, not so bad, just need to plan somehow.

You should.  It's a fun time, you could go and see the factory, and you could even play a rousing game of Takhisis Pieces in the melt table.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 7
9 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

@ub3r_n3rd is one of the ones i miss most.  He moved and then just seemed to disappear.  Hope he is doing well, whatever he is doing!  I am too much a creature of habit.  I will probably be here until I am the only one left or I cease to be. 

ub3r_n3rd came to mind, too, but a quick glance at his profile shows he was here a couple weeks ago, so it looks like he's been lurking at least.   I know I've done that for a few periods of weeks/months over the years. 

• Like 8

I joined in October of 2013, and my first post was asking a question about Reaper's Bones 2 Kickstarter, particularly regarding Khanjira and if he wasn't met, what would happen to the money I pledged for him during the campaign.

My first show-off thread wasn't until 2017, because I really wanted to show off Ma'al Drakar before anyone else beat me to it and made mine look bad...

• Like 10
16 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

ub3r_n3rd came to mind, too, but a quick glance at his profile shows he was here a couple weeks ago, so it looks like he's been lurking at least.   I know I've done that for a few periods of weeks/months over the years. 

27 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I have been around since 2009.  I found it looking for an alternative to CMoN where i could post pictures without having my every skill Critiqued.  Now I dont post so many minis anymore but i still love the friendships and comradery I have found since being here.  Even all my other favorite miniature manufacturers hang out on different spots on this forum so everything is covered.

Thanks for being there!

@ub3r_n3rd moved and got a new job at a certain point which left him with less time/opportunity to visit here as often as he did before.

And as far as I know he's in a painting rut, meaning he doesn't hobby that much either at the moment.

I miss him as well although he pops up every now and then, so Paul, if you're reading this, I hope you will find your mojo back and I like to "see" you around more.

Other people I miss, @Kheprera ( Formerly known as Aryanun) @tiniest rhombus, @Flamehawke and @canuckotter isn't around much either.

I'm happy to see that  @knarthex has returned. Welcome back buddy!

And I would like @Erifnogard to be around more, he popped up recently again, but the Elder God sleeps too long beneath the waves, wake up!!!

• Like 11
37 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

You should.  It's a fun time, you could go and see the factory, and you could even play a rousing game of Takhisis Pieces in the melt table.  

So you're saying I should go there and have my heart broken and my soul crushed?  Sounds fun!

• Like 7

I joined in 2012 after the first kickstarter, but lurked a year or so before that. My wife actually posted a mini a year before I joined. Eventually I went back and retroactively liked it, even though she never posted anything after, and doesn't use the forums here.

• Like 8

I joined with KS1 and you have now encouraged me to try and find my first posts.

These days, I am still around but tend to read comments more than make them. I am also in the unofficial Discord fairly regularly. 

Looks like I joined the forums in September of 2012.

• Like 7
22 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I joined in October of 2013, and my first post was asking a question about Reaper's Bones 2 Kickstarter, particularly regarding Khanjira and if he wasn't met, what would happen to the money I pledged for him during the campaign.

My first show-off thread wasn't until 2017, because I really wanted to show off Ma'al Drakar before anyone else beat me to it and made mine look bad...

Nobody makes me look bad. Not even those who are far more talented than I may EVER be. 

Ain't a matter of being BAD. Is a matter of beating yourself up and then getting BETTER.

NOBODY is ever really BAD.

18 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Save enough pieces and you save a Takhisis!  

Someday... someday... I will find the Joker's other foot...

• Like 9